Confirmed with Link: Mike Smith Re-Signs 2 Years @2.2 million AAV

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Its interesting that this thread was bumped.

Right about the time Holland made the decision to extend Smith (for 2 years no less) was when he should have been trying to solve the goaltending issue.
Instead he just kicked the can down the road until he was cornered...at which point he put himself into a situation that severely limited his options...then he made a very bad decision.

The Smith contract is what started the journey down the road to Holland signing Jack Campbell.
Shouldn’t you start at the Gretzky trade.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Meaning that the gm made decisions at the time that he thought were best. And that’s the end of the story.
This is an absolutely ridiculous thing to post on a hockey message board. So no hockey discussion on GM decisions because, after all, he did the best he could do. End of story...lol
Surely you're better than this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Meaning that the gm made decisions at the time that he thought were best. And that’s the end of the story.
Do you think the Gretzky trade was anything other that 2 criminals buying and selling the best player who's ever lived, that just also happened to work out for the league?

Glen Sather only facilitated the trade, HE didn't "make" it.

Reactions: Satire

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
This is an absolutely ridiculous thing to post on a hockey message board. So no hockey discussion on GM decisions because, after all, he did the best he could do. End of story...lol
Surely you're better than this.
You do you, just make sure your crystal ball is polished.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
You do you, just make sure your crystal ball is polished.
Yeah...I dont think you're getting this at all.

This is starting to remind me of what it was like to have a conversation with my ex...lol

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Yes Smith coaches minor hockey in kelowna.
My son in Vancouver played against his spring team last April. Kelowna has some superpowers going on there. Jarred Smithson also coaching his kid there. Those guys came down and gave us a spanking. Shea Weber also coaches.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad