Proposal: Mike Richards

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Nah. You win with strength down the middle, and Richards is the kind of guy who wins championships wherever he plays.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
ohhh he doesn't know about the 1st... oh ok... yea sure...

but how about this...we trade OUR first...for YOUR FIRST...ah? ahhh?? wink wink :naughty:

HolyShot*

n bkuijuyvghnngyhnnkj 90o x vgfzzzzxvv jmmmn9opol n fh56tfgvdx vtfxdscvvcvbgfcdvhjnj j,kkujbm hmnbn jfgcvfv bcvc ftrtjm,mkjgvbck

Captain Mittens*

n bkuijuyvghnngyhnnkj 90o x vgfzzzzxvv jmmmn9opol n fh56tfgvdx vtfxdscvvcvbgfcdvhjnj j,kkujbm hmnbn jfgcvfv bcvc ftrtjm,mkjgvbck

Agreed. If we don't get a personalized Finger jersey, we ain't making the deal.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
I hope he can play center. You really want Stoll or Carter there over Richards?

No, and neither would any other intelligent hockey fan. There's a reason Mike Richards is the only player in the history of the NHL to win championships at every level.

Richards is a playoff stud, 65 points in 82 games, shutdown guy, fights, physical, agitates, iritates , annoys, and frustrates the opposition right off their game . He's third in playoff scoring for the last 3 years.
From a Canadian reporter on the TSN Radio during last years playoffs on Richards rattling both Kessler and Burrows.
"I've seen this guy from juniors on up, he has the unique ability to get under the skin of the opposition and keep his head in the game, they end up with their head up their ass."

Because Kessell is a playoff stud? Really? Good luck with that .

Kessell? that's laughable.

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
No, and neither would any other intelligent hockey fan. There's a reason Mike Richards is the only player in the history of the NHL to win championships at every level.
You forgot S. Niedermayer. Don't think they are the only two to do so either believe I'm forgetting 1-2 guys.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
You forgot S. Niedermayer. Don't think they are the only two to do so either believe I'm forgetting 1-2 guys.

No I didn't forget Niedermayer. He never won the Calder Cup. he's got more SC's but MR is only 27 and with the talent and youth (and cap space) on this Kings team, he'll win more.

As of today, Mike Richards (per the NHL in an article they posted about him Aug 2012 Summer of the Cup) is the only player in the history of the NHL to have the distinction to win at every level he's played at.

That could change, but as of now it's just him.

The Hockey News wrote about him in Dec 2010 in a year in review type article where they said 'when' not 'if' Richards wins his first Cup he'll become the only player ...
So I knew it was coming.

KingKopitar11*

Man that's a nice resume. If he only played like he used to then I wouldn't mind keeping him. His time as a king has been below what his accolades show. He did great in the playoffs but dropped off during it. Once again, nice Accolades but I want him to play like he did when he was a flyer but he certainly hasn't .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad