Rumor: Mike Reilly hoping to be traded

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Keep him at that point. They are under the salary cap.

Ditch Reilly to anyone for anything at full salary however. Barely a 3rd pair offense only, soft defenseman. Terrible trade and contract by Sweeney.
Seeing that he cleared waivers. no one is taking Reilly at full salary. It would take a sweetener to dump him or retention. Or an equally bad contract in return. Or all of the 3.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Ducks and Bruins are recent dance partners. I could see Anaheim taking on both of Boston's buried contracts (Rielly and Wagner) if the right incentives were involved.

John Moore (LTIR) 2.75M final year

for

Mike Rielly 3M one year remaining
Chris Wagner 1.35M final year
2nd round pick
4th round pick

I'd then see Anaheim buying Rielly out this summer at a cost of 1.33M x 2

I think they like Wagner as depth, to be honest, and almost all of his cap hit is covered. Not sure why the Ducks would buy Reilly out.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
The fancy stats love him. He is a very good puck moving defenseman, he just is too soft to play in later playoff rounds off the bottom pair.

He can be the #5 on an excellent playoff team caliber bottom pair, Bruins are just cap broke and have too many LD. Lindholm is obviously gonna be in the lineup. And they like Forbort for the PK. That leaves Gryz, Reilly and Zboril fighting for one spot.

Problem is that any other contending team that could find him attractive for their bottom pair is as cap strapped as the Bruins.

Honestly, I’d rather try to move Craig Smith who is a pending UFA and wouldn’t cost two years of dump cost.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Ducks and Bruins are recent dance partners. I could see Anaheim taking on both of Boston's buried contracts (Rielly and Wagner) if the right incentives were involved.

for

2nd round pick
4th round pick

What is the add to Smith for Moore? It’s one year of salary instead of two and he could be flipped at 50% at the deadline.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA

for

2nd round pick
4th round pick

The Ducks already have all our 2nd round picks from the Lindholm trade lol.

Reilly and BOS’s 3rd and 7th to Buffalo for Future Considerations
I do it.

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
With Werenski done for the year, Columbus may embrace the tank and they'll need a body at LD to take some minutes. Bean and Gavrikov will get plenty but Reilly could help as the bottom pair.

Reactions: Mick Riddleton

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
With Werenski done for the year, Columbus may embrace the tank and they'll need a body at LD to take some minutes. Bean and Gavrikov will get plenty but Reilly could help as the bottom pair.
Reilly would help on the power play and pair him with a stay at home guy. Let him do his offensive game as a stand in as a 5 - 6 - 7th spot guy for depth.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Dumba will play physical though.

I’m amazed Rielly made it this far while being terrified of physical contact
Then it's strange that they have the same number hits. But Reilly played four games less.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Reilly would help on the power play and pair him with a stay at home guy. Let him do his offensive game as a stand in as a 5 - 6 - 7th spot guy for depth.
Tell me you have no idea what the state of the Jackets' defensive personnel is without saying you have no idea what the state of the Jackets' defensive personnel is.

(Hint: there is no "stay at home guy" to pair him with.)

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Then it's strange that they have the same number hits. But Reilly played four games less.
Yes since getting to Boston he’s had to hit more to stay in the lineup (which is a big difference to being scared to be hit).that doesn’t change that the second he sees pressure coming into him he backs off and panics.

99% of Bruins fans will agree he’s terrified to get hit.

Dumba also has 733 hits in 533 and Rielly has 318 in 338. No matter how you swing it, Dumba is much more physical.

Reactions: Fjordy

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Yes since getting to Boston he’s had to hit more to stay in the lineup (which is a big difference to being scared to be hit).that doesn’t change that the second he sees pressure coming into him he backs off and panics.

99% of Bruins fans will agree he’s terrified to get hit.

Dumba also has 733 hits in 533 and Rielly has 318 in 338. No matter how you swing it, Dumba is much more physical.
Gotcha, I didn't know that, I thought he was constantly playing the physical game. Well, at least he's better than any AHL defenseman that's filled our roster right now. I think he would look good with Lyubushkin in the third pair.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad