WEEI Mike Milbury says Bruce Cassidy is ‘starting to implode a little bit’

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Since when is Mike Milbury anything but a knowledgeable hockey man? He's done virtually everything in this league and suddenly he's not to be taken seriously??? Give me a break. We would be lucky to have him in any capacity, including GM. It's not like he could do any worse than the asleep at the wheel moron we have now!

You seriously think the man who traded away Roberto Luongo in favor of keeping Rick DiPietro as well as shipping off future Hall of Famer Zdeno Chara and the pick that led to Jason Spezza for bum ass Alexei Yashin would be good as the Bruins GM?

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I was on Bruce last week but stepped back and took a deeper look at it and the 2 big holes on roster would hurt any coach.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
You seriously think the man who traded away Roberto Luongo in favor of keeping Rick DiPietro as well as shipping off future Hall of Famer Zdeno Chara and the pick that led to Jason Spezza for bum ass Alexei Yashin would be good as the Bruins GM?

You think he 'd be worse than Sweeney? I dont. At least it wouldn't be as boring. Besides, my point is since when is Mike Milbury not a knowledgeable hockey guy?

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

Lets be fair here.Dipietro could stop pucks ,his health got him.Milbury gambled on that and got burned.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Cassidy isn’t mentally tough. Claude, for all his flaws, and he had many, had more mental grit than Butch, unfortunate to say

I do think a coaching change could be beneficial overall, trouble is I’m not sure I trust the guy that would be replacing him

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Put this poster on ignore. He/she is not worth it. Their POSTS are for confrontation only. They get a rise out of it.

Reactions: EvilDead

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I was on Bruce last week but stepped back and took a deeper look at it and the 2 big holes on roster would hurt any coach.

Its definitely not solely on Bruce. Sweeney has made errors and to be fair gotten some bad luck (Nash concussion and Kase), he’s seemingly turned it around and his one good year they went to the final…speaking of which…

But Bruce is failing to utilize and develop what he does have. Bruce has a history of being stubborn in making players play a certain way and putting them in odd positions to succeed. his decision making pre game and in game and between games is suspect. He gets flustered easily and coaches repeatedly out Fox him when it matters.

a different coach could theoretically make them better but;

a) I don’t know who that is and
b) the bruins aren’t winning a cup with or without Bruce. would take an absolute miracle run.

maybe in few years if sweeney keeps hitting on picks and makes some better pro moves, or gets fired and some other unknown savior comes in.

definitely a very milling about type situation where we aren’t close to a cup but can’t just blow it up and suddenly be contending again in 2 years.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
There was also a former Washington player that did an interview on chiclets. I can’t remember exactly what was said but it was a lot of the same sentiments about Bruce calling players out publicly.

Colby Cohen recently wrote something similar on Twitter.

Bruce's demons catching up with him - he may not have learned from the Washington stint after all, which is a shame because overall he is a respectable coach.

I've started a debate in my mind.

Claude vs Bruce.

Claude wins 100% of the time so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad