Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
The players we had on the ice:

JOB
Regin
Daugavins
Phillips
Lundin

All I know is I saw Regin go into the scrum, and was screaming at him to get out of there before he blew out his shoulder again.

Out of that collection of players, well... slim pickings is all I can say about it.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
How can people be dissing him for being injury prone?

This was a cheap shot, nothing else. Head targeted, left his feet, somewhat blindside. Disappointed that Daugavins was the only one to show something there.

harvey

Jun 5, 2006
Ottawa
Wow, Phillips just stood there & did nothing & let the smaller Daugavins, the European Daugavins & the Daugavins who rarely fights go after Renaldo. Very embarrassing & he should be ashamed he did nothing. But it's not the first time nor will it be the last time players on this team do not respond to this kind of thing happening to one of their players & the team doing nothing about it. Remember with Haglin nailed Alfie with an elbow to the head, no one did anything about it.

So Renaldo takes out Lundin & beats the crap out of Daugavins & no one did anything about that? :help:

Phillips cannot fight, he has a career ending eye problem if he ever gets involved.

Yet again comments from children who have not knowledge of the game.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Phillips cannot fight, he has a career ending eye problem if he ever gets involved.

Yet again comments from children who have not knowledge of the game.

Did anyone else go after Renaldo after he got out of the penalty box for that incident? I didn't see the game & only watched that one clip of the hit.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Well Alfie got tossed for crosschecking him in the "head".

Well ... I was wondering if Neil or DD or Gryba dropped the gloves with him. Cross checking him in the head with his stick could be looked at as dirty or cowardly but I didn't see it.

Kickabrat

WHAT - ME WORRY?
Jul 4, 2004
Ottawa
Wow, Phillips just stood there & did nothing & let the smaller Daugavins, the European Daugavins & the Daugavins who rarely fights go after Renaldo. Very embarrassing & he should be ashamed he did nothing. But it's not the first time nor will it be the last time players on this team do not respond to this kind of thing happening to one of their players & the team doing nothing about it. Remember with Haglin nailed Alfie with an elbow to the head, no one did anything about it.

So Renaldo takes out Lundin & beats the crap out of Daugavins & no one did anything about that? :help:

Did anyone else go after Renaldo after he got out of the penalty box for that incident? I didn't see the game & only watched that one clip of the hit.

Player who hit Lundin....ZOLNIERCZYK not RINALDO. Here's another clue. Player who hit Lundin wears #37 (Zolnierczyk) not #36 Rinaldo. Good thing somebody went to the trouble of posting the video.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Player who hit Lundin....ZOLNIERCZYK not RINALDO. Here's another clue. Player who hit Lundin wears #37 (Zolnierczyk) not #36 Rinaldo. Good thing somebody went to the trouble of posting the video.

Well why did Daugavins go after Renaldo & get his head beat in by the wrong guy? :shakehead Couldn't see who hit him from the video that was posted? Did anyone go after Zolnierczyk?

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
I do not even care if we lose the next game against Philli... I hope that MacLean lets Neil and Smith off the leash so they can handle Rinaldo, Simmonds and the rest of those twits.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I do not even care if we lose the next game against Philli... I hope that MacLean lets Neil and Smith off the leash so they can handle Rinaldo, Simmonds and the rest of those twits.

Philly has way more tough guys than Ottawa, I think our players would get beat up badly. One big tough enforcer would make a huge difference on this team as Carkner & McGratton made for this team in the past. I don`t know who is available but my guess is that Murray addresses it in the off season.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Philly has way more tough guys than Ottawa, I think our players would get beat up badly. One big tough enforcer would make a huge difference on this team as Carkner & McGratton made for this team in the past. I don`t know who is available but my guess is that Murray addresses it in the off season.
Sdao,Kramer we have a few coming up ,but for right now cant see much available

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Well why did Daugavins go after Renaldo & get his head beat in by the wrong guy? :shakehead Couldn't see who hit him from the video that was posted? Did anyone go after Zolnierczyk?

Phillips grabbed Zol then the linesman separated them, Daugavins grabbed Renaldo and the fight ensued.

Lundin really set himself up badly, but Zol did leave his feet so Shanny will talk to him tomorrow and tell him to be a good little boy.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario

Rinaldo wasn't interested in fighting any one of Smith, Neil, DD, Methot, or Gryba.

So if any of these guys grabs him and pounds him, they get the five and game and Rinaldo stays in the game.

Smart move in a one goal game, NOT.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Sdao,Kramer we have a few coming up ,but for right now cant see much available

It remains to be seen if those two make it to Ottawa but yes Kramer looks like a young Neil I hoping & Sdao I haven`t seen enough to know but he is huge. I imagine he will be in Bingo too once his college career ends at the end of this month.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
WHAT A bloody CHEAP HIT!!! Just leap at his face why don't you.

Hey,

We are having a debate over the hit on the Flyers board. Now I know I'm in enemy territory and all that jazz. But this is a picture of the hit from that video. He doesn't jump at his face. Did it look bad, yes it did. did he get his head, yes he did. But I don't think it was intentional tho. Lundin did see him coming and I am pretty sure Z hit him in the shoulder and the follow thru/momentum got his head.

picture10xdj.png

For what it's worth, it sucks to see a player down, esp with all the **** that has happened to your team over this short year. I do not think it was meant to be as bad as it was/is on this hit. Hopefully he isn't gone for long.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
You can't be serious. :help:

You'd be surprised...

Yeah, **** that guy, I hope he's concussed and has to deal with post-concussion syndrome for the rest of his life. That'll teach him for being in the lineup over an AHL player.

Have some ****ing loyalty. Our player got cheap shotted and you people are fine with it?

Natural selection. Not everyone has Nobel Prize potential.

This was a wasted signing. There had to be more durable UFA players available. On top of that he does absolutely nothing good in all zones when he is dressed.

Wasted what? 600 000$? (pro-rata)

Also, I'm sorry to let you know that Sens fans still have no idea of what Lundin can bring... Only saw him play a few rusty games...

Benoit is not my 1st choice either but at least he brings a semblance of offense and manages to avoid or absorb most hits.

I'd rather not comment but I will just say that Benoit would be injured too if he was hit like that

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
I thought DD might be that guy. Maybe he is still a bit intimidated by being in the NHL.

He's never been an enforcer at any level of hockey so I wouldn't expect it from him in the NHL.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Nick Kypreos‏@RealKyper

Scheduled for noon Sun. RT "@JSportsnet: Can confirm that #Flyers Zolnierczyk will have hearing for hit on #Sens Lundin"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad