Injury Report: Mike Lundin

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
People who are blaming Lundin for getting injured on that play need to take a look in the mirror and ask themselves if they need a new hobby or not.

Lundin got devastated by an open ice charge, from a no-skill player who drove his shoulder full speed, leaving his feet, into Lundin's skull.

If you are honestly ragging on LUNDIN after that hit, and not Zolnierkykwhatever, I have no words, man. No words...

Hammertyme

Jun 20, 2006
Gatineau/Ottawa
Hey,

We are having a debate over the hit on the Flyers board. Now I know I'm in enemy territory and all that jazz. But this is a picture of the hit from that video. He doesn't jump at his face. Did it look bad, yes it did. did he get his head, yes he did. But I don't think it was intentional tho. Lundin did see him coming and I am pretty sure Z hit him in the shoulder and the follow thru/momentum got his head.

picture10xdj.png

For what it's worth, it sucks to see a player down, esp with all the **** that has happened to your team over this short year. I do not think it was meant to be as bad as it was/is on this hit. Hopefully he isn't gone for long.

Renaldo's head is a foot over Lundin and Rinalso is a *** midget.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Maybe it has to do with Richards coming back into the game. That'd be my guess.

I was going to say this.
Chances are, if a guy comes back into the game, you're not going to be suspended as long.

If a guy is forced to miss games, suspensions become longer.
I'm not saying I agree with it, but it is what it is.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
That is not Rinaldo....
I'm ok with the suspension after seeing Shanaban's video of the play, different angle and all . That said, how does a repeat guy "kaleta" only get 5 for what he did, and a first timer "Z" gets 4?

keep in mind this 1st time offender has played 43 games in the NHL. Maybe they are trying to send him a message so he doesn't turn into a Kaleta.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Just to add to the conspiracy, Shanahan in announcing the suspension has no problems announcing the suspension on Zolnierczyk for his hit on Jack London.

When alfie got hit by Bell, it wasnt his fault either, but he did say the onus is on him to be more aware there. Potvin mentioned it on the broadcast too how Lundin wanted to get back into game action and maybe was a little casual there too.

But that doesnt take away from the fact it was a head shot and he left his feet. But like alfie said, you have to be a little more aware there lest you end up like Eric Lindros.

Apr 10, 2012
Inner Space
Maybe it has to do with Richards coming back into the game. That'd be my guess.

You are probably right, I just thought with Kaleta's history and comparing the hits, he would get maybe 6-10, just basing the suspension against Harry Z. Just my opinion, and to reiterate I am fine with the Z suspension. I guess what I am saying is, a dirty hit is a dirty hit. Punish them according to the hit and past violations, not injuries. A hit that ends one player's career can sometimes be a hit that another shrugs off and keeps playing, and is bound to end up with MASSIVELY inconsistent rulings.

edited once or twice because I'm still drunk from last night , sorry.

Fusbolito

Jan 29, 2012
You are probably right, I just thought with Kaleta's history and comparing the hits, he would get maybe 6-10, just basing the suspension against Harry Z. Just my opinion, and to reiterate I am fine with the Z suspension. I guess what I am saying is, a dirty hit is a dirty hit. Punish them according to the hit and past violations, not injuries. A hit that ends one player's career can sometimes be a hit that another shrugs off and keeps playing, and is bound to end up with MASSIVELY inconsistent rulings.

Totally agree with this. I'm not 100% against the seeming eye-for-an-eye mentality that some folks have, I would have loved to see Wolski out indefinitely, for as long as Alfredsson remained out in 2011, but to NOT punish a player for a dangerous hit because it didn't injure someone is sending the wrong message, that all that matters are the end result, not intentions. It's a part, certainly, but shouldn't weigh as heavily as it seems to in internal disciplinary issues.

spartachris

Feb 15, 2013
Ottawa
Do you remember the clean hit Ulf had on Cam Neely:sarcasm:

The guy left his feet trying to ruin Lundins career and its his fault.

What is with so of these fans I expect this sort of **** from the Leafs or Ranger fans but not the Sens.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
i thought boro was still hurt, but on the cusp of coming back. maybe someone else needs to be called up...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad