Confirmed with Link: Mike Komisarek cleared Waivers in AHL

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
Still think we need a more mobile version of Komisarek on this team.

Gunnar - Phaneuf
Gardiners - Liles
Franson - Fraser

Would like to see Gunnar and Liles out for two more stay at home type guys who can skate.

I wonder what happens to Costco now.

p.s. this makes the #freekomisarek thread so much more funny.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Classy guy to do so. I hope wherever he is, he finds success. He seemed to be back in form and I really wish the best for the guy. Really feel bad that it had to end this way, however only can wish for the best.

Emroc

Sep 15, 2008
I wonder if it's management or Komi that initiated this.
He may have been willing to waive earlier in the year but maybe they were concerned he'd be claimed.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Oh **** me. Komi's gone, now speculation Holzer's back in the line up ? Can we just roll with 5 defenceman ? The kids clearly not ready for the NHL

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
The Islanders are going to pick him up he will beast mode and they will finish 1 point ahead of the Leafs in 8th place. Or the exact same scenario but Carolina instead. Leafs finish 9th

I can just sense it now. That's just the way our luck is. I wouldn't even be surprised. If that happens I will actually LOL .. then fall to the ground and burst into tears

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Oh **** me. Komi's gone, now speculation Holzer's back in the line up ? Can we just roll with 5 defenceman ? The kids clearly not ready for the NHL
I don't see why we need to call up Holzer anyways. Now we're sitting at 7 dmen which is a more normal amount to be carrying anyways. Do we need a whole spare d-pairing?

Let's give Eakins enough guys to work with for once.

Emroc

Sep 15, 2008

Phaneuf - Gunnarsson
Liles - Gardiner
Franson - Fraser
Kostka

Don't think there's a need for Holzer either way.

G51 K81*

Why send Holzer down, than waive Komi the next day to call Holzer up? The timing of the moves make no sense. You guys really believe it is Holzer? Smells fishy.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Connolly, Komisarek, Finger... man this team really has an eye for talent lol

Those three signings cost nothing at all except money. Bad free agent signing > Bad trade, in my opinion.

As for Komi, good guy, haven't heard of him being a dressing room problem. Good luck! Hope he gets claimed so he can stick around in the NHL.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Why send Holzer down, than waive Komi the next day to call Holzer up? The timing of the moves make no sense. You guys really believe it is Holzer? Smells fishy.

Reilly?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Lets hope he is claimed to avoid an amnesty buyout, and most importantly free up cap space for the Leafs for the trade deadline.

Otherwise between Connolly at $4.75 mil and Komisarek at $4.25 mil playing in the AHL and counting against Leafs cap its truly handcuffing Nonis' hands on improving the team for a potential playoff run. Complete waste of cap space and money to the Leafs.

Nonis continues to clean house in year 1 of his tenure, and more "addition by subtraction" improvement for the Leafs.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
LEAFS D KOMISAREK PLACED ON WAIVERS; WAIVES NO-MOVEMENT CLAUSE

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=418640

The Toronto Maple Leafs have placed Mike Komisarek on waivers.

TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger has also reported that Komisarek has waived his no-movement clause. If he is claimed by another NHL club he will report to his new team, otherwise he will report to the Toronto Marlies of the American Hockey League.

Twix

Patch of velcro
Aug 12, 2011
The Islanders are going to pick him up he will beast mode and they will finish 1 point ahead of the Leafs in 8th place. Or the exact same scenario but Carolina instead. Leafs finish 9th

I can just sense it now. That's just the way our luck is. I wouldn't even be surprised. If that happens I will actually LOL .. then fall to the ground and burst into tears

Guide to being a Leaf fan the past 8 years:

tumblr_mf6z3dYJYb1qlusoio1_500.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad