Confirmed with Link: Mike Komisarek cleared Waivers in AHL

Penalty Kill Icing*

Mike Komisarek on waivers, implies he waived NMC

As per LeBrun

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 4m
The Toronto Maple Leafs have placed Mike Komisarek on waivers

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
He can't be sent to the Marlies without his consent... maybe a team is actually interested for free?

The end of the world is near friends. Prepare your anus.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Never would have expected this at this point.

Holzer is coming back or a trade? (Even better Ranger decided he wants to play)

UFancyHuh

May 29, 2008
Lost
he waived his no movement. Hope he gets claimed.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 2m
Komisarek has waived no-move clause. He will report if claimed. If not willl report to Marlies.

JoeParez

Respect This Man
Jun 19, 2007
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 1m
Komisarek has waived no-move clause. He will report if claimed. If not willl report to Marlies.

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
Must have waived his NMC hoping someone would take him. Or he could play his way back up the AHL to the NHL again.

Must be to make room for Holzer coming back up.

Last edited:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I thought that like...wasn't allowed to happen.

How does that work with a NMC?

NMC doesn't mean you can't be waived. It just means that he has to approve any "movement" either by trade or by re-assigning to another league (AHL).

So I'm not sure what that means though. Are they trying to get a team to bite, or is there a team interested?

Looks like Komisarek waived his NMC. He'll play for the Marlies if he's not claimed. He just wants to play.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Sucks, I really liked him. Wasn't given a fair chance here this season. And he played well while he did play..... This season

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Well that's pretty surprising.

Komisarek figure it's better to take the chance someone will pick him up and maybe create some trade value rather than just sit around? Well maybe as well would rather do something than just pointlessly practice.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Didn't think this was possible.

I guess he would rather play and prove to another team that we would be worth trading for.

PasDaSquini

Apr 4, 2010
Classy move by Komisarek. You can tell he has a passion for hockey and just wants to play. Wish the guy well; he was never bitter about bein gin the press box.

beleaf67

Mar 2, 2013
Ottawa Valley
first we saw on the tweeter:

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris1m
Mike Komisarek just walked in the #leafs dressing room and said: “Jake Gardiner’s free.â€

This is ****ing weird... Why he was even at the practice/leafs facility if was going to be waved....

Sent down Holtzer
Call up Gardiner
Sent down Komi

I guess he had enough of popcorn... Maybe now Anaheim will pick him up... :sarcasm:

Twix

Patch of velcro
Aug 12, 2011
tumblr_m4cf5m9OiJ1qmrek8o1_250.gif

Long time coming.

napoleon in rags

Fred's dead, Baby... Fred's dead
Jun 17, 2009
St. Helena
Will anyone bite? I have a feeling there won't be any 're-entry' (e.g Finger), so this may be the only chance for a team to pick him up other than via trade.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
horrible signing most of us agreed with at the time... just a disaster. This is the best thing for Mike and the best thing for the leafs - maybe he can pick up his career somewhere else as a bottom pairing d-man.

Once

Jul 16, 2010
just read this from Darren Dreger. He also confirms that he waived his NTC. Good move for Komi imo. Gets a chance to play wherever he lands.

edwardslane

Aug 6, 2010
Makes sense for him and the leafs.. If he doesn't play and gets bought out whats his next contract worth? 1 million?

If he can get traded and prove his worth to another team.. well that could greatly benefit him. Maybe he won't be bought out for the final year of his contract and maybe sign the next one for a million more or so.

He needs to play hockey and prove his worth

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad