News Article: Mike Hoffman's girlfriend allegedly behind Karlsson Harrassment. Update June15: Hoffman & gf respond

Status
Not open for further replies.

SensPerpetualRebuild

Yelnats Puc
Jul 31, 2009
I'm increasingly wondering if there is a real mastermind (troll in the basement) behind this, sitting back amazed that the Karlsson's took the bait hook, line, and sinker, along with their hoards of supporters, while the Hoffman's are cornered, under siege, likely to be run out of town like the wild west.

THAT person is the cat playing with all us mice....

Can someone check Mirtle’s timeline and see if he’s ever tweeting at the same time as the burner accounts? If not, then we cannot rule him out. :sarcasm:

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Can someone check Mirtle’s timeline and see if he’s ever tweeting at the same time as the burner accounts? If not, then we cannot rule him out. :sarcasm:

Man. I've been thinking about this a lot recently, but I don't think it could be true. I honestly hope it is, but the way the other hockey wives have described the situation makes me doubtful.

I read (however not sure accurate) that there had been a MAC address that was traced to Mike Hoffman's neighbourhood. If true, it's either Caryk or a direct neighbour.

The only thing I can think of is that someone has had access to the Hoffman residence and planted a device that has a remote access function.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I read (however not sure accurate) that there had been a MAC address that was traced to Mike Hoffman's neighbourhood. If true, it's either Caryk or a direct neighbour.
Isn't a MAC address uniquely allocated to a computer (or more accurately, a network card)? If so, there should be no ambiguity as to who sent the message. But then, the follow-up question is: how do they know it's Caryk's machine's MAC address?

And then the other follow-up is: I didn't even know the MAC address of the sender could be retrieved from a message (I guess that's why some people advocate using Tor for privacy). People, everything you do online can come back to hurt you, so be careful what you do.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Man. I've been thinking about this a lot recently, but I don't think it could be true. I honestly hope it is, but the way the other hockey wives have described the situation makes me doubtful.

The only thing I can think of is that someone has had access to the Hoffman residence and planted a device that has a remote access function.

Accessing the Internet, the provider has a unique IP address (kind of like a phone number) of the user. If she accessed the internet from that modem, it will be traced to that address unless their modem was hacked or had no password. If she wanted to avoid being caught, use a public computer ie. library, school, internet cafe or coffee shop.

From my understanding, EK wants to access the Twitter logs identifying the Internet address and if this results in the Hoffman home, then they would have to prove their innocence. Kind of like receiving a phone call with their number, but it wasn't them.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
To me, "civil" means I hate that person's guts and will try to avoid that person. What you're describing is someone I would consider an "acquaintance", or someone I have a "good relationship" with, but not necessarily a friend.

The definition of civil is courteous and polite.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Pangu

Jun 20, 2005
I am sad and disappointed in the lynch mob mentality of so many posters on this board. So many are jumping to conclusions and getting out hangman’s rope without having seen the facts and the whole truth.

Next thing I expect is medieival justice to be demanded by the mob.

Crime and Punishment in the Middle Ages | Middle Ages

I haven't seen many posters in this thread with a "lynch mob mentality"

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
Well, that definition doesn't really capture the full meaning of civil. I think this description from Webster's website supplements that definition: "civil often suggests little more than the avoidance of overt rudeness."

I agree with this. If someone characterizes their relationship with another person as 'civil' my assumption would be that there's underlying tension, possibly mutual dislike, but they avoid making their interactions outright hostile.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
I'm still confused by how having a psycho girlfriend hurts your trade value substantially.

Just a bunch of bullshit hf logic if you ask me.

Reactions: Cosmix

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
I'm still confused by how having a psycho girlfriend hurts your trade value substantially.

Just a bunch of bull**** hf logic if you ask me.

I guess you worry that she’ll mess with the other GFs and wives if you bring Hoffman in.

It seems plausible.

Mr Hat

Oct 24, 2017
Kelowna
Hoffman denying allegations like...

Blank+_ba7f04a8fa31070a1ee6e7acbbe3e5d8.jpg

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

Just a bunch of bull**** hf logic if you ask me.
1. Ottawa is forced to trade him. Check

2. Teams have to take the drama along with Hoffman. Check.

3. Teams don't want that type of dressing room issue. Check.

4. Other teams are in the drivers seat. Dorion's hand is being forced. Check.

Reactions: Daffy
Oct 10, 2010
1. Ottawa is forced to trade him. Check

2. Teams have to take the drama along with Hoffman. Check.

3. Teams don't want that type of dressing room issue. Check.

4. Other teams are in the drivers seat. Dorion's hand is being forced. Check.

If they get rid of him they better keep Karlsson long-term otherwise no point giving Hoffman away for low value.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Have the Sens ever traded a star without having their hands tied and not being able to get the maximum return?

(Heathley, Spezz, come to mind)

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
It's hard to choose the option of the GF being arrogant enough to choose such a close likeness of her own name and expect not to be caught, over the notion that in the cyber world of anonymity, someone chose the name so that people couldn't help but draw the conclusion that it was her.

What exactly are you referring to?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

She is alleged to have caused a rift in the Sens dressing room, with our star player no less.

As a GM, why would you willingly invite that kind of drama into your own dressing room/ team culture?

It's not that hard to figure out.

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
Isn't a MAC address uniquely allocated to a computer (or more accurately, a network card)? If so, there should be no ambiguity as to who sent the message. But then, the follow-up question is: how do they know it's Caryk's machine's MAC address?
You're right. The MAC address is a unique identifier for the Ethernet adapter - could be Wifi or hardwired. So how do they know the MAC address? They probably don't yet. You'd have to have physical access to the machine, or someone would have to share it with you. An example of how you could get someone's MAC?

"Hey Melissa. We put in a new wifi router with access filtering. If you want to get your iPhone on the wifi, I'll need your MAC address to add it to the router's whitelist."

So without that kind of trick, you'd probably need a warrant to get at the suspicious device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad