Mike Hoffman's Girlfriend allegedly behind harassment against the Karlssons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I assume Mike Keenan was able to keep a lid on why he was trading Brendan Shannahan ot of St. Louis, especially since he had a reputation for moving guys on a whim, so he got a decent return, but this is so much worse than the business with Craig Janey's wife and it's so public.

The only thing I can really think of in hockey like this was when the Blues traded Doug Gilmour under suspicion of improprieties with his babysitter.

Reactions: Off Sides

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
But if live to know why they're so convinced it's his teammate.

I mean, my first assumption would be thatvis was the fan of another team. Fans have been known to do stupid stuff from time to time.

Yeah i would think they must have some sort of evidence or data because accusing a teammate is going to gain some controversy. My best guess would be they had a tech guy trace the IP similar to what happened with Bryan Colangelo and the Sixers

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
Wow. So many people here blasting Hoffman without knowing the entire story. What if Karlsson’s wife really is addicted to opioids? What if she really was taking them while pregnant?

Most people on here are just assuming Karlsson’s wife is innocent. I’m not saying she is or isn’t but people need to understand that you can’t just jump to conclusions, especially when you only hear one side of a story.

If Hoffman’s wife Is just making **** up, then I would agree that she’s a despicable human being. But no one here knows the truth.
Karlsson's wife is innocent of what? What was said to her about her, Erik and the child was horrible regardless of context.

If she is addicted to opioids, especially while pregnant, that's heartbreaking and horrible, but doesn't excuse any of Hoffman's girlfriends actions. Its one thing to reach out to try to help, but that pretty clearly isn't what was going on here, hence over 1,000 comments to her using fake accounts.

I understand being skeptical when stories like this come out, but when they aren't just rumors and are being taken to court and getting summonses, like the poster above pointed out, you can probably take it seriously.

Reactions: BonMorrison

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Wow. So many people here blasting Hoffman without knowing the entire story. What if Karlsson’s wife really is addicted to opioids? What if she really was taking them while pregnant?

Most people on here are just assuming Karlsson’s wife is innocent. I’m not saying she is or isn’t but people need to understand that you can’t just jump to conclusions, especially when you only hear one side of a story.

If Hoffman’s wife Is just making **** up, then I would agree that she’s a despicable human being. But no one here knows the truth.
Is this a f***ing joke? Even if it was true that wouldn't give her (or whoever it is) the right to harass them either online or in person. This is actually one of the worst takes I've seen on these forums in a long time.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Wow. So many people here blasting Hoffman without knowing the entire story. What if Karlsson’s wife really is addicted to opioids? What if she really was taking them while pregnant?.

What if she is? Does it make it ok to call them out publicly at a time in their lives when they lost a baby? Just because I see an overweight person that has a heart attack, it doesn't make it right for me to go to them and say "Too bad, it wouldn't have happened if you weren't so fat?"

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I'll just say this:

Some people who follow the WAGs of players like it's their job(especially women) are some of the craziest, unhinged human beings on earth.

Wouldn't surprise me at all that this ends up being a 3rd party trying to stir up ****/trolling.

Jets88

Jul 1, 2016
Karlsson's wife is innocent of what? What was said to her about her, Erik and the child was horrible regardless of context.

If she is addicted to opioids, especially while pregnant, that's heartbreaking and horrible, but doesn't excuse any of Hoffman's girlfriends actions. Its one thing to reach out to try to help, but that pretty clearly isn't what was going on here, hence over 1,000 comments to her using fake accounts.

I understand being skeptical when stories like this come out, but when they aren't just rumors and are being taken to court and getting summonses, like the poster above pointed out, you can probably take it seriously.

Read the article. There was a threat. That’s the reason for the peace bond. There is no proof that Hoffman’s wife made the accounts. I’m not defending her, I’m saying wait for the truth rather than assuming.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Lmfao watch the transformation over the years:

mike-hoffman-monika-caryk-2.jpg

mike-hoffman-monika-caryk-7.jpg

from "girl next door" good looks to a plastic doll in a matter of years

woof

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Do you think that judges grant Peace Bonds without evidence? Hint: they don't.

The application for a peace bond,
sworn in front of Justice of the Peace Louise Logue on May 4, alleges that Monika Caryk, Hoffman’s partner, had threatened Melinda (neé Curry) and husband Erik Karlsson from November 2017 to the date the information was sworn to.
This newspaper has also learned that there is an active Ottawa police investigation into the criminal harassment (stalking) allegations and that it is being probed by central district detectives. No criminal charges have been laid against Caryk and none of the allegations against her has been tested in court. No conditions have been set out in the bond either, since it appears to not have been served on Caryk.

Nothing has been granted, because nothing has been served.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Welp, the trade rumours definitely make sense now. I bet Karlsson/his wife gave Peter Dorion a deadline to make the trade before going public, and it looks like he has blown it.

Reactions: DaJackal

Jets88

Jul 1, 2016
What if she is? Does it make it ok to call them out publicly at a time in their lives when they lost a baby? Just because I see an overweight person that has a heart attack, it doesn't make it right for me to go to them and say "Too bad, it wouldn't have happened if you weren't so fat?"

That’s a completely different example. It’s like saying it’s okay for a pregnant woman to smoke crack. It’s drug related preganacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad