Not even Jack MFin Johnson? :sarcasm:

funny.gif

Reactions: SnS and Beezeral

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Depends what the cats want and where they are ... a first is pretty intriguing ..
A first is intriguing but we don’t really need it. We’ll lose Hoffman’s points and only get potential for the future. We’re trying to make some noise now.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Hoffman would require a 1st if FLA even wants to sell. He’s a good player.

Pitt should not be trading 1st round picks for rentals anymore. Not a good fit trade-wise.

IMO, Granlund is the ideal target for the Pens. 3rd plus a B prospect would get it done.

If we are going to swing for the fence, Poulin + 2020 1st for Rakell.

Don't even think your 1st and Poulin will get you Rakell. Who trades a player in their prime, on a value contract with term, and trending very well for unproven futures? If you were in their shoes, why would he be considered a problem vs a solution? He's 26, not 30+

Agree on Hoffman likely returning a 1st. However, doubt the Panthers sell cause they will be in the mix.

I actually think Kovalchuk is your cheapest option for a playoff run. Kovalchuk with Malkin seems like a great fit to me and Kovy improves your PP.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Did the Panthers fall out of the playoff race overnight?
No but again depends on where they sit in a few weeks and what does Toronto do? Let's be realistic are the cats true contenders? Can they beat wash Boston tampa or pitt in a 7 game series. Is it worth losing a first knowing this?
I hear san Jose willing to take Hoffman

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
No but again depends on where they sit in a few weeks and what does Toronto do? Let's be realistic are the cats true contenders? Can they beat wash Boston tampa or pitt in a 7 game series. Is it worth losing a first knowing this?
I hear san Jose willing to take Hoffman

Are you guys contenders? You went out first round to NYI last year....

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Hoffman is better than Gally and Bjugstad combined right now and I'd say Ekblad has way more upside than an aging Letang.

People are sleeping on Ekblad yet again...

Right now.. Cool. But big picture, better to balance out production.

I'm not sleeping on Ekblad. But Letangs longevity speaks for itself. I'll throw in a 1st too to balance out for age.

Letang, Bjug, Gally, and 1st for Ekblad and Hoffman.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
A) The Pens don't have anything that would help the Panthers
B) Considering both teams have Cup aspirations over the next few years, the they aren't trading partners

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB

I'm not sleeping on Ekblad. But Letangs longevity speaks for itself. I'll throw in a 1st too to balance out for age.

Please keep in mind, all things being equal, this guy would trade Letang for Polak - straight up

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Hoffman would be a good pickup for the Penguins. Not sure why Florida would trade him though.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Pens don't really need Hoffman with Rust's emergence as a scorer this season.

If anyone should look into him, the Oil would be that team.

McDavid and Hoffman.. oh ya.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

It's still a no. Ekblad is our best defenseman by a long stretch and having his best season so far.
FLA is no longer a farm team ready to pawn off their better players for other teams futures/tradeable pieces.

Reactions: BHD

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Maybe Bjugstad or McCann, but I'm not for sure how they would jive on the Panthers?

:sarcasm:

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Pens don't really need Hoffman with Rust's emergence as a scorer this season.

If anyone should look into him, the Oil would be that team.

McDavid and Hoffman.. oh ya.

That's why the Pens have turned to Jared McCann, Dominik Kahun, and Dominik Simon to play next to Crosby and Malkin. They need at least one top six winger (it doesn't have to be Hoffman) if they want to seriously compete.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad