Value of: Mike Hoffman to PIT

Pens2thecup871

Feb 19, 2015
McKenzie stated that multiple teams have shown interest in Mike Hoffman from FLA. He would be a decent short term replacement for Jake Guentzel and is a pending UFA at 5.1875 M. Since Florida is still in the playoff race, a hockey trade would most likely get a deal done. What would it take to get it done?

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Hmmm I like Hoffman to pit. He would fit nicely with Sid. There have been rumors of this for a bit . Just not sure Florida will let him go while they are in a tight playoff race. If they by chance let him go

Hoffman

For

Shultz 3rd pick and a prospect ( b level) nick Bjugstad can go back too if they want him

Hoffman is one I would give out first for

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Hmmm I like Hoffman to pit. He would fit nicely with Sid. There have been rumors of this for a bit . Just not sure Florida will let him go while they are in a tight playoff race. If they by chance let him go

Hoffman

For

Shultz 3rd pick and a prospect ( b level) nick Bjugstad can go back too if they want him

Hoffman is one I would give out first for

why would we want the guy back that we moved?? And gave up McCann to actually make it happen, btw.

I’d be open to it, but seeing as how he’s a rental, he’s the kind of guy a team like ours is looking to bring in for the playoff race. Still don’t like the idea of moving him.

still, Panthers can bring Tippett up to take his spot, but they need a shutdown guy who can possibly play top pairing minutes with Ek. And a forward who plays with an edge.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
1) I would be shocked IF Hoffman were traded, he would be traded to the Playoff competition. 2) If I don't see a 1 for Hoffman I say thanks but I'll keep Hoffman. Shultz and scrap metal is a hard pass.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
why would we want the guy back that we moved?? And gave up McCann to actually make it happen, btw.

I’d be open to it, but seeing as how he’s a rental, he’s the kind of guy a team like ours is looking to bring in for the playoff race. Still don’t like the idea of moving him.

still, Panthers can bring Tippett up to take his spot, but they need a shutdown guy who can possibly play top pairing minutes with Ek. And a forward who plays with an edge.
I said IF they wanted him... Shultz can play big mins but not what you would call a shutdown guy... the rest of the penguins d is staying put except for Johnson but that's a long shot . Penguins not giving up tanev. So kot sure there is much more the cats would want. Bleuger ? ZAR ?

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens can't pay any top 6 winger next year unless they move say Bjugstad and the cap goes to 84 million next year. Really I have less interest in that with Jake back and McCann, Rust, Geno and Sid in the top 6. Pens can do deals in the off season and draft day to address 2020/21 roster.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Hoffman is exactly the type of player they don't need. Sid and Geno wont babysit or tolerate playing with a lazy, one-dimensional player. There's a reason why Phil isn't here anymore.
They work best with fast hardworking wingers who chase the puck and dig,even if they dont have the natural skill...Its ok they all turn into 20 goal or better players playing with these two

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
I just want Hoffman in Pittsburgh so one day we can retire his #68 in the rafters.
Hahaha awesome....ya agreed Bjugstad would have to go ..of course alex G is gone and eith Shultz walking lots of room for Hoffman

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Hoffman is exactly the type of player they don't need. Sid and Geno wont babysit or tolerate playing with a lazy, one-dimensional player. There's a reason why Phil isn't here anymore.
They most certainly need that one shot type player especially on the PP which has struggled without kessel.. like it or not neither cup comes without kessel!! Hoffman to pitt

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Why would Florida trade one of their top 6 players when they want to make the playoffs? I don't see them pulling a Doug Armstrong and sabotage their push.

Reactions: stardog

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
Has any of the drama followed him from his time with Ottawa? Realize it was his gf's drama mostly but it's crap like that which derail seasons.
Also, he was the d-bag that squirted Sid with a water bottle from the bench during the EC finals in 2017. Dick move.

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
I said IF they wanted him... Shultz can play big mins but not what you would call a shutdown guy... the rest of the penguins d is staying put except for Johnson but that's a long shot . Penguins not giving up tanev. So kot sure there is much more the cats would want. Bleuger ? ZAR ?
Zar and/or Bleuger have very little value individually around the league. Every team has players exactly like them in their system. You're not getting a proven, 25-30 goal/60-70 point first line winger with either of those guys as a part of the package. With Tanev those 2 have formed a very good line with great chemistry. Thus their value to the Pens FAR outweighs their trade value ...by an incredibly large margin and trading them would be stupid given what the return would be

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Zar and/or Bleuger have very little value individually around the league. Every team has players exactly like them in their system. You're not getting a proven, 25-30 goal/60-70 point first line winger with either of those guys as a part of the package. With Tanev those 2 have formed a very good line with great chemistry. Thus their value to the Pens FAR outweighs their trade value ...by an incredibly large margin and trading them would be stupid given what the return would be
Exactly. If you read above I stated that. The pens are a serious contender and essay for a push. There isnt much they can spare except stand Shultz. The csts would probably ask for dumo or marino but that just ain't happening. If the cats would be interested in a pick then yes

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
This trade doesn't work for either team. Panthers need a defensive minded top 4 d-man which the Penguins don't have available.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Hoffman would require a 1st if FLA even wants to sell. He’s a good player.

Pitt should not be trading 1st round picks for rentals anymore. Not a good fit trade-wise.

IMO, Granlund is the ideal target for the Pens. 3rd plus a B prospect would get it done.

If we are going to swing for the fence, Poulin + 2020 1st for Rakell.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
idk, just another quality Dman you can play.
This isn't NHL 20. You don't just put the 18 best guys in the lineup and drop the puck. Roles need to be filled. Shultz is a redundant asset for the Panthers. They are already top 5 in points by defenseman in the NHL. They don't need more offense from their blue line. They need someone who can provide stability in the defensive zone while chipping in enough offense that he isn't a black hole in the offensive zone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad