News Article: Mike Green leads top NHL Free agents

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
You know what will fix the scoring? Our core scorers scoring. We're not replacing the top six this year unless someone dazzles at camp or DL pulls a trade out of his magic hat.

3C is an issue for matchups. If someone creative and moderately responsible can line up there, we're much better off.

I totally agree with this and adding another skilled forward to replace williams would go a long way to help our top players score more imo

Jul 31, 2005
CA
Doesn't seem like a strong assumption to just delete Mike Richards from the roster. He's under contract right now, most will agree he's going to be very difficult to trade because we've all watched his extreme downfall on the ice and a buy out is just as tricky. Until he's moved Mike Richards is the 3C (not saying I'm happy about it).

gnarls barkley

Mar 16, 2015
Chicago
I wouldn't mind us picking up Beauchemin, although if we're getting any D not named Sekera I have a bad feeling it'll be Ehrhoff, who I'm really not sold on.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
This is a sub-par UFA market if that's the cream of the crop. Interesting for all the Sekera talk around here he's not even on the list and at best the fifth best D-man on the market according to the article (not that I agree, I'd certainly have him ahead of Petry. Wtf Kevin.. :shakehead )

The league is just not going to see those days of UFA's that we used to. More and more teams are locking their quality players up long term so that they don't hit UFA status until they are past their primes.

As an aside, it really makes one wonder how a team is supposed to get better if it is not through the draft. With all of this talk of tanking, it sure makes it seem as though the "richer" teams are trying to make their inroads to draft picks without having to go through the lean years. I would not underestimate some of the more conniving GM's such as Holland to try to manipulate this aspect the way he has the rules to suit the soft Red Wings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad