Mike Fisher Groin Spear On Erik Gudbranson

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Considering the leagues previous stance on them and the fact he isn't someone that stays in trouble he will probably just get a fine.

JIMVINNY

Nov 9, 2007
Depending on what it was? I'll disagree with that every day of the week, especially if it keeps occurring, the Refs keep letting it happen, and the guy won't stand up and take his ass kicking like a man.

That said I know next to nothing about the guy he did it too, and I'm not about to say he crossed that line. Odds are something got to Fisher and whatever it was Fisher crossed the line and was in the wrong. It probably didn't deserve the reaction.

I will have a hard time believing something didn't provoke it though.

If it was any verbal sparring that led to Fisher losing it, it's not excusable. Trash talk is not reason to go after a guys jewels like that. If it was physical, still no excuse. There is nothing Gudbranson could have done, save for repeatedly sticking Fisher in the groin, that could justify that.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
If it was any verbal sparring that led to Fisher losing it, it's not excusable. Trash talk is not reason to go after a guys jewels like that. If it was physical, still no excuse. There is nothing Gudbranson could have done, save for repeatedly sticking Fisher in the groin, that could justify that.

That's pretty much what I said in my previous posts.

However I would argue there are some physical things that could be done to justify it to me. Whether they would be to you is a different matter, and well that's why they are called opinions.

DoughtyFace

May 9, 2012
Ottawa
I feel like many don't know the difference between a spear and a slash..... :sarcasm:

Fisher, 2 min penalty for aggressive "cup check"....

Honestly though he should get a warning/fine, that stuff isn't cool. Hitting a mans twig and berries like that....

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I've seen "stars" like Crosby do this all the time without so much as a mention. I a Canes game where he did this to Lindholm and then I think Gleason or Bellemore who confronted him after. I agree it's dirty and should face consequences (like diving)...but they've let it slide for so long by so many players I don't see them starting randomly now.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Pietrangelo got Pouliot twice at the end of a game not too long ago and nothing came of it.

Wouldn't surprise me if Fisher said he was trying to bring his arms up to block the forearm shiver coming his way. Unfortunately his stick went between Gudbranson's legs.

Tarasenko

Unregistered User
Oct 11, 2011
5 Lucic Nutcracker out of 5. Well played Fisher.

milanlucic-nutcracker.gif

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Wouldn't surprise me if Fisher said he was trying to bring his arms up to block the forearm shiver coming his way. Unfortunately his stick went between Gudbranson's legs.

thats actually how it looks. I realize as a Preds fan I can't be totally objective, but they are battling for the puck, Gudbranson leans into Fisher with his forearm to the face/upper chest, and Fisher falls back, pulling his stick up.. now, it looked like Fish probably "finished his check" but its not like he ran the guy down and stuck his stick in from behind, or took a swipe as he was skating by like a lot of these incidents

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad