Mike Fisher Groin Spear On Erik Gudbranson

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
After that decision, the third was a joke. The trip on Mackenzie in the third, no call and then the strips jumped at any chance to put the Preds in a position to come back in the third. It's not like they were outplaying Florida. Preds had one shot on goal in the third at the midway point and it was the jones powerplay goal. Ridiculous.
IMO overall the refs were consistent, they let a lot of stuff go on both sides and they only called one extra PP to Nashville.

This missed spearing was just brutal and should be an automatic major penalty.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
To be fair, you're allowed to make stick on stick contact, are you not? Just because the guy can't hold on to his stick properly doesn't mean it's a penalty....If he broke his stick in half, that's a different story, but he didnt.

You are right.. Kopecky should have also known better to not make a play like that.

Prins Filip

Jun 3, 2010
Filippines
Technically that's no spearing, it's slashing. To it be a spearing Fisher should've have hitted the nuts with the blade of the stick, not with the shaft like in this case. Not all stick-to-"stick" -contact is spearing.

But a dirty and painful move afterall, not used to see those from Fisher that often. Some special trashtalk of the wife must've been happened before that swing.

LaCarriere

latest

How did the zebra miss that? He's looking right at it.

Need some accountability. Should be a game suspension, just on the account that the ref is a jerk.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Technically that's no spearing, it's slashing. To it be a spearing Fisher should've have hitted the nuts with the blade of the stick, not with the shaft like in this case. Not all stick-to-"stick" -contact is spearing.

But a dirty and painful move afterall, not used to see those from Fisher that often. Some special trashtalk of the wife must've been happened before that swing.

If you cant take trashtalk you dont belong in the league..

Its a big part of the game and it happens every game for sure.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
Hartnell, Lucic, and Garbutt were all fined for spearing last season. Probably the same for Fisher as well.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
NSH fan; that's pretty bad no matter what happened. That said, it is Mike Fisher; dude is probably one of the more stand up guys in the NHL. I haven't see the video from before, but I feel like Gud must have done something to piss him off.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Problem for me with it is I want to know what led up to it, cause this is Mike Fisher we are talking about, in the years I've watched him play he doesn't just randomly put a stick in the groin for the hell of it. It could also play into why the whistle was swallowed as well after they all talked about it.

Maybe the Ref heard/saw whatever it was that made him snap and after discussing it with everyone decided he got what was coming?

I'm not really a defender of that kind of thing, and frankly if it was Weber I could see it because he is known to get ticked and fly off the handle. Mike Fisher though is a completely different story altogether, he's usually about as cool as it gets and if he thinks it deserves a butt whooping he will just drop the gloves.

I just have a very hard time believing because of who it is that something didn't happen.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Problem for me with it is I want to know what led up to it, cause this is Mike Fisher we are talking about, in the years I've watched him play he doesn't just randomly put a stick in the groin for the hell of it. It could also play into why the whistle was swallowed as well after they all talked about it.

Maybe the Ref heard/saw whatever it was that made him snap and after discussing it with everyone decided he got what was coming?

I'm not really a defender of that kind of thing, and frankly if it was Weber I could see it because he is known to get ticked and fly off the handle. Mike Fisher though is a completely different story altogether, he's usually about as cool as it gets and if he thinks it deserves a butt whooping he will just drop the gloves.

I just have a very hard time believing because of who it is that something didn't happen.

Still no mather what happened before that it does not give him the right to jab him in the nuts..

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Still no mather what happened before that it does not give him the right to jab him in the nuts..

Depending on what it was? I'll disagree with that every day of the week, especially if it keeps occurring, the Refs keep letting it happen, and the guy won't stand up and take his ass kicking like a man.

That said I know next to nothing about the guy he did it too, and I'm not about to say he crossed that line. Odds are something got to Fisher and whatever it was Fisher crossed the line and was in the wrong. It probably didn't deserve the reaction.

I will have a hard time believing something didn't provoke it though.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Depending on what it was? I'll disagree with that every day of the week, especially if it keeps occurring, the Refs keep letting it happen, and the guy won't stand up and take his ass kicking like a man.

That said I know next to nothing about the guy he did it too, and I'm not about to say he crossed that line. Odds are something got to Fisher and whatever it was Fisher crossed the line and was in the wrong. It probably didn't deserve the reaction.

I will have a hard time believing something didn't provoke it though.

Trust me Gudbranson can drop them with the best of them in this league so i dont think Fisher scares him that much...

So thats not the case.

And yeah that reaction is to much in my opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad