Status
Not open for further replies.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
David A. Rainer said:
Vanek.

Not even much of an issue.

Why not much of an issue? just because he's younger?? I don't think that's the true berometer of talent. I like Vanek alot as a prospect but I think Cammelleri is more NHL ready right now and could put up 50-60 pts next season where as Vanek might be a 20 goal 35 pts man. Just my opinion ......

HOCKEY_GURU

Jun 27, 2002
Visit site
I Think both have a high upside, any reason why Cammalleri cant be a Recchi type? and any reason why Vanek wont be a sniper? in essence they both can be top notch point producers - IMHO anyways, so which will deliver at the next level? in reality its mere speculation - how many "Blue chippers" have we seen fail? - plenty, and tho i think both have big upsides (but in slightly different ways), anyone that says they definitly know either one will translate that to the NHL is merely speculating , so which side will win this debate? I say its 50-50, sorta like tossing a coin and those that get it right will say "see I told u so"

HOCKEY_GURU

Jun 27, 2002
Visit site
Just thought id add another note - had someone told me Martin St Louis, at the time he was playing with the flames, would lead the league in points someday, I would have told him to get off the crack, yet in 2003-2004 he beat out the Hossas, Thorntons, Iginlas, Lecavaliers...etc etc...so maybe we tend to short change the Camalleris as opposed to the Vaneks because theyre not as "sexy" of a pick, think about it ;)

KStewart113

Jun 21, 2005
no name said:
Who would you rather have on your team?

Cammy (Kings) scored 109 points last year in the AHL including 46 goals.

Vanek (Sabres) is 2 years younger scoring 68 points in the AHL including 42 goals.

Both will be dynamic players, Vanek will be better though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad