Mike Cammalerri or Thomas Vanek

Status
Not open for further replies.

shveik

Jul 6, 2002
Visit site
I would say that Cammalleri is just too undersized. He has everything else going for him otherwise. But the size issue makes me pick Vanek.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
shveik said:
I would say that Cammalleri is just too undersized. He has everything else going for him otherwise. But the size issue makes me pick Vanek.

Even if Cams had the size, Vanek is still more skilled than Cams.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Don't get me wrong Cammalleri is a great prospect, but some people around here, including a large majority of Kings fans seem to think that Cammy is the 2nd coming of Gretzky. Like they would rather have his love child then see him dealt. Sure he's a very good prospect but jesus, get off his nuts. Vanek is my choice.

DBrown23*

Reaper45 said:
Don't get me wrong Cammalleri is a great prospect, but some people around here, including a large majority of Kings fans seem to think that Cammy is the 2nd coming of Gretzky. Like they would rather have his love child then see him dealt. Sure he's a very good prospect but jesus, get off his nuts. Vanek is my choice.
as you can see i = kings fan... i am a biased mf... i still chose vanek... i just don't like cammy

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
Why is this even a question? No one would take Cammalleri over Vanek, not even the biggest Kings homer. Sorry Kings fans just dont regard their 2nd tier prospects in the same way another fans do *cough* Stajan *cough* damn I think Im coming down with something:sarcasm:

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Russian_fanatic said:
I guess me and you think differently.

Perhaps. I've seen both play many times, so I'm basing my opinion on what I've seen. I'm not saying that you aren't. However, if you look at this logically, how does a guy who is 5'8 end up as successful as Cammy has been to this point? Brute strength? Nope. Cammelleri is extremely skilled.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Vanek = new Frolov at HF.com :D He will be compared with everything and it will be a brawl when you will try to compare Vanek with Frolov, I think :sarcasm:

sensens

Jun 11, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Legionnaire said:
Perhaps. I've seen both play many times, so I'm basing my opinion on what I've seen. I'm not saying that you aren't. However, if you look at this logically, how does a guy who is 5'8 end up as successful as Cammy has been to this point? Brute strength? Nope. Cammelleri is extremely skilled.
At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is how well each player's skill translates to the NHL level. Cammalleri has a lot going for him in terms of speed and ability, but I'm not sure he'll be able to match what Vanek will likely be able produce at the NHL level. I realize that you never specifically said that he would, but if the skill doesn't translate into more points...

TWS

Jul 8, 2002
Visit site
Fan-of-#9 said:
VANEK

I compare Vanek's potential to that of Marian Hossa.

Yeah. The times I have seen him on video I did see a lot of Marian Hossa in him. I don't think there is a question in my mind that I would take Vanek over Cammy.

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
Vanek

Cams is more skilled. But Vanek has a better chance of producing in NHL. He's the safer pick by far. Cams is undersized but may be able to produce Ronning like #'s in new NHL.

philly flyers fan

Nov 15, 2004
I've always loved the size argument. Smaller players love hearing it too. It motivates them and it proves just how good they are as a player. Its great, nobody can find anything else wrong with a player, then they look and see he's 5'8" and 180 pounds and bam suddenly they have something. "He's too small to play in the league" It never fails either. Anytime there is a smaller player, they hear the same things and most of the time they do go on too succeed quite well. I mean what 109 points last season? That small stature didn't seem too bother him too much last year. Sure it was AHL but playing at that high a level in the AHL has too translate into some kind of NHL success. Cammy has always been the small guy on the ice, and he still manages too produce, I guess that size doesn't matter all that much when you know how too play the game and you have a skill set at or above the level of your competition. 133 games at the AHL level 168 points. What more does he have to do for people too realize he can play the game and stop pointing out that he's only 5'8"? Of course with all that said, I'd still rather have Vanek :) , but too dismiss a guy just because he is small in stature is unfair too that player and heck its been proven by several smaller players that there is a place in the NHL for them regardless of how small they are.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
both players are very talented.
probably going to be hard to compare them this season stats wise because Vanek is going to get top 2 line minutes this year, Cammalleri with all the FA's they have signed this offseason will probably be on the 3rd or 4th line.

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
Size is not an issue for me as I'd take Cammalleri over Brendl so let's moot that point.

Secondly, I'd take a player who is highly skilled, has proven himself at all levels, and has his head screwed on straight over a player with lots of skill but has his head in the clouds.

So Cammalleri over Vanek for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->