Mike Cammalerri or Thomas Vanek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fan-of-#9

Dec 27, 2003
Southern Ontario
Visit site
I_Am_Canadian said:
Size is not an issue for me as I'd take Cammalleri over Brendl so let's moot that point.

Secondly, I'd take a player who is highly skilled, has proven himself at all levels, and has his head screwed on straight over a player with lots of skill but has his head in the clouds.

So Cammalleri over Vanek for me.

Who's head is in the clouds?

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
I_Am_Canadian said:
Size is not an issue for me as I'd take Cammalleri over Brendl so let's moot that point.

Secondly, I'd take a player who is highly skilled, has proven himself at all levels.

First, Vanek is not Brendl. Brendl maybe should have been as productive as Vanek, but he has not been. Vanek is far from a perimeter player; he'll carry a defender on his back for 15 feet as he crashes the net, dekes the goalie, and pops it in.

Second, Vanek has proven himself at all levels that he's played at. He ripped up the NCAA as a rookie, and he did even more so, in my opinion, as a rookie in the A last year. This really should not be anywhere close to a difficult decision.

TVanek26*

I_Am_Canadian said:

Secondly, I'd take a player who is highly skilled, has proven himself at all levels, and has his head screwed on straight over a player with lots of skill but has his head in the clouds.

When has Vanek's head been in the clouds?All of his coaches loved him,especially his college coach,Don Lucia.

And Vanek has performed at every level too,you know leading his team to a national championship as a Freshmen and scoring 42 goals in the AHL as a rookie.And how is Vanek not skilled,or Cammalleri more skilled?This guy goes in corners,has some nice moves and a nice shot.How is he not skilled enough?

Sammy*

Fan-of-#9 said:
VANEK

I compare Vanek's potential to that of Marian Hossa.
Maybe but I really doubt it.
Hossa transformed himself (or his rep anyways) from a strictly offensive guy to a great, great 2 way forward who can grind with the best.
I dont see Vanek doing that, (or even close) but I see him as maybe acheiving Hossa's equal on O.

Fan-of-#9

Dec 27, 2003
Southern Ontario
Visit site
Sammy said:
Maybe but I really doubt it.
Hossa transformed himself (or his rep anyways) from a strictly offensive guy to a great, great 2 way forward who can grind with the best.
I dont see Vanek doing that, (or even close) but I see him as maybe acheiving Hossa's equal on O.

Hossa is not a great, great 2 way forward....I'm not sure who the heck you are talking about but it ain't Marian Hossa.

Either way I was referring to offensive production.

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
If anything, Camms is the one who's had some problems. He was demoted by Andy Murray for not playing the "team game". Count me as another Kings fan that would choose Vanek in a second.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
I_Am_Canadian said:

Head in the clouds? What the hell are you talking about?

Fan-of-#9

Dec 27, 2003
Southern Ontario
Visit site
sabrefan27 said:
Head in the clouds? What the hell are you talking about?

I think he realizes now, that not every player who wasn't born in Canada has their head in the clouds. He probably assumed that since Cammaleri is Canadian and Vanek is European, that Cammaleri is a rugged, hard-working Canadian kid, and Vanek the Euro is a head-case. He may have things mixed up here.

Buffalo Stylee

Apr 4, 2004
Buffalo/Niagara
I_Am_Canadian said:

So Vanek has his head in the clouds? Leading Minnesota in goals and points as a freshman and then finishing 2nd in the AHL in goals as a rookie?? I don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Buffalo Stylee

Apr 4, 2004
Buffalo/Niagara
Peter James Bond said:
The better comparison would be to compare Vanek to Dustin Brown.
Vanek over Cammalleri, but Brown over Vanek.

and I would take Dustin Brown.

Dustin Brown in action. His moves on goals at :43 , :53 and 1:02 are incredible.

http://prosportsmedia.com/monarchs/mm/video/clip/BrownSpotlight.wmv

It's too bad Gopherpucklive.com doesn't have it's Vanek video up anymore. It friggin' makes this video look like nothing.

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
I wasn't comparing Vanek to Brendl I was merely stating that basing a player success on size is flawed because larger guys also fail to show up.

Hatter

Microagression King
Jul 9, 2004
Northern Idaho
Reaper45 said:
Don't get me wrong Cammalleri is a great prospect, but some people around here, including a large majority of Kings fans seem to think that Cammy is the 2nd coming of Gretzky. Like they would rather have his love child then see him dealt. Sure he's a very good prospect but jesus, get off his nuts. Vanek is my choice.
Nah, Reap. You are wrong in that. I don't think that all of us think he is the second coming I think that what we see is a blue chip prospect who had a fantastic year in the AHL last season and did well enough the previous year while wth the kings to deserve a chance. We just don't want to see him get dealt before he has a chance to prove what he can do in the nhl this year. And we are sick and tired of every f***ing Kings trade senario involoving Cammy. No offense but I would hate to see him dealt for some #4 Dman and watch him have a 30 /30 season. Just my .02

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
As for Vanek looking to have his head in the clouds as mentioned by one poster, if this is based n him being a Euro you are dead wrong, Vanek moved to near Calgary when he was something like 14 and played minor hockey here in Canada. As a hockey player he is as Canadian as a Euro can get (if that makes sense)

Sammy*

Fan-of-#9 said:
I think he realizes now, that not every player who wasn't born in Canada has their head in the clouds. He probably assumed that since Cammaleri is Canadian and Vanek is European, that Cammaleri is a rugged, hard-working Canadian kid, and Vanek the Euro is a head-case. He may have things mixed up here.
Geez I hate it when people cut down some guy's opinion (w/o justification of course) cause of some perceived but unprovable bias against any player from another continent.

Sammy*

Fan-of-#9 said:
Hossa is not a great, great 2 way forward....I'm not sure who the heck you are talking about but it ain't Marian Hossa.

He sure is. try watching him.
(And I am not a Sen or Thrasher fan )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->