Mike Brown Appreciation (Not Traded)

Timos Death Stare

Seek and Destroy
Aug 9, 2008
CA
Yet to do that, the rookies have to be given a chance first. This is among the first years in recent memory where the Sharks have given rookies a legit chance at winning an NHL job. So it's nice to say that, but even when rookies have outplayed veterans in the past the rookies usually seem required to be at least twice as good, with twice as few mistakes, to even get consideration.

True - I'm extremely pleased that coaching finally gave these players a chance. Still, it is odd how some of our rookies get in the doghouse - Demers, Shep, even TK this season (though I wasn't sure if some of it was due to injuries). Typically we are a very vet-centric team.

PS - there I go gushing about Nieto and Hertl and they both come up clutch this game!

Timos Death Stare

Seek and Destroy
Aug 9, 2008
CA
Mike Brown has almost signle handidly gotten into Quicks head by getting in his face and bumping him every now and then, and honestly i believe thats alot of whats wrong with Quick is the bumps hes taken from Brown.

People here will still tear him apart cause his advanced stats arent good, but forget that his contributions dont show up in stats...

His "advanced stats" and "basic stats" are terrible. He had an amazing game 1 and 2. Game 3, not so much.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
One word:Injuries.

That is what's happening. That's when rookies get plugged in early regardless of where they're at in development. All coaches will give their vets every chance to make up for what they did until injuries **** things up, then rookies get their shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad