Mike Brown Appreciation (Not Traded)

fRESH88

Sep 26, 2011
I just wanna show some love to the new enforcer on the team. Been watching this guy night in and night out and his intensity level is always up to par. Last night he DROPPED Hendricks, whom I hope is ok after smacking his head on the ice, but regardless of the fights he's had this year, he always seems to throw his body around and finish off checks.

Mike Brown, this ones for you buddy. Keep it up.

heineken_can.jpg

Last edited:

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
DAMN it. You got my hopes up that he was traded because some forward(s) was/were coming up off the IR. :rant::rant::rant:

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
cant appreciate a guy while hes still on the roster? LOL come on now

It's sort of an unwritten rule that "appreciation" in the thread title means the player was traded and the thread is like a post perspective.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
It's sort of an unwritten rule that "appreciation" in the thread title means the player was traded and the thread is like a post perspective.

Which is why I added the "Player Discussion" tag. I didn't want to take out "appreciation" because then this would delve into a "Brown major sucks" topic. We have enough negativity in the GDTs so let's keep this as a positivity thread (don't expect to see many posts :naughty:)

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
To be fair though, why preclude a back and forth discussion about a player while he is still on the team? The initial post can set the tone but generally we save unmitigated praise for when a player is moving on.

That said perhaps we could say "Mike brown has been good" ... it's just the "a" word that basically means the player has moved on.

He totally needs to grow that thing back, has he scored since he shaved it?

OT: I have a buddy that looks exactly like him without the stache lol
EDIT: And his name is Mike!

Last edited:

Empty Net Goal

Dec 27, 2013
All Alone
I would rather see James Sheppard get in the lineup every night. We should see if the Flyers are interested in trading him for Vandevelde. Vandevelde/Desjardins/Sheppard would be an awesome 4th line.

JayP812

The Team of Tomorrow
Aug 16, 2010
Bay Area
It is kind of entertaining to watch him pound someone's face in, but he doesn't do a whole lot other than that.

BillR10

Nov 16, 2008
I was not happy with the trade at first but I got to admit he's starting to grow on me.

It is kind of entertaining to watch him pound someone's face in, but he doesn't do a whole lot other than that.

He's good on the forecheck. When he gets going he brings energy with hits while loosening the puck along the boards. He's a good 4th liner, nothing more.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I was not happy with the trade at first but I got to admit he's starting to grow on me.

He's good on the forecheck. When he gets going he brings energy with hits while loosening the puck along the boards. He's a good 4th liner, nothing more.

And that is what he is on the team for, he is not the all mighty saviour that is going to put up 200 points and lead this team to the promise land.

I swear some people (not you per say), on this board see trade and then get there hopes up that the sharks traded for a superstar player that will dominate every single night. Then when they find out it is just a 4th line player that won't even play every night, basically can't look passed the superstar part that they wanted and just rag on the player because he doesn't acore every night.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
And that is what he is on the team for, he is not the all mighty saviour that is going to put up 200 points and lead this team to the promise land.

I swear some people (not you per say), on this board see trade and then get there hopes up that the sharks traded for a superstar player that will dominate every single night. Then when they find out it is just a 4th line player that won't even play every night, basically can't look passed the superstar part that they wanted and just rag on the player because he doesn't acore every night.

Its because of the unrealistic expectations that fans have for depth/role players unless they like them like James Sheppard. Since Mike Brown is a "goon", he will be highly criticized for any mistake. Meanwhile Sheppard has a few decent shifts followed up by a bunch of nothing and its ok.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Its because of the unrealistic expectations that fans have for depth/role players unless they like them like James Sheppard. Since Mike Brown is a "goon", he will be highly criticized for any mistake. Meanwhile Sheppard has a few decent shifts followed up by a bunch of nothing and its ok.

I never had any expectations of Brown but he's not a good player. The only reason why people say he's good on the forecheck is that he hits people but his puck play is awful and his defensive play is awful. I'm glad he can hold his own in a fight but that kind of thing loses value as the season goes on.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I never had any expectations of Brown but he's not a good player. The only reason why people say he's good on the forecheck is that he hits people but his puck play is awful and his defensive play is awful. I'm glad he can hold his own in a fight but that kind of thing loses value as the season goes on.

He's a decent forechecker. He does a good job of getting to pucks and jarring them loose. He's a spare part but somehow managed to put up more points than John McCarthy in less games and less minutes.

19sharks19

Mar 16, 2006
T.O. to S.J. & back

Ditto.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
He's a decent forechecker. He does a good job of getting to pucks and jarring them loose. He's a spare part but somehow managed to put up more points than John McCarthy in less games and less minutes.

Jamie Baker could come out of retirement and put up more points than McCarthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad