Mike Babcock discussion part 3.

Will Babcock be fired if the Leafs/Pens game is a shutout loss?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Fire Babcock, trade Ceci, Barrie, Shore
Call up Keefe, and his boys from the farm

Johnsson - Matthews - Nylander
Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Micheyev - Kerfoot - Kapanen
Spezza - Goat - Moore

Rielly - Dermott
Muzzin - Holl
Sandin - Liljigren

if they make the playoffs, great. If not, get ready to go next season.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
Fire Babcock, trade Ceci, Barrie, Shore
Call up Keefe, and his boys from the farm

Johnsson - Matthews - Nylander
Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Micheyev - Kerfoot - Kapanen
Spezza - Goat - Moore

Rielly - Dermott
Muzzin - Holl
Sandin - Liljigren

if they make the playoffs, great. If not, get ready to go next season.

I like it

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
Real bad look for Babs playing guys like Shore, Petan, Timashov etc over Spezza. Spezza is playing well and has most times he has played. His treatment of Spezza is a bad look for the organization.

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
Real bad look for Babs playing guys like Shore, Petan, Timashov etc over Spezza. Spezza is playing well and has most times he has played. His treatment of Spezza is a bad look for the organization.

Petan has played 9 games. Spezza has played in 6 of those, with one of the 3 he didn’t being a back to back.

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
Petan has played 9 games. Spezza has played in 6 of those, with one of the 3 he didn’t being a back to back.

Exactly my point when I said Petan shouldn’t be dressing over Spezza. Petan gets called up and immediately got inserted in the lineup, while Spezza sat in the press box.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
For the knowledgable people out there, is there any way we can force Babcock into another position in management as to not ‘fire’ him and ‘retain his rights’? That way if someone wants him maybe we can recoup an asset and have the potential to not eat his remaining 20+M salary.

Good idea.

Wonder if that's legal.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Keenan, Crawford, Hartley, Carlyle, etc. Plenty of well respected Cup winning coaches have seen the game leave them behind. I don't really care what Babcock did 10 years ago. With this team, he clearly isn't getting the most he can out of the roster, and hasn't been for a solid year. On top of that, he's lost six straight 1st round playoff series, and at least in the last two there have been clear coaching errors.

If coaching doesn't fix things, that's when you start looking more at trades. In season, you'd really only be looking at moving a guy like Barrie, or maybe Kapanen or AJ. Offseason you might consider a blockbuster.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
I'm starting to believe he does hate certain players
Spezza make less money than the GOAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad