Value of: Mikael Granlund

llp

Jun 2, 2008
Well that's probably the biggest exaggeration I've ever heard...
what was better?

fedoruk - demitra - gaborik?

brunette - koivu - miettinen?

setoguchi - koivu - heatley?

none of these lines scored nearly as much. I would argue that our best ever line was zucker-staal-granlund and it wasn't close.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
What happened to this guy? Anyone know why he suddenly declined. He was slumping even before he got to NSH.

Reactions: Gains

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
No one really knows.

His claim to fame was always his hockey IQ, passing, and stickhandling. In his time in MN he improved his defensive game so it became a plus rather than a weakness. Usually those things don't leave you all of a sudden, especially in your 20's.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis
I think signing a one year contract with PIT would be just the thing for him, and the Pens. He can play either wing and C, in a pinch. Decent or better defensively, but what you hope is that he finds his offense playing with Crosby, Malkin, or Zucker.

I sure hope not. I have always liked the pens but the wild own both their 1s( unprotected) and 3rd round pick this coming draft year. We need them to lose as much as possible!

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
What happened to this guy? Anyone know why he suddenly declined. He was slumping even before he got to NSH.

What?...declined?....slumping????.ummm...huh?.

19-20 he had a really strong finish for the season,
- scored 11 of his 17 goals of the season in the Covid bubble

18-19 he was 0.80 ppg for Wild
17-18 he was 0.88 ppg for Wild
16-17 he was 0.85 ppg for Wild

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Preds had no idea how to utilize him, i have not seen worse utilizing of a player in a long time.
Their coaching staff had no idea what to do with Granlund.

Granlund is still at least 70+ point player in the NHL.
If used perfectly, he will have ppg seasons.

Reactions: Husqvarna

loudis

Dec 21, 2012
Finland
Granlund was top10 RW in points for almost 3 full seasons, while he played RW in Wild before The trade. Clutch player who's great defensively. Play him on 1 PP at right wall and 1 PK.

Buy low on a 5 year contract, after that he's 33.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Why play Kapanen with Granlund when he has proven chemistry with Zucker?

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Would be a cool winger for McDavid even tho the oilers need a right hand shooter but if they could clear money to do it I would take a chance

grapes55

Sep 14, 2017
theneckguard.wordpress.com
Was an issue in Nashville that he was playing on the left instead of on the right wing, like he did in Minnesota? Really hope he can find a good spot and revive his career a little bit, I've always had a bit of a soft spot for him.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
When he is playing well he can do either wing pretty well, though I think he is best on the off side. If he is trying to ink a long term deal right now I think he is making a mistake. I certainly wouldn't want to sign him for more than 4 @ 15, which is a fraction of what it was thought he was going to get just a couple of years ago where there was talk of 7/50M.

Reactions: biturbo19

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Would love him on the Flames.

Wouldn't mind another Finn on the team just to be with Juuso.
He doesn't need it, but I think there benefits would be there for a kid that'll be playing some big minutes by the end of the season.

Calgary added too much depth this summer regardless :laugh: I'd like to have this guy in our top 9 too, but man that top 12 is actually loaded up pretty nice. Lots of solid depth.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Wouldn't mind another Finn on the team just to be with Juuso.
He doesn't need it, but I think there benefits would be there for a kid that'll be playing some big minutes by the end of the season.

Calgary added too much depth this summer regardless :laugh: I'd like to have this guy in our top 9 too, but man that top 12 is actually loaded up pretty nice. Lots of solid depth.
We'd have to trade Ryan (might be hard) or Hanifin (probably not hard) for futures if the trade is out there to make it work, but it would be a good boost. He is a better version of Hudler.

Tkachuk-Lindholm-Mangiapane
Gaudreau-Monahan-Granlund
Bennett-Backlund-Dube
Lucic-Nordstrom-Simon
Sounds pretty good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad