Prospect Info: Mikael "FBJ" Granlund VI (Turning saucer passes into wine)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Granlund will play tonight at WHC QF game Finland vs Slovakia. Granlund will play on the 3rd line with the same linemates as the next game, with PP time. Personally, I think he should be playing as the 2C - he looked very good with Korpikoski (Phoenix Coyotes) and Sakari Salminen (KalPa Kuopio). There should be plenty of streams, for example here. Last game, he was selected as the best player and scored a nice goal.

The game starts at 10:30 AM CST.

Also, an interesting player to watch is Ilari Melart from Team Finland. A big and mean D-man who isn't useless with the puck. Has developed a lot last season - went from being an extra d-man in HIFK to making the WC team. There are rumours that he will be playing in NA next season.

From Slovakian team, I'd say 2013 draft eligible D Marko Dano (if he plays) and W Tomas Zaborsky are players to watch.

Last edited:

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
No points tonight. Great in the 1st period, invisible after that. OK gamefrom him.

SPMaximus

Apr 29, 2011
he was okay, pretty good first period but not much after that (the whole team was **** for the last 40 minutes), he is on the 3rd line, not sure how many minutes he gets (2nd PP unit)

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
The SF game is against either Canada (Stamkos, Giroux, Staal bros, etc) or Sweden (Sedins, Landeskog). Will be interesting see how he does.

I still want him on that second line.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
The game starts tomorrow 8 AM CST. It's vs Sweden.

Last edited:

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
The SF game is against either Canada (Stamkos, Giroux, Staal bros, etc) or Sweden (Sedins, Landeskog). Will be interesting see how he does.

I still want him on that second line.

I want him on that 2nd line as well. Now he plays with workhorses with hands of stone. Koskiranta was showing some flashes before Granlund joined the team, but has been good for nothing ever since. I don't know if taking Granlund along destroyed his fragile self-confidence or what, but MiG should center that second line.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I want him on that 2nd line as well. Now he plays with workhorses with hands of stone. Koskiranta was showing some flashes before Granlund joined the team, but has been good for nothing ever since. I don't know if taking Granlund along destroyed his fragile self-confidence or what, but MiG should center that second line.

Yep. I'd argue that 2nd PP unit (Korpikoski-Granlund-Salminen) has been better than the 1st PP unit (Pesonen-Kontiola-Aaltonen).

Maybe Jalonen thinks that making Koskiranta the 3C would make that 3rd line a liability, dunno.

Oan

Jan 31, 2011
In other words, disappointing performance, no progress.

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
He's been very good early in the games but then faded away (boy those passes against Slovakia in the first period...).

WildFinn*

You have the same analysis i have.:handclap:

Korpikoski-MG-Pihlström

That would be lethal IMO.

Now the mixing and shuffling is hurting the team, MG is giving passes that others cant finish.

He gave something like 5 passes that could have been a goal in the first period against Slovakia, the first goal was all Granlund.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Granlund will center the 2nd line. His linemates are Korpikoski from Phoenix Coyotes and Sakari Salminen from FEL.

WildFinn*

Granlund will center the 2nd line. His linemates are Korpikoski from Phoenix Coyotes and Sakari Salminen from FEL.

Salminen seems like a head case and soft but i will take Korpikoski.:handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad