Value of: Mika Zibanejad

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Not at all Zib is a great player...But with that great winger set ,why not have two number 1 lines

They already have 2 1st lines.
Kreider is 2nd in the division in goals, Buchnevich & Strome are point-per game, Zibanejad is looking like he's finally over COVID, and Panarin is Panarin. The only weakness in that Top 6 is Kakko, who's doing everything but getting points this season, and looks like a massively better player than last season.

Look at the quite frankly absurd overpays that delusional Sabres fans are demanding for Eichel. He's not worth it, and giving up a haul as well as taking on that cap would seriously damage the Rangers chances of contending in the near future.

Reactions: topshelf15

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Panarin's contract will end 3 years sooner than Zibanejad's would be extension he will be 29 at the start of the contract instead of 27 (essentially 28 though). Zibanejad's injury history compared to Panarin is more cause for concern on a 7 year extension, and hell he might even ask for 8.

His logic isn't "completely flawed", if we can get a top 6 c prospect and more assets in return its something we should consider. Remember how shrewd the Brassard for Zibanejad deal was.

Kreider only has 3 more years on his NMC clause though

When did Brassard score 40+ goals and pace for over a point a game?

They are not the same player. You do not trade a player like Zibanejad who is just entering his prime. That would be like the Avs trading MacKinnon right now.

IT. AINT. HAPPENING.

Reactions: McClelland

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
I don't want to get into a pissing match about your opinion vs. mine, but yours is...well, bad. Comparing Zibanejad to Panarin? Using Matthews' contract as a comp for a completely different player that will be 29 at the time of signing his extension? Advocating for trading Kakko or Laf and scraping the barrel for every excuse not to trade Zib?

I'm not saying Zibanejad is a bad player nor am I saying I wouldn't love to keep him. What I am saying is, given his age, track record, contract ask, and potential trade value, I think they're going shop him this summer at 50% and ask for a younger center in return. Coupled with that may be a push for someone like Eichel. If the price is too high, they look for a 2nd-tier 1C that can match up against other teams top lines and support their wingers. They have more than enough ammo to make almost any trade they want.

And how can you claim Zib fits their window, and then go on to say their window is the next 5-7 years? Signing Zibanejad to a long-term deal at 29 means you're lucky to get 2 more years of 1C play out of him. What do you do in years 3-7 when Zib is in his mid-30's, we're paying him top tier money, and the younger core players have to be extended? This revolving circle of overpaying players who are exiting their prime is likely the reason why the Rangers fell just short of their Cup aspirations last time. You either live and learn, or you don't...

Ah, you're one of those "he's over 29 so let's take him out back and shoot him" types. That explains it.

So you'd rather trade Zibanejad for more futures so that you don't have to pay him, let him light the league up for the next 5 years on a different team, and then replace him with what?

That's how you have a perpetual rebuild that never fully completes itself. A rebuild doesn't mean everyone on the team has to be 22. The Rangers know this, clearly you don't. They've already structured the team a certain way, which I 100% agree with. Kreider, Panarin, Trouba and Zibanejad (when he gets extended) are your veteran leadership group.

Your entire take on trading zibanejad is hot garbage, to be honest. Luckily you're not the Rangers GM and I will be here to remind you of this post when Zibanejad gets extended

MarkMessyay11

Jan 12, 2015
NJ
Ah, you're one of those "he's over 29 so let's take him out back and shoot him" types. That explains it.

So you'd rather trade Zibanejad for more futures so that you don't have to pay him, let him light the league up for the next 5 years on a different team, and then replace him with what?

That's how you have a perpetual rebuild that never fully completes itself. A rebuild doesn't mean everyone on the team has to be 22. The Rangers know this, clearly you don't. They've already structured the team a certain way, which I 100% agree with. Kreider, Panarin, Trouba and Zibanejad (when he gets extended) are your veteran leadership group.

Your entire take on trading zibanejad is hot garbage, to be honest. Luckily you're not the Rangers GM and I will be here to remind you of this post when Zibanejad gets extended
Ah, so you're one of those "hear what I want to hear" types. That explains it. I won't elaborate any further on my opinion, but it's pretty clear that isn't at all what I'm saying.

And the difference between you and me is I'll be happy to be proven wrong.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Ah, so you're one of those "hear what I want to hear" types. That explains it. I won't elaborate any further on my opinion, but it's pretty clear that isn't at all what I'm saying.

And the difference between you and me is I'll be happy to be proven wrong.

The point is moot. Zibanejad isn't going anywhere, plan on being very very happy

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Zibanejad has Montreal written all over him if he is moved.

What’s on the table
im assuming it starts with Sandin and 1st+++ the + can be anywhere in between Austin Mathews and Christopher Cranker/Redmond Savage

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad