Value of: Mika Zibanejad

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Maybe wait till he breaks out as right now nobody wants him. This is a painful slump for a player that was expected to be a top offensive player.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
If Zibanejad was actually available, Leafs would go all in for it, at 50% retain he would be very valuable for 2 playoff runs.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
This thread will devolve into personal attacks between people who think he is worth:

1. What a 26-year-old 5M player with 75 point in 57 game should be worth signed for two years.

and

2. What a 27 year-old player with 6 points in 17 games with a 5M contract is worth who is a year from FA.

From my experience, there is just no point trying to gauge value when you have such extremes you're trying to reconcile. It is super hard trying to peg his worth.

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
This thread will devolve into personal attacks between people who think he is worth:

1. What a 26-year-old 5M player with 75 point in 57 game should be worth signed for two years.

and

2. What a 27 year-old player with 6 points in 17 games with a 5M contract is worth who is a year from FA.

From my experience, there is just no point trying to gauge value when you have such extremes you're trying to reconcile. It is super hard trying to peg his worth.
If you’re trying to hash out a long term deal, yes. If his underwhelming play continues, he’s probably looking at a one or two year deal to prove himself before he cashes in. The bridge deal is probably a million or so above his salary now.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
If you’re trying to hash out a long term deal, yes. If his underwhelming play continues, he’s probably looking at a one or two year deal to prove himself before he cashes in. The bridge deal is probably a million or so above his salary now.
I'm not talking about contract (thought that will another discussion).

I'm talking about trade value on these boards. Is he worth a late 1st and salary filler at the deadline? or is he worth Quinton Byfield?

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
He's not available. He's a young(ish) real good 2-way forward with a knack for scoring goals.

He's clearly suffering side-effects from COVID-19 and his confidence isn't the greatest ATM, he's getting robbed on a lot of great scoring chances.

Why would the Rangers move a RHS first line C when they desperately need another top 6 C?

They can't just ice rookies.

He is/was the favorite by fans to become the next captain of the team.

Then he gets injured and he gets COVID and all the sudden he's trash.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He's not available. He's a young(ish) real good 2-way forward with a knack for scoring goals.

He's clearly suffering side-effects from COVID-19 and his confidence isn't the greatest.

Why would the Rangers move a RHS first line C when they desperately need another top 6 C?

They can't just ice rookies.

He is/was the favorite by fans to become the next captain of the team.

Then he gets injured and he gets COVID and all the sudden he's trash.
He’s not trash, he just isn’t a lock to get extended because Rangers have a contract crunch. If Rangers can’t sign him, he is on the table. Just economics.

Reactions: Lindberg Cheese

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
He’s not trash, he just isn’t a lock to get extended because Rangers have a contract crunch. If Rangers can’t sign him, he is on the table. Just economics.
He's gonna get re-signed, guaranteed. Moving him would set the team back a few years. We need another top 6 C! Dealing him would be a huge mistake.

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
I'm not talking about contract (thought that will another discussion).

I'm talking about trade value on these boards. Is he worth a late 1st and salary filler at the deadline? or is he worth Quinton Byfield?
I completely misinterpreted what you said. The latter is definitely closer.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I get some players and teams have not been effected by the overall Pandemic season or directly by Covid. Great. Happy for you. But other players and teams have been. Whatever happens this season I put a giant question mark or asterisk next to it, whether it’s a good or bad results for individual players or overall teams.

Again, to the teams and players having tremendous success, awesome, I’m glad, because I would also feel great if my team was on that side.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Zibby has always been hot and cold.

He's not as good as he showed last year, but not nearly as bad as he's showing this year. He'll put it together again, guy has loads of skill.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Zibanejad has Montreal written all over him if he is moved.

What’s on the table
2 years of zbad at 50%. I think if the doctors take a look and think everything Is ok, and he has a desire to play here. I personally would offer up, Sandin+Amirov+. 2/4 of our top prospects and then some. It depends his value might have dropped a bit. But his production for 3 years now has been good.

Thronton-Matthews-Marner
Tavares-Zibanejad-Nylander
Hyman-kerfoot-Mikheyev
Would be our best chance at a cup run in a long time.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Bruins offer Jake DeBrusk and would love to throw in John Moore to even out salaries a bit
I have been a big supporter of DeBrusk and being a young guy I would hate to see the Bruins give up on this kid . I have always thought although not a physical player but a talented player with great wheels and that is one of things that bothers Cassidy is he does not always use them, he needs to keep moving his feet to be effective because when he doesn't it negates his other skills . I always noticed him to be out there having fun and a smile on his face ,I do not see that now and I am just wondering if he could be hurt, frustrated with his play and pressing to much. When you lose your confidence it can really can take its toll . Maybe a change would be good for him , I just wish for it not too come to that.......I as a bruins fan would love to Zibby in Boston , I have always enjoyed watching him very talented and fun to watch . would they just take John Moore for him ? Said with tongue in cheek......lol just a little humor

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
If Zibanejad was actually available, Leafs would go all in for it, at 50% retain he would be very valuable for 2 playoff runs.

Are you sure the Leafs would be all in on a player like Zibanejad? If there are major question marks about his productivity right now there are probably less volatile center options they could go after.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Are you sure the Leafs would be all in on a player like Zibanejad? If there are major question marks about his productivity right now there are probably less volatile center options they could go after.
Well assuming the reason isn't one of the above listed. I think it could chalked up to a few things I could be okay with. HIs production the last 3 years has been great. Another elite talent for sure.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Rangers don’t need futures. Picks and prospects won’t interest Gorton.

The Rangers need help at Center. Zbad won’t be moved unless Gorton can obtain a replacement 1C which is damn near impossible.

Zbad isn’t in a slump. He’s not halfassing it on the ice. He clearly hasn’t recovered from Covid and it shows.

DontLaughAtThat

Apr 12, 2017
The only possibility that results in Zibanejad getting moved is if the Rangers can package him together with picks/prospects for an upgrade at center (i.e. Jack Eichel)... but Buffalo won't trade Eichel and Zibanejad won't waive his NMC to go to Buffalo. Hopefully he bounces back next year, because it really doesn't look like he's going to this year. His next contract is going to be interesting.

Last edited:
Reactions: AirGut

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->