Player Discussion Mika Zibanejad

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Goals divided by Shots on goal. Move the decimal point over two spaces. Very simple

2 goals / 44 shots = 0.0454545, 4.6% = Mika

He needs to hit the net more. A lot more. He leads the team with 33 missed shots. Seems inaccurate too, should be more.

A missed shot only counts as such if it gets through and misses the net. It does not include blocked shots. The number you want is shot attempts.

Shot attempts = Shots on goal, missed shots and blocked shots

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
A missed shot only counts as such if it gets through and misses the net. It does not include blocked shots. The number you want is shot attempts.

Still think the 33 is low hahah.

He misses 2 or 3 a game on the PP one timer.

That in particular seems to be indicator of where his game is, or isnt. When his one timer is hitting the net, he's usually going good. I think he'll come around, but this slow start is a little concerning.

klingsor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Manhattan
Visit site

Thank you

Goals divided by Shots on goal. Move the decimal point over two spaces. Very simple

2 goals / 44 shots = 0.0454545, 4.6% = Mika

He needs to hit the net more. A lot more. He leads the team with 33 missed shots. Seems inaccurate too, should be more.
Thank you

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I know he still can't handle the puck or shoot it, but I thought this was one of his and his line's better games in part because the Stars' defense sucks. They'll get exposed in the playoffs.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
He played decently enough last night. Had Kreider scored when in alone we'd be more relieved.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I know he still can't handle the puck or shoot it, but I thought this was one of his and his line's better games in part because the Stars' defense sucks. They'll get exposed in the playoffs.
Game was wide open , Stars were not playing much d in the first, we had so many amazing chances and didn't convert, which killed us.

Zib still didn't do much aside from that pass to Krieder and he continues to make soft ass plays. So does Kreider. Please split them up for the love of god.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Ironically, I thought the 3rd period the other night might have been his best of the year. He actually made things happen. The chances weren't converted, but maybe it's a step in the right direction.

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
He played decently enough last night. Had Kreider scored when in alone we'd be more relieved.

I don't know what it is with this team and getting 1 on 1's with the goalie and/or real close slot shots. I can't remember anyone putting the puck in the net with a deke or decent hands. Not to say that we should score on all those chances, but we have shot into the goalie's crest, and even more so than that, have shot it wide. On breakaways.

As for Zib, he needs new linemates maybe. Someone that can match his speed, because Zibs is fast when he wants to be, especially when he settles down with his puck handling. Kreider and Wheeler aren't it for him.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011

2 goals / 1 child born x $8M/year + 69 concerts DJed over the summer = 0.0454545, 4.6% f***s given about hockey = Mika

I fixed the math for you

To be fair, I get it. Life becomes more important than work. I have a kid on the way and work is now priority 2. The difference though is my employer doesn't pay me $8M+ per year, so..

whatever his issue is, whether it's the kid, life, whatever. Nobody cares. That's the one negative about being a professional athlete. The brinks truck was backed up in your driveway and a little magic leprechaun kicked millions of dollars out the back. The organization sunk a metric f*** ton of cap allocation into you because you are an elite player and they NEED you to be an elite player. Perform.

He's been bad for far too long at even strength. Same for Kreider

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
That NMC has the potential to look really bad. There are some interesting scenarios if you could trade him but he’s going to spike anything

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
What's different?

attacking the middle of the ice.

using his elite wrist shot.

btw the 'Zibs can't play in the bumper' is a complete fabrication and recency bias.... as is his 'mid-timer on the PP... He never relied on it

Last edited:

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
His current game is a little reminiscent of Panarin under gallant.

Puck watching. Not attacking the middle. Not shooting.

If we get old Zibs back, we win a cup imo

Good news is Panarin turned it around. No reason Mika can’t. It’s a mentality.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
What’s with the faces???? I guess it’s Zibanejad amping it up after his typical slow start to the season (and finally getting a bit of reversal of his terrible puck luck).

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Ironically, I thought the 3rd period the other night might have been his best of the year. He actually made things happen. The chances weren't converted, but maybe it's a step in the right direction.
Since I posted this, he has played 2 good games. That line was our best yesterday. Keep it going.

The Panarin line wasn't as effective. I wonder if teams are focusing on shutting them down. After scoring in the first 15 games, Panarin has gone pointless in 3 straight. Trocheck and Laf only have 1 point each over that same span.

The 4th line has been good lately. They were very good yesterday.

It would be nice to have both top lines going at the same time. When Chytil gets back, maybe we can get that line going too.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Since I posted this, he has played 2 good games. That line was our best yesterday. Keep it going.

The Panarin line wasn't as effective. I wonder if teams are focusing on shutting them down. After scoring in the first 15 games, Panarin has gone pointless in 3 straight. Trocheck and Laf only have 1 point each over that same span.

It would be nice to have both top lines going at the same time. When Chytil gets back, maybe we can get that line going too.
Yeah I also mentioned Zibanejad starting to look better 5x5 against Dallas. His scoring stats will normalize by Christmas.

Lafreniere and Trocheck were still pretty good but Panarin struggled a bit. He definitely is getting more attention from the opposition but I think his recent draught is just a case of bad luck with the puck - Panarin still had a few prime scoring chances these last couple of games.

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA

In fairness to the Panarin line, with all the penalties, much of the third period was Trocheck killing then Laviolette using mashed together ES lines at points to try to get everyone back with their regular linemates before another penalty disrupted everything again.

They created a fair amount in the first period but just didn't have a ton of shots to show for it. Trocheck got robbed, Panarin had a good setup and missed, and Lafreniere missed the net on his best chance.

Zibanejad has played better the last two games, still want to see him shoot more though. He passed up a grade A in the first, and absolutely should have hit the EN at the end of the game.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Mika isn’t here to take hits from the opponents. He’s here to make hits. On the turntables. Crash and bang? More like drop a banger. While enjoying being young and rich in NYC with relative anonymity due to no one giving a rats ass about hockey players. My man just wants to have his cake by the ocean and eat it too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad