Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
IMG_8607.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: EdJovanovski

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Mika always seems to start slow. I think he will be fine.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Mika and his wife had a baby on September 1st. Anyone remember how inconsistent Igor was the first half last year with a newborn? These guys are only human. We know what Mika is capable of and has done for this team over the years, Im not concerned about the slow start production wise. Especially when Godfather Kreider is scoring a goal a game.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Mika and his wife had a baby on September 1st. Anyone remember how inconsistent Igor was the first half last year with a newborn? These guys are only human. We know what Mika is capable of and has done for this team over the years, Im not concerned about the slow start production wise. Especially when Godfather Kreider is scoring a goal a game.

This feels different than Igor. Igor played better on the road, so the theory was he was able to focus while away from home. Zib has been terrible both on the road and at home. I don't know the splits. Maybe someone can look them up.

Reactions: Rangers in 7

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
This feels different than Igor. Igor played better on the road, so the theory was he was able to focus while away from home. Zib has been terrible both on the road and at home. I don't know the splits. Maybe someone can look them up.

Terrible is a stretch. He's been bad 5v5 and but hasnt gotten any puck luck for a volume shooter. Him and Kreider being elite on the PK & PP gives them slack 5v5 especially when their 2 RWs haven't gotten it going.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Terrible is a stretch. He's been bad 5v5 and but hasnt gotten any puck luck for a volume shooter. Him and Kreider being elite on the PK & PP gives them slack 5v5 especially when their 2 RWs haven't gotten it going.
He's not been good. Not even on the power play. When his one timer is not working, that's like 75% of his offensive threat gone.

Reactions: Rangers in 7

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Mika makes 9 mil a season. If you think he’s waking up in the middle of the night to take care of a newborn you are out of you mind.

Reactions: EEL

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Mika will be fine. When he gets hot he’s one of the best centers in the game. Unfortunately the cold streaks are really cold but we’re winning

Stone97Ace

Oct 30, 2023
Been thinking about this. Let me first say that the guy is my favorite player on the team. It's not the long fluid hair or the music I stopped listening to when I was 23, but the all around game he brings, the big seasons he had and the clutch goals he's scored.

That being said, the huge elephant in the room is that his shot from that PP spot is as predictable as Kocur26 having a herpes flare up during a big meeting. Teams are waiting for it and that may be a reason he's either missing the net or square into the goalie. This is not a new problem it dates back to last year especially the second half. This should have been addressed in the off-season but too late now. Sure, the PP looks great so far but Mika down in that corner swinging away is not the reason. Time to draw something new up in case Gustaffson gets smallpox.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad