upload_2021-3-21_10-57-30.png

Attachments

• upload_2021-3-21_10-57-22.png
    upload_2021-3-21_10-57-22.png
    432 KB · Views: 3

GoAwayGiannone

Feb 2, 2012
Queens, New York
Haven't really seen too many players in my life who have a "ok, we win now" flip they can switch in their heads, but he for sure has it. Aside from Hank, 2013 Matt Harvey and deGrom, he's an instant W when he turns it up.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

GbgRanger

Jul 11, 2009
Sweden / Philippines
After the second 6-point game in 9 days Mika is answering questions about Covid in an interview with Expressen (my translation):

You had a rough start of the season and struggled to score points, especially goals?
Correct. I got Covid as I travelled over from Sweden to New York in december for the training camp and only managed to do one practise on ice before the season premiere. That was far from an optimal start for me.

How sick were you?
I have choosen not to release any details but it was not the funniest experience I had. It was quite a struggle. It took quite a while to get going.

You managed to score at a great pace the last few weeks, are you back to normal now?
I have been pleased with my own performance since the last three and half weeks factoring all my game, not only the production. Sometimes it's easy to just look at the production, but I try to count everything I do and contribute with on the ice. From here on I just want to continue to work hard an focus on my game.

Full interview:
Upprepar rekordmatchen: ”Det känns overkligt”

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
After the second 6-point game in 9 days Mika is answering questions about Covid in an interview with Expressen (my translation):

You had a rough start of the season and struggled to score points, especially goals?
Correct. I got Covid as I travelled over from Sweden to New York in december for the training camp and only managed to do one practise on ice before the season premiere. That was far from an optimal start for me.

How sick were you?
I have choosen not to release any details but it was not the funniest experience I had. It was quite a struggle. It took quite a while to get going.

You managed to score at a great pace the last few weeks, are you back to normal now?
I have been pleased with my own performance since the last three and half weeks factoring all my game, not only the production. Sometimes it's easy to just look at the production, but I try to count everything I do and contribute with on the ice. From here on I just want to continue to work hard an focus on my game.

Full interview:
Upprepar rekordmatchen: ”Det känns overkligt”

So this is the most we've heard about his sickness anywhere. Seems like it hit him hard. Or hard enough to make a lasting impact. It really hits everyone differently and thankfully hes finally come out it. Hopefully there will be no other lasting effects down the road with the virus, for anyone who has had it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad