Player Discussion Mika Zibanejad

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
giphy.gif

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
I thought he looked really good in the previous game against the flyers too. I’m glad he finally looked comfortable out there.

When he’s rolling, he’s one of the best hockey players on the planet. A true game breaking talent.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
I know how good he looked last night, but Philly was barely trying. I’d like to see another multipoint game in the next 3 or 4. This game was huge for his confidence, but we play two against Warshington next, a very good team. I really hope they don’t completely shut him down.

dangsLITE

Jan 16, 2011
NYC
Philly sucked but 6 points in a single period including a natural hattrick is still something else and few can do it (how many times has that happened?). He was fantastic, hopefully this is a turning point for him.

BroadwayHustle

Feb 27, 2012
I know how good he looked last night, but Philly was barely trying. I’d like to see another multipoint game in the next 3 or 4. This game was huge for his confidence, but we play two against Warshington next, a very good team. I really hope they don’t completely shut him down.

I think the difference is that his skating has looked better recently and those goals last night don't go in previously.

SH goal slides off his stick, PP goal goes over the net

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Found some interesting stats while looking at Zibanejad today

Points in wins:
13 points in 12 games

Points in losses:
4 points in 16 games

I think it's pretty safe to say that when Mika is going the team is going.

The puck has been following him around for about 2 weeks and it's just been a matter of confidence. You could see he was double clutching or just slightly 'off' on his timing but it's so evident it was just a half second away. He would make a fantastic play, just miss and then the puck would just 'magically' follow him to the corner after a scramble. You can see it with the elite players like Panarin too when they are on. They are like puck magnets.

Reactions: DialUp

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Found some interesting stats while looking at Zibanejad today

Points in wins:
13 points in 12 games

Points in losses:
4 points in 16 games

I think it's pretty safe to say that when Mika is going the team is going.

The puck has been following him around for about 2 weeks and it's just been a matter of confidence. You could see he was double clutching or just slightly 'off' on his timing but it's so evident it was just a half second away. He would make a fantastic play, just miss and then the puck would just 'magically' follow him to the corner after a scramble. You can see it with the elite players like Panarin too when they are on. They are like puck magnets.
When he's playing well, he's the most important player on the team. Panarin is obviously vital to the team's success too, but Zib even more so when you consider the fact that he kills penalties and is a center.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
This dude looked like his old self, and when he is on, he is a BEAST. I think he is streaky as f*** and this is just what he needed. Let's see what happens next. I think he clicked last night. It was coming a few games back. I also think its the way we play as a system that hinders his creativity and speed.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
He was definitely suffering from lingering Covid effects, IMO. As a Browns fan, the 70% Zibanejad we saw for the first two months of the season is exactly what Garrett looked like for the 6 weeks he played after he came back from the virus. Fortunately, Mika had a lot more time to work with than Myles.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
The entire play that led to the goal is something he wouldn't have done a month ago. Feeling a lot better about his situation. I really hope he continues to build his confidence. He looks to be more fast and aggressive which is really good. Now he needs to start finishing more consistently on the shots you know he's able to put in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad