Mika Zibanejad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magix

Oct 10, 2010
Zibanejad has draft pedigree plus all the other good stuff that I don't feel like regurgitating.

Not sure whats the problem with expecting him to reach m.koivu/landeskog level, given what he has shown this season. Don't care what the numbers say, conacher/michalek/spezza were all **** before zibanejad played with them.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
I like Zibby a lot but I don't see a PPG centre. He projects to be Anze Kopitar with 10 less pts/season, which is pretty awesome.

Turris and Zibby are both going to be very good 2nd line centres.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Corsi and +- aren't even relevant to a discussion about which player is carrying a line...

So you think that someone who is performing better in pretty much every statistic over the span that they've played together is being carried by that player? They're both playing well and complement eachother well. Zibanejad isn't carrying Conacher though; Conacher is a very talented player.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
So you think that someone who is performing better in pretty much every statistic over the span that they've played together is being carried by that player? They're both playing well and complement eachother well. Zibanejad isn't carrying Conacher though; Conacher is a very talented player.

Zibbys the guy on that line. Conacher would probably (and unfairly) revert back to "why did we trade for this guy" status if they got split. Zibanejad on the other hand has been good wherever he plays for most the season.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
or as Tim Murray said last week on Buffalo radio, Corsi is for people that don't understand the game. :laugh:

There are people who use corsi as the be all end all stat, and drone on endlessly about possession numbers.

What he said has merit.

Corsi can be used to help paint a better picture of certain things, but on its own it means little.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
There are people who use corsi as the be all end all stat, and drone on endlessly about possession numbers.

What he said has merit.

Corsi can be used to help paint a better picture of certain things, but on its own it means little.

Same can be said for most stats, if you are only looking a one particulkar stat you are not going to see the complete picture. Zibanejad is an elite player but Conacher is helping Zibby as well it's not just Zibby that is perfoming. It's chemistry and I do think Conachers resurgence is getting over looked in all the Zibanejad worship. Conacher CAN NOT play with Spezza it just doesn't work, since he has been back with Zibby we are seeing the real player that Conacher is.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Same can be said for most stats, if you are only looking a one particulkar stat you are not going to see the complete picture. Zibanejad is an elite player but Conacher is helping Zibby as well it's not just Zibby that is perfoming. It's chemistry and I do think Conachers resurgence is getting over looked in all the Zibanejad worship. Conacher CAN NOT play with Spezza it just doesn't work, since he has been back with Zibby we are seeing the real player that Conacher is.

No argument here :)

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Zibbys the guy on that line. Conacher would probably (and unfairly) revert back to "why did we trade for this guy" status if they got split. Zibanejad on the other hand has been good wherever he plays for most the season.

I get what your saying but Conacher is more than capable of playing with other players. Conacher is a small guy that if he is used in a proper role will do real well. He was good on the Turris line early and now the Zibby line. He would "revert back to why did we trade for this guy" if he is not used in a role he can suceed in. To say his resurgence is all Zibanejad's doing is just wrong.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
He has looked like a less physical Mike Fisher, with better offensive instincts and east-west ability. That is an extremely good player.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
He has looked like a less physical Mike Fisher, with better offensive instincts and east-west ability. That is an extremely good player.

When he gets going and is on his game he reminds me a bit of Mats Sundin. Sky's the limit for him you can see how raw his game is, as opposed to Silf or landerskog who's games are nearly fully developed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad