Mika Zibanejad

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUCKLE UP

MVPTP
Nov 30, 2009
Ottawa
It's no big deal. It's what New Jersey is about to do with Larsson. We'll call him up after the roster lock.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
When we (Leafs) played you guys in the pre-season, he was a standout. Shocked he gets sent down

Whippet

Feb 6, 2013
Kassian over Mika doesn't make any sense.

I like Kass but i wouldn't put him ahead of Mika.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
Certainly ties into this:

SensProspects
Going to be some big news out of Ottawa today. Can't wait to see twitter reaction to the cuts. #Sens

Still WTF? This could shatter all his confidence.

Milan the God*

This is shocking. He had a very solid rookie season and looked pretty good this pre-season.

Midas0

Only the best Scouts
Dec 12, 2009
Peterborough, ON
I actually kind of like it. Make him keep working for it. He's young, this will teach him not to get complacent. Make him work HARD!

It's also a numbers game. Allows Pageau and Da Costa to play up in Ottawa.

Powdered Toast Man

Is he a ham?
Nov 22, 2005
Normally, I am inclined to defend Mr. Melnyk so I hate to be that guy but...this has his finger prints all over it. Zibanejad makes only 70k if he's in the minors but 925k if he's sitting in the press box. I imagine as soon as Da Costa blows it, he is right back up.

costermonger

sans classe
Nov 4, 2007
Kitchener, Ont
Isn't there a CBA or cap reason for doing this, and it happens to a few players every year at the end of camp?

I feel like the shock and poutrage is a familiar part of the preseason routine.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
This makes sense. This saves Eugene Melnyk at least $855,000 (does not include bonuses of up to $92,000) in salary.

:cry: I wish the above statement was :sarcasm:

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
This is just wrong, so wrong. Kid was one of our better players last year and he played good in pre-season too. He's our 6th overall pick our prize selection and they send him down, he's still young too so I hope they talk to him good as I expect them because they know what they are doing, but still, this is so wrong...

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Mika makes close to $2,000,000 and doesn't make that much in the minors.
Completely bogus. Melnyk sell the team already, we're preventing ourselves from using one of best young two-way forwards because of YOUR financial issues.

SO MAD.
:rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad