Mika Zibanejad

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Hmmm, how is it you cannot see Zibanejad's inherent abilities and what they can and will translate in to. Mikko Koivu took a while to develop into a top line center, even still his point production is not particularly amazing. Zibanejad is young and has plenty of time to progress. Another 10 years in fact. He is a more intelligent player than Mikko Koivu and more offensively gifted -- he will be better. I would say that he will eventually catch Landeskog on the developmental curve as well. When Ottawa drafted Zibanejad they projected a second line center with first line possibility -- these are NHL scouts, not HFboards.

Once Cujomi finds a player he doesn't like/or like, he sticks by it through hell and back check no further than his post history.

I admire the persistence but it leads to false info 50% of the time cause of bias.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I feel like most people have no scope of the league when discussing prospects, and often don't watch the players they compare them to at all. Mikko Koivu is an extremely intelligent two-way centre that has played at essentially a 70 point pace since 07-08. I really don't know what you see or are expecting from Zibanejad but if you really think he's going to be a better, more physical, goal-scoring version of Mikko Koivu you're certainly shooting for the stars.

Once Cujomi finds a player he doesn't like/or like, he sticks by it through hell and back check no further than his post history.

I admire the persistence but it leads to false info 50% of the time cause of bias.

Don't generally like to respond to posts like this, but you pull information out of your ass pretty much all of the time. I back up everything I say with statistics and quotes or admit when I'm wrong (which is more than I can say for you). I get that you're obsessed with me, but your act is pretty old. You get hyped up on people and make **** up about watching them all the time (you don't, because some of the things you say are so obviously made up) and then try to validate yourself by saying things like the bolded.

I think you need to look up what bias is. Saying Zibanejad is a good player already and a good prospect but isn't Landeskog is not bias. I mean, unless you think that 99% of hockey fans are biased against Zibanejad. But keep going I'm sure that your insight will be wonderful with the charts you don't understand and made up info again. ;)

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Don't generally like to respond to posts like this, but you pull information out of your ass pretty much all of the time. I back up everything I say with statistics and quotes or admit when I'm wrong (which is more than I can say for you). I get that you're obsessed with me, but your act is pretty old. You get hyped up on people and make **** up about watching them all the time (you don't, because some of the things you say are so obviously made up) and then try to validate yourself by saying things like the bolded.

I think you need to look up what bias is. Saying Zibanejad is a good player already and a good prospect but isn't Landeskog is not bias. I mean, unless you think that 99% of hockey fans are biased against Zibanejad. But keep going I'm sure that your insight will be wonderful with the charts you don't understand and made up info again. ;)

Next time I do, please call me out. Or tell me I'm wrong. I don't want to go around spreading false info. Shall I pull out the made up Lazar info? Nah, that's been beaten like a dead horse.

Again, Conacher and Michalek have been producing tenfolds with him than they have with Spezza. I'm not discrediting Spezza. Zibanejad's style of play makes them better. I unno how you can logically or statistically fight against it. You're only argument is "Michalek was playing well before he moved." Stats say otherwise. Regardless of that chart's sample size, it shows you how dominant Zibanejad has been at puck possession.

Here's a recent article showing the effectiveness of Zibanejad's presence that proves that graph was no fluke.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Travis-Yost/Ewing-Theory/134/56746

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Nah, it's more a case of rallying against anyone who threatens to get that coveted 1C position and unseat #19. Whether it was the Turris line carrying the team at the beginning of the season, or some posters now talking about Zibby taking over the 1C role, the common denominator is still how it affects #19s spot on the team.

But hey, there's nothing wrong with that. Everyone on this board has their favorite players and guys we give more leeway to over others. There were a ton of people rallying around giving Lehner the #1 spot earlier this year, and others rallying to back Karlsson when his defensive play has been bad, so it's not just one person. It's all of us. Just some of the fun in being a fan(atic). :)

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
You guys are hilarious. Turris is clearly our #1 C, but the fact that you look for so many excuses for someone not to be ridiculously in love with a player is telling. It can't just be that someone doesn't see the MONSTER upside of Zibanejad -- there has to be an ulterior motive.

Also people keep saying Zibanejad is the best player on the line and that he's carrying the line, yet since they've been together Conacher has more points, a better Corsi and is a +3 (to Zibanejad's E/+0).

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Not true. Mika was a definite late riser, and a big one at that, but the highest he ever got in mock drafts was about 9 or 10. We did reach a tad, and that was the general consensus at the time (though with our scouting staff I think they get a different definition of reach)

Mock draft? oh well then

The NHL Central Scouting Bureau had him as the NO 2 skater from Europe behind Larsson
the International Scouting Services had him as 6th overall ....oh sorry further review has wiki wrong and he was 7th overall
correction again, wiki says they rated him 6th tsn says they rated him 7th so who knows but im sure its one of them.

So yes it is true

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I feel like most people have no scope of the league when discussing prospects, and often don't watch the players they compare them to at all. Mikko Koivu is an extremely intelligent two-way centre that has played at essentially a 70 point pace since 07-08. I really don't know what you see or are expecting from Zibanejad but if you really think he's going to be a better, more physical, goal-scoring version of Mikko Koivu you're certainly shooting for the stars.

A better, more physical, goal scoring mikko koivu.....Were getting into elite territory here and some serious under rating of koivu. Im with you on this one I don't think Zibanejad gets to this level.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
So I just wanted to ask something as an outsider here...

If I say that Zibanejad will not become as good as Koivu (Captain, 1st line center, 0.75-0.85 PPG and excellent two-way player) or have as good potential as Landeskog (Captain, Calder winner and one of the most consistent and best players on COL), is that really a bad thing? Would that mean that I dislike that player?

That seems like odd logic to me.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa

If I say that Zibanejad will not become as good as Koivu (Captain, 1st line center, 0.75-0.85 PPG and excellent two-way player) or have as good potential as Landeskog (Captain, Calder winner and one of the most consistent and best players on COL), is that really a bad thing? Would that mean that I dislike that player?

That depends.

Are you saying his ceiling won't allow it? Or that he just won't get there?

Because I think there's a couple of different arguments going on around here, and it's an important distinction.

Like if I said I think his ceiling is higher than Koivu, but you say there's no way he'll be as good as Koivu- wtf am I supposed to make of that? It's apples and oranges.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

People can be very protective of their favourite prospects. On this board if you aren't praising Zibanejad or if you don't think that he's one of the best prospects/players in the NHL then you don't like him. There doesn't seem to be much of a middle ground.

I like him. I think he's good. I don't think he's elite nor will he be. That's ok because he's an effective player and will continue to be and every team needs guys like Zibanejad.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
People can be very protective of their favourite prospects. On this board if you aren't praising Zibanejad or if you don't think that he's one of the best prospects/players in the NHL then you don't like him. There doesn't seem to be much of a middle ground.

I like him. I think he's good. I don't think he's elite nor will he be. That's ok because he's an effective player and will continue to be and every team needs guys like Zibanejad.

Right, but how do you account for people feeling the need to make 57 posts in a thread telling others they're overrating a prospect, and need to temper their expectations? I get where you're coming from, but say your piece and move on, otherwise it's bordering on spam.

"Stop getting excited about this guy. He's never going to be that good. (by the way I really like him a lot)"

That's odd, no?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Right, but how do you account for people feeling the need to make 57 posts in a thread telling others they're overrating a prospect, and need to temper their expectations? I get where you're coming from, but say your piece and move on, otherwise it's bordering on spam.

"Stop getting excited about this guy. He's never going to be that good. (by the way I really like him a lot)"

That's odd, no?

It's a discussion board no? When I give my opinion on something and then it gets attacked pretty much anyone will try and defend their position (whether they are right or wrong). I like to discuss our prospects as well, and what other people think about him.

I mean I've never said 'don't get excited about Zibanejad' -- I just think some of the comparisons (Landeskog, better Koivu) are unrealistic. I still think he's going to be a good player and of course he's an exciting prospect.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Mika PPG average in his first 2 years as a 19 and 20 year old:

12-13: .476
13-14: .527

Mikko started his NHL career as a 22year old, his PPG average :

2005-06: 0.328
2006-07: 0.659
2007-08: 0.737
2008-09: 0.848
2009-10: 0.888
2010-11: 0.873
2011-12: 0.800
2012-13: 0.771
2013-14: 0.795

He never score more than 22 goals (best season in 09-10)

He probably should have had better stats earlier in his career if he didn't play for Jacques Lemaire. Also, Minn never had a great offense.

Last edited:

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa

Koivu is not elite.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
No point really in arguing with Cujomi right now. Just bookmark some of his posts and get back to them later.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
A better version of Koivu who scores more goals would be an elite player.

Yes. but that point is either falling on deaf ears, or zibanejad is expected to be a PPG player. (which if you were all around better than koivu you would be a PPG player.)

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I'm not sure why anyone gives a **** whether or not Koivu was elite, if for no other reason than the simple fact that Zibby is not Koivu. Zibby will, or will not, become a very good or elite player regardless of what Koivu did or did not accomplish. I mean, seriously folks, give it a rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad