Player Discussion Mika Zibanejad [Warning Post #3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Again i agree there are flaws w z. He disappears too often, doesn't maximize his talent, weak on D. Its fair to be concerned w him being our 1c. I agree he should be a 2 or a 1b. Why go so hyperbolic and use such a poor argument?

You type up this big pile of bullshit and you're asking what I'm talking about?

I like talking about a players strengths and weaknesses but the babies around here will just turn it into a shit show of personal attacks because your opinion or facts don't line up with their geek sheets and that's why you have this garbage forum wide.

I'll just weed through the BS and quote the only relevant blurb we can both agree on.

Wait..You watched Brass do nothing in the playoffs?
Hyperbole

Who gives a shit about their first season?

I love the way you dance around every one of my points and the fact that you dismiss certain players success and throw around time frames just to suit your narrow minded argument will never make it true.

Idk why I even answered the other post.
I'm done talking about this.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Not sure which part is my favorite; the one where he calls Brassard a “complete player” compared to Zibanejad or the one where he compares Mika to Miller who has 1 goal in 40 playoff games after destroying Mika about the playoffs.

Mika also has decent playoffs stats too. Extrapolated over 82 games, he’d produce 50 points which is good considering how much better the competition is and how much less space there is in the playoffs. But remember folks, it’s Mika’s fault the coach decided to play his worst players in the most crucial situations last year.

Oh.. his playoff stats?
You mean those huge 4 goals?

K :thumbu:

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
You type up this big pile of bull**** and you're asking what I'm talking about?

I like talking about a players strengths and weaknesses but the babies around here will just turn it into a **** show of personal attacks because your opinion or facts don't line up with their geek sheets and that's why you have this garbage forum wide.

I'll just weed through the BS and quote the only relevant blurb we can both agree on.

Wait..You watched Brass do nothing in the playoffs?
Hyperbole

Who gives a **** about their first season?

I love the way you dance around every one of my points and the fact that you dismiss certain players success and throw around time frames just to suit your narrow minded argument will never make it true.

Idk why I even answered the other post.
I'm done talking about this.

So anything that disagrees with you is bs? Performing completely valid and relevant side by side comparisons across entire careers is "throwing time frames around". Don't bother responding then.

Last edited:

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Oh.. his playoff stats?
You mean those huge 4 goals?

K :thumbu:

How many PO goals did Brass have in his first 6 years in the league?

Wouldn't goals per game and points per game be valuable to look at too?

Why do u keep ignoring everything inconvenient to your narrative and why do you keep using hyperbole and terrible analysis to drive your arguments? Zbad needs to improve on D and shouldn't be relied on to carry a team. It's not a hot take but you somehow turn it into one by arguing so dishonestly and being so full of it

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
So anything that disagrees with you is bs? Don't bother responding then.

You seem to enjoy doing exactly that instead of having a normal hockey convo so when someone does it back, it's hyperbole.
Good talk :thumbu:

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
You seem to enjoy doing exactly that instead of having a normal hockey convo so when someone does it back, it's hyperbole.
Good talk :thumbu:
In other words: I've provided completely valid arguments and you can't stand being wrong, have no way to counter them and are instead resorting to child like tactics like pretending the whole argument is invalid (The adult equivalent to putting your fingers in your eyes (LOL I meant ears but that's a hilarious typo) and saying "Lalala I can't hear you")

Reactions: Machinehead

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
How many PO goals did Brass have in his first 6 years in the league?

Wouldn't goals per game and points per game be valuable to look at too?

Why do u keep ignoring everything inconvenient to your narrative and why do you keep using hyperbole and terrible analysis to drive your arguments? Zbad needs to improve on D and shouldn't be relied on to carry a team. It's not a hot take but you somehow turn it into one by arguing so dishonestly and being so full of it

What does it matter and how is it relevant to Zbad's on ice performance?

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
What does it matter and how is it relevant to Zbad's on ice performance?
In other words "I know I compared him to other players to make a point that didn't make sense. But when you make a valid comparison, following my train of thought and show me why I was wrong, I'll pretend like idk why it's worth making a comparison in the first place"

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
In other words: I've provided completely valid arguments and you can't stand being wrong, have no way to counter them and are instead resorting to child like tactics like pretending the whole argument is invalid (The adult equivalent to putting your fingers in your eyes and saying "Lalala I can't hear you")

Hey
Have you read any of these ridiculous responses I get? Lol
I talk to people the way they talk to me.
Also, if I'm wrong about something I have zero problem admitting as much but in this case I'm not wrong but you're entitled to your opinion.
I'll never go out of my way to be rude over it unless someone starts talking to me that way.
People get their panties in a ruffle over fantasy stats..

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Zibanejad still does have areas to improve on. His defensive game for sure. He sometimes disappears in tight games imo. He really disappeared without Kreider. He seemed so much less engaged and energetic. Kreider seems so vital to his success. Thats not always a good thing. Kreider can survive without Zib, but Zib cannot survive without Kreider.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Haveandare
I fail to see how anything you posted is anything other than opinion as well.
Do I really need to post numbers from a website to confirm facts?
You can easily just look for yourself.

How can you compare what Stepan and Brassard or Kreider have accomplished in the playoffs to Zbad?
Step and Brass have been huge contributors to this teams success when it counted.
Stanley cup finals
Presidents trophy
Conference finals
Other than a small sample size of last season's playoffs where they didn't even make it past a garbage OTT team, what has Zbad ever done?

He's been in the league for 7 years and has a whopping 4 playoff goals to show for it so please don't tell me he even remotely compares to a Stepan or Brassard, who also happen to play complete games.

Hell..Even JT Miller has out produced Zbad so far this year by 8 points.

Zbad has exactly 23 5v5 points in 64 games this year and just because he's put together a small string of games together in the beginning of the season and then again now when there's nothing to play for is hardly a claim for #1 center.
Not even close..

Also..You're fooling yourself if you think JG didn't have every intention on completely going for it with the retool.
He's flat out admitted his plan was a complete failure..
I can't see for myself, nor can many others. Thats where the whole disagreement is. There are numbers in this very thread that suggest that Mika is a very positive contributor and lifts everyone on the team when he's put with them - numbers that don't have any preconceived opinions about what they describe.

You said Brass and Step willed the team into the playoffs - I took the to mean they willed an otherwise poor regular season team to make the playoffs. If you mean in the playoffs, then yes they accomplished a lot more for NYR but also played on our best playoff teams in many years. They contributed but didn't drag the team kicking and screaming through the POs.

Brass again doesn't play any more of a complete game than Mika imo. Stepan is better defensively and less creative and dangerous offensively. If you prefer that type of player, that's fine. I don't but you certainly can.

He's "put together" every game he wasn't coming back from a concussion for. You say he had two good streaks, I'd say he had one cold streak after returning from a brain injury.

I don't think anybody with any concept of how the current NHL is going honestly thought a lineup with center depth of Mika - Hayes - Desharnais was going to compete for the cup. A GM will likely avoid saying he built a crappy half-measure team because it was a necessary step for right now, but that's what happened. Center and D depth win these days. Desharnais has no place on a team trying to win, especially not as a consistent center.

Reactions: jas

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
tank-4.jpg

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
No..You're trying to force your responses as law all while completely dismissing mine.

That's what u did lol. It's literally here for you to read...literally with my first post I agreed with a lot of what you were saying. You even quoted it. Of course than you ignored everything else, going so far as to refuse to quote it and you openly labeled it bs. So you acknowledged only what agreed with you from the first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad