Player Discussion Mika Zibanejad [Warning Post #3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayMan82

Apr 5, 2006
South Carolina
Agree to disagree.
I'll take a 200 foot game over this any day of the week.

Have you even been watching Brass the last couple of years? I can remember a handful of plays even during his NYR tenure where he made some lazy plays, didn't back check and it led to goals. If you put Brass around this team, I guarantee you his numbers would look worse (not significantly, but still). Just come out and say you have a case of the @$$ with Zibanejad.

By the way, here's a great article about his season and the adversity he's dealt with. I'll take his right hand shot on our PP all day. We've been looking for that skillset a LONG time.

https://nypost.com/2018/03/22/mika-zibanejad-is-rewarding-26-million-worth-of-rangers-faith/

Last edited:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I hesitate to put posters on ignore afraid I might miss out on some epic meltdown :laugh:
Maybe the only good thing about the new HF platform is that if someone is on ignore, and you're reading through a thread, at the bottom of the page it says "Show Ignored Content." And you hit it and the ignored posts reappear. Also sometimes it just randomly shows you the post of an ignored user with the actual content hidden and asks if you want to view it. So, as far as I'm concerned, ignore away! :laugh:

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Maybe the only good thing about the new HF platform is that if someone is on ignore, and you're reading through a thread, at the bottom of the page it says "Show Ignored Content." And you hit it and the ignored posts reappear. Also sometimes it just randomly shows you the post of an ignored user with the actual content hidden and asks if you want to view it. So, as far as I'm concerned, ignore away! :laugh:

I didn't know that. Thanks :thumbu:

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
i don't now what conversation we're having but if it's about a "200 foot game" there are certainly a lot of 1st line centers in the league that aren't particularly good in their own end

JayMan82

Apr 5, 2006
South Carolina
i don't now what conversation we're having but if it's about a "200 foot game" there are certainly a lot of 1st line centers in the league that aren't particularly good in their own end

THIS, and another couple of things... Brass was NEVER a 1st Line Center, and Brass was NEVER a 200 ft player (to the point that I don't even think he killed penalties).

Reactions: haveandare

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
If there's really one big concern I have about Zibanejad is that he needs to stay healthy. Both seasons with the Rangers he has started off well and then gotten injured and then taken awhile to get back up to speed once he returned to the lineup. He needs a full season, he needs to stay healthy. I will say that you can't really be a #1 if you're always injured and spend 20 games out of the lineup or trying to recover

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
This is absolutely hilarious.
Speaking of board melt down..

How dare he critique my favorite player of all time, ON A HOCKEY BOARD!

Wahh

Defense! He wants defense!

Is he crazy?!! :laugh:

Did you think you were hurting my feelings with the ignore comments?

If you can’t handle someone that wants a team with players that can actually play a complete game then sue me and by all means, ignore away!
I won’t lose an ounce of sleep over it, promise ;)

PS..Maybe SOME of you wouldn’t get such salty responses from not only me but a few others as well, if you could actually learn how to respect other people’s opinions but with the maturity level of SOME that may be asking for a bit much.
It’s really kind of pathetic but too each his own.

I’m done talking about this..

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York

Wahh

If you can’t handle someone that wants a team with players that can actually play a complete game then sue me and by all means, ignore away!

PS..Maybe SOME of you wouldn’t get such salty responses from not only me but a few others as well, if you could actually learn how to respect other people’s opinions but with the maturity level of SOME that may be asking for a bit much.

Honest question with no snark or anything, what suggests that Brass was a good 200 ft player and Mika isn't aside from your own opinion and a handful of times you pointed out when Mika didn't make a great d play? Are there any underlying numbers or anything to support this?

It's pretty clear people don't think that defense isn't important, they disagree with you that Mika is inept defensively and that Brass was good or better in that regard.

If there's anything people "can't handle" its when someone forms an opinion, can't or doesn't back it up with much, and constantly expresses it in over the top fashion whenever it's the slightest bit relevant. That's pretty much the situation around the whole Stionk thing in the other thread too. Think whatever you want, but if you're going to insert it into everything over and over it'd probably be better received if you could back it up somehow.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I think we sometimes forget, because of injuries and a few other factors, just how skilled Zibanejad is.

The only question is whether he can stay healthy, which is unfortunate.

But there's simply no arguing the skill/size combination.

At the time of the trade, the thought was Brassard was the better player, but Zibanejad could be better in the long run (among other benefits). Frankly, that was being generous. Z was the better player pretty soon after and only health has prevented it from being more lopsided.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Honest question with no snark or anything, what suggests that Brass was a good 200 ft player and Mika isn't aside from your own opinion and a handful of times you pointed out when Mika didn't make a great d play? Are there any underlying numbers or anything to support this?
First, you have to understand his method of evaluating defense. If a goal was scored and a player he would like to rail against was on the ice, reason becomes optional and he will find a way to pin that goal on that player.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

Wahh

Respecting opinions is overrated.

When you continue to post absolute crap that literally everyone disagrees with, that doesn't deserve a respectful response or a mature discussion.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I am selling high on Mika. I would use him before Kreider for any draft deals.
:skeptic:

Both aren’t going anywhere unless there is a 5+ year rebuild plan that I don’t know about. I mean technically I guess anyone is available for the right price but the right price for those 2 will not be offered and they both should still be in their prime when we are ready to contend again...

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI

It's pretty clear people don't think that defense isn't important, they disagree with you that Mika is inept defensively and that Brass was good or better in that regard.

If there's anything people "can't handle" its when someone forms an opinion, can't or doesn't back it up with much, and constantly expresses it in over the top fashion whenever it's the slightest bit relevant. That's pretty much the situation around the whole Stionk thing in the other thread too. Think whatever you want, but if you're going to insert it into everything over and over it'd probably be better received if you could back it up somehow.

It really has nothing to do with Brass.

On that note, I highly doubt you will ever see #93 will this team into the playoffs the way Brass and Dstep did.

Aside from that, I think I’ve stated more than enough reasons why I dislike this situation.

My main problem is actually more with management then the actual player.

He should never have been in put the position in the first place.
It was destined to fail before it even started.
If you look at #93’s career as a whole, there is absolutely nothing to suggest that he should be this teams top line center.

The proof?
It’s on the ice.
This is easily one of the worst NYR teams to ever hit the Garden ice and that’s not debatable.
And before you even say it, every team deals with injuries.

This is a huge gamble for this team.
Do you really think having him as our #1 center while he’s one hit away from retirement is really a wise move?
It’s going to end up setting this team back years if it ever happens..

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
First, you have to understand his method of evaluating defense. If a goal was scored and a player he would like to rail against was on the ice, reason becomes optional and he will find a way to pin that goal on that player.

Especially when it's the same player over and over and over..

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Respecting opinions is overrated.

When you continue to post absolute crap that literally everyone disagrees with, that doesn't deserve a respectful response or a mature discussion.

That's rich coming from someone that's managed to piss off every poster he's ever come in contact with..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->