Player Discussion Mika Zibanejad [Warning Post #3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Please keep discussion of Mika confined within the sphere of the NHL. Political talk on here never ends well and is against site rules

The last one was closed for a reason. Don't do it again, please. :)

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
He's always been streaky and he's been pretty snake bitten lately, the pucks will start to go in again soon and all is well :)

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I'd say statistical wise yeah, play wise he has been more than fine. Still do the trade 10/10 days

I usually agree with many things you say but I disagree with that statement. I think Zibs has had major issues receiving passes, carrying the puck, and making passes. Stats aside I think he has played poorly for a majority of his season since around the end of October. I'm still hopeful but I'm starting to get concerned because way too many plays are dying on his stick. I hate to sound like a broken record but usually when they show him practicing its one timers. I really think he needs to do drills to soften his hands. He has the faceoffs, the skating and the shot but to be a top line effective center he has to be able to take passes, receive passes, and carry the puck much better.

Kovy274Hart

Jul 9, 2004
Shaolin
www.battleofny.com
Zibanejad has disappeared. He has 13 total shots in the last 12 games. None of which he's scored. Four assists in that span. And isn't a factor on the power play. He must perform better.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
i think he should start aiming just low pad on the power play one timers.. when he misses and it rattles around the boards and out it kills momentum. let him force big rebounds for NAsh Vesey and Kreider to clean up

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Let me tell you one other thing that has disappeared. Zibs is a pretty big guy. He played with some physicality in Ottawa. Where did that go? He is playing much softer in NY than he played in Ottawa.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
i think he should start aiming just low pad on the power play one timers.. when he misses and it rattles around the boards and out it kills momentum. let him force big rebounds for NAsh Vesey and Kreider to clean up

I have thought this for months. I do not know why you see it, and I see it but our coaches do not address it. He can't miss in that manner from those kind of angles. It would be different if he was shooting from the center of the ice. Then the puck would not wind around the boards.

Ragnarok14

Nov 25, 2011
Deutschland
Pretty disappointed in Z-Bad so far. Only reason it's not as glaring an issue, is because we are so deep on offense, that his poor play isn't killing the team.... I Want to like him, but it's getting harder and harder with every no show game:shakehead

D713B

Mar 9, 2008
Sounds like nobody in this thread has ever broken their ankle before. Give him some more time before criticizing his performance.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Sounds like nobody in this thread has ever broken their ankle before. Give him some more time before criticizing his performance.

The puck receiving/handling issues that really concern me were shown for weeks before he broke his ankle. They are correctable so I'm still hopeful.

D713B

Mar 9, 2008
How long does he get a free pass ?

Has he even been back on the ice 30 days? Wow, tough crowd. His bone doesn't even have its full density back.

I was practicing, lightly at four weeks and playing at six. Regained full mobility and most importantly confidence in the ankle about one year later. Cut the guy some slack.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Zibanejad looks to be a naturally "bigger" guy a la Rick Nash.

I think missing the 8 weeks or whatever it was set him back physically, more so than it might have other players. It's unfortunate and I don't see an easy solution. 6 weeks of no physical activity can really set an athlete's body back.

Ragnarok14

Nov 25, 2011
Deutschland
Has he even been back on the ice 30 days? Wow, tough crowd. His bone doesn't even have its full density back.

I was practicing, lightly at four weeks and playing at six. Regained full mobility and most importantly confidence in the ankle about one year later. Cut the guy some slack.

Well, let's hope he isn't a ghost in the playoffs. Thanks for the insight. Seems everything he does is off at this time, so I'm hoping he turns it around soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad