Player Discussion Mika Zibanejad: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
He looks so much more confident this year, it’s great to see. Always has his head on a swivel with the puck, making quick decisions, challenging defenders.

Too many guys on this team it feels like they’re just trying to push the play forward without making a mistake. Some guys like that are fine but you need really proactive skill players.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Today, Brooks had a write up on Zibanejad winning the MacDonald in which he called him "the leading candidate to be named captain."

I hate Larry's opinions, as you all know, but when he throws out things like that, you pay attention.

Reactions: Kallio

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Today, Brooks had a write up on Zibanejad winning the MacDonald in which he called him "the leading candidate to be named captain."

I hate Larry's opinions, as you all know, but when he throws out things like that, you pay attention.
I would be careful here. Not sure that his personality fits. We have seen plenty of players who were excellent, but not excellent captains. And that weighed down performance. Honestly, Kreider (providing he is not traded) I think fits the bill better.

But to be honest, I have a feeling that Quinn will go next year without anyone wearing the C again.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I would be careful here. Not sure that his personality fits. We have seen plenty of players who were excellent, but not excellent captains. And that weighed down performance. Honestly, Kreider (providing he is not traded) I think fits the bill better.

But to be honest, I have a feeling that Quinn will go next year without anyone wearing the C again.

I feel more comfortable with Zibanejad as captain than Kreider, but I also can't say that either leaps off the page for me and stirs up a strong belief that "this is the guy" to lead us.

Reactions: Kallio

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I’m hesitant to mess with a guy’s mentality by giving him the C after he took a huge step up this season, but Mika is clearly a leader if not the leader on the team. You can see him talking shop on the bench or just joking with guys and keeping them loose very often.

Kreider, as much as I love him as a player, is all but guaranteed to have the C mess with his head. He’s a little too thoughtful for his own good I think.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY

Would rather someone like Staal get the C. Kreider has lived too much in his own head before and we've seen how he plays when that happens. Captaincy would almost certainly ruin his game.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
We don't have much insight on leadership aside from gut feelings.

The fact that he got an A his second year and there's smoke of him being captain in his third year tells me the team sees something.

Reactions: Ori

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I’m hesitant to mess with a guy’s mentality by giving him the C after he took a huge step up this season, but Mika is clearly a leader if not the leader on the team. You can see him talking shop on the bench or just joking with guys and keeping them loose very often.

Kreider, as much as I love him as a player, is all but guaranteed to have the C mess with his head. He’s a little too thoughtful for his own good I think.
I agree.

Leave Kreider alone, he's neurotic enough.

Reactions: Siddi

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Not sure if this has been up in another thread or not. Thought some of you might find it interesting. English subs available.

Man, must be nice to be rich and live in Manhattan. That's a beautiful apartment. I wonder how much it costs. Also, I can see why Hank wouldn't waive his NTC. Who would want to move?

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
He’s an interesting kid really is. Seems well rounded. I think he’s really coming into his own and out of that awkward phase kind of. I think he’s going to be the Captain of this team and I think he’s a perfect fit. I think he gets better with responsibility.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
He’s an interesting kid really is. Seems well rounded. I think he’s really coming into his own and out of that awkward phase kind of. I think he’s going to be the Captain of this team and I think he’s a perfect fit. I think he gets better with responsibility.

He will hopefully also grow out of that awful Hublot. :laugh:

Reactions: Ori
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad