Player Discussion Mika Zibanejad: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I can`t see the line stop producing now so let`s enjoy it as long as we can, and I`m glad Zib was not hurt with that boarding call earlier when Chytil scored on the PP.

Reactions: will1066

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Going to be funny seeing fans reverse on him when he hits his next rough patch :laugh:

I hope he can sustain it though

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
He's been a fun player to watch. Don't know what happened but he seems to be playing more assertive and his confidence is through the roof. Gorton hit two home runs in the same at bat, first the trade, then the contract.

Reactions: Rongomania

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
The challenge is that he's raised the expectations.

Before it was glimpses and projections and theories. Now it's tangible.

Staying healthy is the big thing IMO. We saw glimpses of his last year as well but he got injured and it really affected his game when he came back, then he finally got comfortable and went on a tear.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Going to be funny seeing fans reverse on him when he hits his next rough patch :laugh:

Almost sounding like a fan from Ottawa. ;-)

The number of stupid trades done in Ottawa are endless, especially with Swedes involved.

Hopefully Lehner win the Vezina as well.

F**k Senators, you can't handle Swedish talents.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Please don't encourage him

I also need to know who are the fans that are going to turn on Zibanejad if he cools off. This is th crap that bothers me with the label ‘inconsistent’. All players go through streaks. Mika is going to slow down, and more than likely heat up again at some point. It’s the ability to minimize the valleys, not ‘be consistent’ which is what matters.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Pretty sure he isn’t allowed within 20 feet of this place.

1xdxip.jpg

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He'll slow down once Zucc is traded.

Maybe, maybe not, but Mika Zibanejad is all over the place, doing everything, with or without Zucc. We’ve seen this success with KZB, but Buch sometimes can have his head up his ass.

Would love to see Panarin on his wing, I will need to bring extra shorts with me to every game I go to.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Maybe, maybe not, but Mika Zibanejad is all over the place, doing everything, with or without Zucc. We’ve seen this success with KZB, but Buch sometimes can have his head up his ass.

Would love to see Panarin on his wing, I will need to bring extra shorts with me to every game I go to.

I think they frown on your throwing your shorts at the players from the stands.....

Reactions: Raphael87

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
It's not like Mika is a big surprise to anybody in Sweden but it's really fun to see him develop in New York.

He will never ever be forgotten for the winning goal in the 2012 WJC final, not until now he is starting to show his true star potential though.

Also, Mika is an important role model for young players in Sweden now when we have residents from all over the world, father from Iran, mother from Finland, growing up in Sweden and now a celebrated star in New York.

In addition he is a DJ, music producer and a successful real estate investor together with his half-brother and NHL agent – Monir Kalgoum, I believe Monir is involved in 15-16 different companies. Monir actually gave Mika a Ferrari as a birthday gift. ;-)

My point? Mika is used to winning.

Last edited:

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Zibanejad is blossoming into a great player before our eyes. The Brassard trade is the best move Gorton has made as GM, and it's not even particularly close. Without this guy's play, this team would be utterly unwatchable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad