Mika Zibanejad, Part II : "Zibby Ki-Yay" Die Hard Theme Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
wasn't a dream then?

He still reminds me (maybe too much) of mike fisher.. Fisher used to have games exactly like that where it would be like..whoa he can play... and then it would go back to addicted to dump ins and high shots.. we shall see

Last edited:

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
Never break up the Mac Turris Ryan line.

Never break up the Hoffman Zibby Ryan line.

Decisions decisions

Mac Turris Stone to me is just as good as Mac Turris Ryan.

Maybe Ryan on that line makes it marginally better but considering the Zbad/Ryan chemistry its worth it.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
wasn't a dream then?

He still reminds me (maybe too much) of mike fisher.. Fisher used to have games exactly like that where it would be like..whoa he can play... and then it would go back to addicted to dump ins and high shots.. we shall see

Agreed. There is no reason to think he will be anything more. Either way, he'll still be a good player for us.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
Agreed. There is no reason to think he will be anything more. Either way, he'll still be a good player for us.

I think the comparison between Zbad and Fisher is probably fair, and agreed that he would still be a good player if that's where he gets to, but I think his hands are significantly better.

Its amazing that Zibanejad is still only 21, it seems like he's been here forever. Hopefully this is the start of a breakout season

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
I think the comparison between Zbad and Fisher is probably fair, and agreed that he would still be a good player if that's where he gets to, but I think his hands are significantly better.

Its amazing that Zibanejad is still only 21, it seems like he's been here forever. Hopefully this is the start of a breakout season

Zibby's hands might be better, but Fisher had a better motor. Although, Zibanejad seems to play better with skilled players, something Fisher was never good at it.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
Zibby's hands might be better, but Fisher had a better motor. Although, Zibanejad seems to play better with skilled players, something Fisher was never good at it.

True on both counts.

The skilled player thing could be the biggest difference between the two.
That's what I remember being a bit bittersweet about Fisher - he was basically a guaranteed 50pt player and he didn't need anyone to pull that off. But on the flipside he always left you wanting more, but his game didn't really evolve.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I think and have thought all along that Zibanejad was going to produce like Fisher, but that goal he scored where Ryan threw it into his skates, he kicked it out, and scored 5-hole. Not sure Fisher could do that.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Ive never seen Fisher make some of these passes Zibby makes or be able to play the PP point. Zibby has better hands and playmaking.

Consistency is gonna be the biggest factor for Zibby.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
The only thing zib and fisher really have in common is they've spent time playing as a 2nd line center in Ottawa.

Otherwise, you're just being lazy.

The odd thin about the benching is all of a sudden zib came back faster. I wonder if anything was done with that time off in terms
Of conditioning.

Now we see all kinds of skill, decisiveness, etc. He's just 21...you're still generally supposed to trend upwards until 23-24. Bodes well.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
I think and have thought all along that Zibanejad was going to produce like Fisher, but that goal he scored where Ryan threw it into his skates, he kicked it out, and scored 5-hole. Not sure Fisher could do that.

Fisher can't do a lot of the things Zibanejads done since being benched.

Everytime zib connects a one timer he's doing something fisher can't do.
Fisher was the meat and potatoes of zibs game.

It's a mystery what the consistency issue is with zib, perhaps not a mystery to the org on the inside. But when the guy is good (and he's still quite young), he's clearly better than fisher, or atleast appears as though he clearly will be better.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
it's cool how fast the players react. Zibanejad was going to drive the center lane, but when Ryan cut in, Z jumped right on to the side to be able to receive a pass

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
wasn't a dream then?

Nah. He's not like Fisher.
Everyone needs to say hello to Midek Zibonkejad.

better motor than the original but there it is.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
Nah. He's not like Fisher.
Everyone needs to say hello to Midek Zibonkejad.

better motor than the original but there it is.

Radek Bonk?

I think that's a terrible comparison. Bonk was a slow, cerebral player who could protect the puck, make plays and was good in his own end.

Zibanejad is a flashy guy who is at his best when he plays like a power forward (ie. mini-Ovechkin).

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Radek Bonk?

I think that's a terrible comparison. Bonk was a slow, cerebral player who could protect the puck, make plays and was good in his own end.

Zibanejad is a flashy guy who is at his best when he plays like a power forward (ie. mini-Ovechkin).

hmmm....ok, maybe i just wanted to say Midek Zibonkejad.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
The first goal by Legwand, maybe he is learning that he doesn't have to raise his stick to the heavens in praise of Thor, rather he got it on the net and we get a goal. Come on Mika, just think a little more, and I know this is part of the learning process.

c_mak

Jan 15, 2004
Waterloo
The guy Zibby reminds me of most, big if, he reachers potential is Jeremy Roenick. Great skater physical more a scoring centre than set up man.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
wasn't a dream then?

Fisher never makes that drop pass to Karlsson...

That was the best game zibanejad has ever played in the NHL. I honestly think he is just finally in shape. He looked overweight to start the season. Its very encouraging to see the confidence and creativity with the puck and that Ryan actually has chemistry with someone else. Mike Hoffman seems to have been able to kick start whatever line he plays on. Boy was I wrong about him I'll eat some crow there, this hockey sense he is displaying now is great and its made his play infectious throughout the lineup.

Othello*

When Zibanajad is skating down the middle of the ice full speed he's playing his hockey. No more dump and chase!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad