TV: Mighty Ducks TV Series in the Works

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Depending on how it's done this could be decent. On an unrelated note, anyone read The Screech Owls series as a kid? Now that is a show they should try making.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Depending on how it's done this could be decent. On an unrelated note, anyone read The Screech Owls series as a kid? Now that is a show they should try making.

I used to loved the Screech Owls books.

That’s a series CBC should look at TBH

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I guess have them fast forward the show by 20 years. Most of the actors don't have much to do.

Have them all as adults with disappointing lives. They come back together for the funeral of Bombay, but the Hawks show up and trash the funeral and hook Bombay's casket up to the back of a pickup truck and drag it out to sea.

The Ducks look for revenge and arrange a hockey game against the Hawks, that's to be played in Alaska and televised on ESPN.

The Ducks try some zany things to get get the Hawks off of their game. The Hawks respond by murdering Averman and leaving his head in the Ducks dressing room.

The game starts and and a brawl breaks out and both teams are sent to their dressing room. Bombay's son err Wyatt shows up played by Kurt Russell's kid and he reminds them about playing Ducks hockey and challenges them to fly with him. They take to the ice and the first season cliffhanger ends with the Ducks forming the Flying V.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I guess have them fast forward the show by 20 years. Most of the actors don't have much to do.

Have them all as adults with disappointing lives. They come back together for the funeral of Bombay, but the Hawks show up and trash the funeral and hook Bombay's casket up to the back of a pickup truck and drag it out to sea.

The Ducks look for revenge and arrange a hockey game against the Hawks, that's to be played in Alaska and televised on ESPN.

The Ducks try some zany things to get get the Hawks off of their game. The Hawks respond by murdering Averman and leaving his head in the Ducks dressing room.

The game starts and and a brawl breaks out and both teams are sent to their dressing room. Bombay's son err Wyatt shows up played by Kurt Russell's kid and he reminds them about playing Ducks hockey and challenges them to fly with him. They take to the ice and the first season cliffhanger ends with the Ducks forming the Flying V.

Will there be a knuckle puck tho

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown

I take it back; I'd watch this.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
I liked the original, when I was a kid. Now that I'm older I can say that the show has not aged well.

It was like discount TMNT

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Uhhh. No? Please?

Also a quick glance at the article will tell you this is supposed to be based on the live action movies, not the cartoon. Which, yes. Was mediocre. I only liked it in the first place cause it was hockey and cause I was an Anaheim Mighty Ducks fan.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
The Mighty Ducks are some of the corniest dumb movies ever. And I love the ever loving shit out of them. Hope this is good. I'm guessing they will likely try to tap Joshua Jackson and Kenan Thompson for cameos at some point (only two actors that went on to have notable careers I think).

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Despite Brill’s involvement, none of the films’ stars — including names like Estevez, Joshua Jackson and Marguerite Moreau — are attached to the series, which is reportedly still in the earliest stages of development and is not yet attached to a network.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Hollywood really needs to chill with the reboots and remakes. The industry is about 2-3 years (in time for the new decade) from completely bottoming out and hopefully having some fresh content.

That being said, I doubt Estevez has anything to do with this ultimately as the article said, and if Conway isn't going to coach them, then their best bet is to get Elden Henson in some way as he has some fame from Daredevil.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad