TV: Mighty Ducks TV Series in the Works

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
It's also a fun exercise to come up with fan fiction for why Terry Hall, Dave Karp, Peter Mark, and the Duncans didn't come back for D2.

Terry Hall: Messy divorce, his brother stayed in Minnesota, but Terry moved elsewhere.
Dave Karp: Blocked that shot with his helmet, was never the same again.
Peter Mark: Pulled the poop dollar prank on the wrong person, got stabbed.
Tammy Duncan: Severe figure skating injury after her brother botched a doubles routine.
Tommy Duncan: Severe injury in a car accident to take his sister to the hospital.
Peter Mark definitely seemed like someone who'd end up being in and out of correctional facilities in his life.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
What was it supposed to be? I hated #3 though.

From the interview posted above:

I wanted to go back to the Goodwill Games and I wanted the Ducks to go back up the rankings, but it was going to be done in Europe. It was going to be one of these stories where it was a grudge match between the Ducks and Iceland and they make it all the way up to the semi-finals. And before that game, something goes on in a restaurant where three or four of the teams are eating. And we were going to use — and please forgive me, Bulgaria — we were going to use the Bulgarian team that would say something off-color to Goldberg, and could be anti-Semitic possibly — making fun of a guy named Goldberg — and fun of a guy like who’s a little bigger than the average guy on the ice. Then a fight would ensue and in that room was also the Icelandic team who hated the Ducks. And rather than having them sort of look and chuckle, they got involved, and they helped Goldberg. Then the Ducks lose to Iceland in the semi-finals.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
fwiw I dont think that plot would have played.
I know d3 did the worst commercially and critically, but as an adult I enjoy that one the most tbh...the scenes with Jackson and Estevez showcase the true talent in the series. It's the most realistic story too imo.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I think that they should absolutely do a 4th movie. They can use a bunch of Vaseline to make the players look younger and they don't need to bring them all back.

You can open the show with a whistle quacking as Charlie, Reed, Germaine and Banks try to get the ducks back together you know "The quack attack is back baby" nobody shows, well except for a noticeably thinner and strung out Goldberg. Our 4 main hero's decide to go on with their lives. Charlie, Germaine and Reed have been picked up by the Hamilton Mustangs who are coached by bitter former NHL washout Dean Youngblood. Banks is signed by the rival Thunderbay Bombers who are coached by Carl Racki a former highly successful National Hockey League tough guy.

Charlie Germaine and Reed are put up at the house of 100 year old Ms McGill an out of control senile puck bunny with the sex drive of an 18 year old. She promptly takes all of their virginities.

In the first game against the Bombers, Adam Banks scores 4 goals and Coach Racki's son beats Reed almost to death and completely intimidates Charlie after he gets crushed trying the triple deke against a actual Canadian defenseman.

With Reed in a coma and Charlie blaming himself he quits and goes home. Dean Youngblood then shows up at his house and teaches him how to fight, he also ransacks the Conway liquor cabinet and films himself having sex with Charlies mom and posts it on the internet because Rob Lowe is kind of a jerk, errr I mean Youngblood.

Charlie returns just in time for game 7 of the finals against the Bombers. His former teamates including Goldberg and Averman who have no idea where they are blow duck calls. We see Reed in a wheelchair, and at the start of over time he moves one finger and Charlie see's it and is inspired.

Conway gets a break away but is hooked by Racki Junior and is awarded a penalty shot, in a touching moment Charlie gets some advice from Youngblood who gives him the Captain's C and tells him that he trusts him and he's sorry about doing his mom.

Charlie goes out and does a 360 degree flip quadruple deke and then scores to win the championship he then picks a fight with Racki Jr and gets beaten within an inch of his life because this film is made by M Night who needs a twist to save his career.

In the post credit scene we flash forward 20 years and Charlie and Reed are sitting in wheel chairs in comas. Oh and Connie moved to Hollywood to make bawdy teen comedies.

Reactions: TB12

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
fwiw I dont think that plot would have played.
I know d3 did the worst commercially and critically, but as an adult I enjoy that one the most tbh...the scenes with Jackson and Estevez showcase the true talent in the series. It's the most realistic story too imo.

Honestly I liked how they filmed the final game, they used a more basic camera style and cut out a lot of the silliness and made it a strangely intense game until the end where Goldberg scores the winning goal. That part of it just felt so out of place.

Reactions: zombie kopitar

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I think that they should absolutely do a 4th movie. They can use a bunch of Vaseline to make the players look younger and they don't need to bring them all back.

You can open the show with a whistle quacking as Charlie, Reed, Germaine and Banks try to get the ducks back together you know "The quack attack is back baby" nobody shows, well except for a noticeably thinner and strung out Goldberg. Our 4 main hero's decide to go on with their lives. Charlie, Germaine and Reed have been picked up by the Hamilton Mustangs who are coached by bitter former NHL washout Dean Youngblood. Banks is signed by the rival Thunderbay Bombers who are coached by Carl Racki a former highly successful National Hockey League tough guy.

Charlie Germaine and Reed are put up at the house of 100 year old Ms McGill an out of control senile puck bunny with the sex drive of an 18 year old. She promptly takes all of their virginities.

In the first game against the Bombers, Adam Banks scores 4 goals and Coach Racki's son beats Reed almost to death and completely intimidates Charlie after he gets crushed trying the triple deke against a actual Canadian defenseman.

With Reed in a coma and Charlie blaming himself he quits and goes home. Dean Youngblood then shows up at his house and teaches him how to fight, he also ransacks the Conway liquor cabinet and films himself having sex with Charlies mom and posts it on the internet because Rob Lowe is kind of a jerk, errr I mean Youngblood.

Charlie returns just in time for game 7 of the finals against the Bombers. His former teamates including Goldberg and Averman who have no idea where they are blow duck calls. We see Reed in a wheelchair, and at the start of over time he moves one finger and Charlie see's it and is inspired.

Conway gets a break away but is hooked by Racki Junior and is awarded a penalty shot, in a touching moment Charlie gets some advice from Youngblood who gives him the Captain's C and tells him that he trusts him and he's sorry about doing his mom.

Charlie goes out and does a 360 degree flip quadruple deke and then scores to win the championship he then picks a fight with Racki Jr and gets beaten within an inch of his life because this film is made by M Night who needs a twist to save his career.

In the post credit scene we flash forward 20 years and Charlie and Reed are sitting in wheel chairs in comas. Oh and Connie moved to Hollywood to make bawdy teen comedies.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
With this in mind, The Mighty Ducks is seemingly never off the TV here, and in watching it today I decided to keep a close eye on the players to see their positions. I took note of the roster, every game the team played and every line that was on the ice, where possible. In some cases shots went too quickly to properly see, or they weren't accurate (I definitely saw Germaine passing the puck to someone while the announcer said Averman during the championship game), but for the most part, they're accurate.

This is some good shit. Thoroughly enjoyed the effort and results.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009

I mean, it's not The Biker Mice from Mars and Xander from Buffy quality, nor is it on the tier of Arnold goes to college and gets taught by Ms Frizzle either, but it's decent.

5/10 E-Fan fic/shit post

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
Should have a movie where Banks is in the AHL along with Reed and Conway and they're minor league players trying to just play 1 game in the NHL.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

I legitimately chuckled during the last part of the introductions:

"Russ Tyler's....." -- announcer
"That's not Kenan Thompson." -- me
"....brother."

Took a couple moments for it to register for me. First thought was that it was one of the Hall brothers, but then it hit me it was the older brother from the playground scene.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009

I legitimately chuckled during the last part of the introductions:

"Russ Tyler's....." -- announcer
"That's not Kenan Thompson." -- me
"....brother."

Took a couple moments for it to register for me. First thought was that it was one of the Hall brothers, but then it hit me it was the older brother from the playground scene.

When the fictional team to which your team was named after get's cheered more than your own.

I can understand why Weiss wasn't there, but where the f*** was Emelio Estevez and Joshua Jackson!

Last edited:
Reactions: Scandale du Jour

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
This is correct, because the boy that played him was the only one that played hockey in real life.

This was also proven in a post made on this post years ago which HF didn't care enough to preserve, but which I saw value in owing to its insight, passion and obvious intelligence of the person who posted it:

If there is one thing that my time on the internet has taught me, it is that hockey fans are anal. Whether it's people complaining about misspelling of player/team names, wanting their team to have even handedness of players in defence and attack, an attention to detail and constant need for everything in order seems to permeate every hockey fan's thinking at some point or another, even if it's just in little cases.

With this in mind, The Mighty Ducks is seemingly never off the TV here, and in watching it today I decided to keep a close eye on the players to see their positions. I took note of the roster, every game the team played and every line that was on the ice, where possible. In some cases shots went too quickly to properly see, or they weren't accurate (I definitely saw Germaine passing the puck to someone while the announcer said Averman during the championship game), but for the most part, they're accurate.

It should also be said that I've never played hockey and I'm not even entirely sure what age group pee wee is, or whether or not the level of position switching (spoiler!) is common. So, with all of this in mind, the roster:

#00 Guy Germaine (O)
#1 Terry Hall (O)
#2 Tommy Duncan
#5 Tammy Duncan
#9 Jesse Hall (O)
#11 Dave Karp (O)
#18 Connie Moreau (O)
#24 Peter Mark (O)
#33 Greg Goldberg (O)
#44 Fulton Reed
#96 Charlie Conway (O)
#99 Adam Banks

Those marked with (O) are original Ducks, from the days when they were D5. The first player added is Fulton Reed who is brought in for the third game of the movie. Tammy and Tommy Duncan are recruited before this game as well, but neither player makes an appearance in a game until the championship game. Adam Banks comes in for the last regular season game, where the Ducks win and seal their place in the playoffs.

Bombay's first game as coach against the Hawks sees the introduction of the team's best line overall, the Oreo Line. This has Terry and Jesse Hall at LW and RW, with Guy Germaine at C. Through the rest of the game the only other player to take a faceoff is Connie Moreau. Defence sees the biggest turnover of players, with Conway, Mark, Averman, Karp and Moreau taking shifts on the backend.

In the second game vs. the Jets, the one where they cheat, there are less shots. The Oreo Line again sees time, while Conway, Averman and Moreau are shown on defence.

In the third game vs. the Cardinals, which is Reed's first game and the first game as the Ducks, it's much the same again. The Oreo Line exists, and in the final seconds for Germaine's tying goal (from the faked Reed slapshot to make the other team hide), Reed actually lines up as the right wing in this case. On defence for this game are Moreau, Averman and Karp. Tommy Duncan is also seen on the ice briefly in this game, during the same shift as Karp and Averman - yet Tommy is in a defensive position, while Karp and Averman are definite defensemen - neither play forward at any time.

In the fourth game where the Ducks seal their playoff spot (there's no team name given here), Banks makes his debut. This splits up the Oreo Line, as he centres Jesse Hall and Germaine. On defence are Moreau and Conway. For the winning goal the Ducks pull the goalie putting Reed on as the extra attacker. On the play for this goal Jesse Hall, Averman, Mark, Moreau and Conway are out - the forwards in this case were presumably Conway - Moreau - J. Hall. Moreau switches position throughout the film while Hall is always a winger. Averman and Mark are both consistent defencemen, and while Conway played D only until this point, during the playoffs he begins playing LW, as we'll see shortly.

First game of the playoffs is against the Hornets, and there's not much shown. Banks plays C with J. Hall as his winger again - presumably with Guy Germaine as well. The only D pair shown is Moreau/Conway.

Second game of the playoffs is against the Cardinals again, and here we see Conway shift up to playing forward. He sees ice time on the LW with Banks at C and Germaine at RW - what happened to Jesse Hall, I don't know. Indeed, why Germaine got shifted to make room for Banks at C is beyond me, considering Germaine is the best face-off guy on the team. The only D shown in this game is Averman.

The championship game vs. the Hawks sees probably the most on ice action since the first game against the same team, and everyone sees ice time here bar Karp, who presumably faced a long lay-off after a puck hit him in the head. He did line up for the Ducks during the national anthem though, but he doesn't see any ice time. The lines seem a bit more fluid for this game. Conway/Banks/J. Hall becomes a line, with Germaine going to D with Averman as the top pairing (presumably). Germaine is shown at C again though, without Banks on the ice. Both Halls go back to the wings again - the Oreo Line is reunited, which I'll cover in a minute. On D, Averman, Mark, Reed, Moreau and Germaine are put out at various points. By this game it seems Conway's shift to LW is permanent.

The goals are scored by Banks, Reed, Tammy Duncan, Germaine and Conway.

- The Banks goal comes on a breakaway that's all him.

- The Reed slapshot is a point shot, him by this point now playing D instead of RW.
- The goal with both Duncans on the ice, I have no idea. One of them plays D, I'll presume it's Tommy since Tammy is the one who scores after doing spins while right next to the goal. Averman is also on the ice at this point, being the other defenceman.

- The Flying V goal is led by the Oreo Line. Moreau is on the back end with Averman

• Conway's breakaway that leads to a penalty shot is notable for having Moreau joining her boyfriend in being one of two players to play three positions. She plays LW on a line with Germaine and Conway, and feeds Conway for his breakaway.

So, the roster again with the assorted positions they play:

#00 Guy Germaine (C, RW, D)
#1 Terry Hall (RW)
#2 Tommy Duncan (D)
#4 Dave Averman (D)
#5 Tammy Duncan (F)
#9 Jesse Hall (LW)
#11 Dave Karp (D)
#18 Connie Moreau (C, D, LW)
#24 Peter Mark (D)
#33 Greg Goldberg (G)
#44 Fulton Reed (RW, D)
#96 Charlie Conway (D, LW)
#99 Adam Banks ©

Moreau and Germaine are the obvious utility players on the team. Reed plays two positions but he's more of a luxury than anything else with his shot. Conway makes the shift to forward once Daddy 2.0 comes along to believe in him. On the whole then we have:

3 centres (Banks, Germaine, Moreau)
3 left wingers (J. Hall, Conway, Moreau)
3 right wingers (T. Hall, Germaine, Reed)
8 defencemen ( Averman, Karp, Moreau, Mark, Reed, Tommy Duncan, Conway, Germaine)

(I listed them roughly in order of regularity/effectiveness- why Karp, Mark and Tommy Duncan play D when they're all about 4 feet tall is beyond me)

Three players, Tammy & Tommy Duncan and Reed, are essentially useless – none of them are able to do anything aside from individual displays of extraordinary skill that makes the other team look the other way while they score. The core of the team is the original Ducks plus Banks.

So, what does all this tell us? It tells us that Guy Germaine was the best player on the team. Moreau was the best all rounder. Banks was easily the most skilled player, driving the team into and through the playoffs and starting the comeback in the final. Conway is by no means the clutch guy he's thought of, and shouldn't have been made captain. Jesse Hall is essentially Jarome Iginla. Averman and Moreau is the most common D pairing, although Averman seems to get played a lot more than the other defencemen. Presumably because they're all midgets (and Mark is at fault for the Hawks 4th goal in the final, he tries skating out of his own zone with it which leads to a 3 on 0).

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Anyone see the new trailer?

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I am not exactly sure how you do a Mighty Ducks series without Bombay only way it would is getting Conway I guess?

I grew up on The Mighty Duck movies and was excited they would have Bombay as a main character, but watching the series I thought it felt like Estevez was collecting a paycheck.

Still won’t be the same without him, and JJ is about the only guy that could fill those shoes.

He couldn’t even find the time to make one appearance in the series, so probably not likely.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Emilio Estevez Addresses Mighty Ducks: Game Changers Departure Ahead of Season 2: 'I Am Not Anti-Vaxx'

explaining his situation

In a new statement to our sister site Deadline, the actor adamantly refuted that claim. “I am not anti-vaxx. Full stop,” he declared.

Estevez explained that he contracted COVID in March 2020 after filming the pilot, and in the fall of that year found out he had “Long Haul Syndrome.”
Estevez says he returned to filming in Vancouver in August 2020, and followed the country’s COVID protocols despite suffering from “Long Haul” symptoms. He also said he received assurances from producers that he would be safe, as well as warnings from his former reps that not returning to work would have serious legal consequences

Emilio Estevez Talks ‘Mighty Ducks: Game Changers’ Exit; Long-Haul Covid Reveal – Deadline

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad