(Might as well make this) D Pairings in Light of Trades?

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
YOU DO?!?!?!?! :amazed:
Brennan cleared waivers and he is 10 times better than Donovan. When everyone is healthy Donovan is going to BP. With all the stud D prospects I can't see him ever being a regular on this team. He's BRUTAL!

BroadwayJay*

Brennan cleared waivers and he is 10 times better than Donovan. When everyone is healthy Donovan is going to BP. With all the stud D prospects I can't see him ever being a regular on this team. He's BRUTAL!

I wish we knew what bigd thought about Matt Donovan.

:laugh:

BroadwayJay*

Will you ever admit that your analytics and your eyes failed you on this guy?:nod:

If evidence to the contrary is presented, of course.

That is all anyone needs to do.

However, analytics don't "fail". How could they?

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
we have 2 young stanley cup winning defenseman along with Visnovsky who is a veteran all star and we want Reinhart in the minors to learn from whom exactly??

the guy can play and I dont see how he does not make the team playing lesser minutes and learning from these guys. This isnt Nino with 2 AHL jobbers on the 4th line.

I want Pulock up here but with the log jam he would be my first call up.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
we have 2 young stanley cup winning defenseman along with Visnovsky who is a veteran all star and we want Reinhart in the minors to learn from whom exactly??

the guy can play and I dont see how he does not make the team playing lesser minutes and learning from these guys. This isnt Nino with 2 AHL jobbers on the 4th line.

I want Pulock up here but with the log jam he would be my first call up.
How about learning from the coaching staff in the minors. If we didn't just get two top 4 D-men then I would say he would make the team but when/if everyone is healthy I think it's best for him to go to BP. I think Pulock goes down also.

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
How about learning from the coaching staff in the minors. If we didn't just get two top 4 D-men then I would say he would make the team but when/if everyone is healthy I think it's best for him to go to BP. I think Pulock goes down also.

You have faith in our coaching staff?? :laugh::laugh:

Look, Id rather have Reinhart up here then Donovan or Church or Strait. I would like Pulock up here also but I get it, we dont want 2 rookies in the fold.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
You have faith in our coaching staff?? :laugh::laugh:

Look, Id rather have Reinhart up here then Donovan or Church or Strait. I would like Pulock up here also but I get it, we dont want 2 rookies in the fold.
Of course he would be so much better off learning from 2 new guys who don't even know the system yet or from a 38 year old offensive D-man with scrambled egg brains who will probably be on IR. Yes he needs to learn in BP and see top pairing minutes instead of in and out of the line up third pairing minutes up with the big club.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Lubo and Carkner just put on IR. Down to 25, 2 more players have to go. Will it be one D and 1 forward, or 2 forwards? Possibly 2 D now that Pulock is back?

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
IF everyone is healthy.... Visnovsky and Leddy should see the most time on the Powerplay.

Boychuk hasn't been used too much on the Powerplay in Boston but with that shot and him being Right handed, I could see them giving him chances there. (depending on how much ice time he is getting at even strength and PK (which I would presume to be a lot)

Vis on right, Leddy on left. Could be a significant attack strength for once with everyone in their natural position, no forwards pretending to be defensemen, both points HIGHLY mobile....

Vis is always moving unlike the rest of our PP points. Leddy... IDK, just lack of exposure on my part but at even strength he moves the puck well enough.

Wish we had Lee in front of the net though.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Lubo and Carkner just put on IR. Down to 25, 2 more players have to go. Will it be one D and 1 forward, or 2 forwards? Possibly 2 D now that Pulock is back?

I ****ing new it. Excuse me while I go throw pots and pans around the house, kick the furniture, etc.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
I ****ing new it. Excuse me while I go throw pots and pans around the house, kick the furniture, etc.

I wonder when they make it retroactive too. It could just be a roster move as opposed to how hurt Vis is, you know? I think IR lasts 7 days at minimum. So, this could take them through the first 1 or 2 games without having to waive a player.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
I think we will just park Carkner on IR with the old man injury for future use like we did Martinek. I just don't think they have much faith in Lubo being healthy all season so we could see Pulock sooner rather than later.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
I wonder when they make it retroactive too. It could just be a roster move as opposed to how hurt Vis is, you know? I think IR lasts 7 days at minimum. So, this could take them through the first 1 or 2 games without having to waive a player.
He's not even skating n his own yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad