Microsoft Xbox Discussion - It is my nature

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario

Will be hilarious if the next Elder Scrolls is Xbox exclusive.

I could see MS doing timed exclusives if they really want to. Bethesda has some major titles that if they did timed exclusive a lot of people would make the jump to game pass via PC or Xbox hardware.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The thing is, Microsoft has an absolutely ludicrous amount of capital to invest. They make bank off xbox as is but then you consider the other branches of their brand: azure, enterprise shit like office 365, one drive, surface tablets.

In theory they could buy up every massive gaming conglomerate (EA, activision, take two, etc) and still have essentially infinite money to wipe their asses with after said purchases. Obviously pesky things like said companies wanting to sell and anti-trust lawsuits being a thing thankfully makes it only a theory. They could make life very hard for Sony but I'm sure that's probably not their plan

Now the question I have: was this in response to bungie walking away from talks to have Microsoft allegedly buy themand this is there "Plan B" purchase or is that still going on in the dark?

Last edited:

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
The thing is, Microsoft has an absolutely ludicrous amount of capital to invest. They make bank off xbox as is but then you consider the other branches of their brand: azure, enterprise shit like office 365, one drive, surface tablets.

In theory they could buy up every massive gaming conglomerate (EA, activision, take two, etc) and still have essentially infinite money to wipe their asses with after said purchases. Obviously pesky things like said companies wanting to sell and anti-trust lawsuits being a thing thankfully makes it only a theory. They could make life very hard for Sony but I'm sure that's probably not their plan

Now the question I have: was this in response to bungie walking away from talks to have Microsoft allegedly buy themand this is there "Plan B" purchase or is that still going on in the dark?
The Bungie talks were all debunked. I bet talks like that happen every day with companies that we never find out about. I saw one insider say that Bungie is the one that approached Microsoft.

This Bethesda thing kinda came out of nowhere.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Looks like the Series X is selling out very fast all over the world where preorders are available. I'm guessing the hardcore fans want the best which is why it's selling out. The Series S though seems to be available in many countries still. I am assuming once Xbox goes live soon in North America both will sell fast.

Last edited:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I woke up before 8 a.m. my time and they are all already sold out.

Seriously? Bullshit

Edit: Finally got through and ordered one.

Last edited:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Got mine through Microsoft store after some tries. Wal Mart and Target said sold out when in my cart, and Best Buy didnt even open up...

Same.

Took awhile to get one.

Tried Amazon, but i never even found the button to preorder it.
Tried Walmart, already sold out.
Tried Target, didn't even add it to my cart.
Tried Best Buy, just said coming soon.

lol

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I tried repeatedly and the closest I got was a load to the checkout screen on Microsoft and the payment screen on Best Buy before the browser would crash on me on the next step.

Oh well, hopefully they do more preorder or backorder.

Reactions: GreytWun

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Well I got one at Walmart after trying with my wife to get one for myself and one for my brother who is in class on a few different sites. At that point the Sold Out signs starting coming in so I met 1/2 my goal.

Fast forward to like ten minutes after I stopped trying and she got a confirmation email from Target. I never even got to the final confirmation page so hopefully I’m not gonna get charged for the 500 times I tried lol.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
That wasn't any better than sony. Got one through luck more than anything else.

These are tech companies, right? Can't figure out a way to keep their own websites working for more than five minutes for a planned launch? Doesn't make any sense.

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
That wasn't any better than sony. Got one through luck more than anything else.

These are tech companies, right? Can't figure out a way to keep their own websites working for more than five minutes for a planned launch? Doesn't make any sense.

It’s the bots hammering the sites. It’s almost like launching a DDos attack you really can’t do much. Not to mention the legit people hammering the sites over and over.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Got my preorder.

I work in a mall where there's a Source right across from me. I walked over at 11 (with a few people in line) and asked the guy at the door if they take preorders. And he's like "yeah we do. Hey you work at the rogers store across from us dont you? I can get you setup now so you can get back to work."

In and out within 2 minutes lmao. Also helps we treat their employees well any time they come into our store. That and I work at a mall thats kinda forgotten about by the rest of the city

Reactions: GreytWun
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad