Microsoft Xbox Discussion - It is my nature

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
Anyone try out xcloud? Curious how it works. I have never had any issues with Geforce Now so I was curious how it competed. I dont have andriod devices (well I have a nvidia shield but there's talk it doesnt work for it unless you sideload it).

I wish but I have an iPhone. There is an issue between Apple and Microsoft right now that they can’t bring it to Apple just yet.

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Then they would have to sell at higher price, then people would complain about the price. You got to take shortcuts to bring the price down somehow.
I like what Sony has done. Sacrificed some TF but brought it when it comes to other things like the controller and SSD. Not to mention wifi 6 and usb c. Offering a true next gen console at a low price of $399.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I like what Sony has done. Sacrificed some TF but brought it when it comes to other things like the controller and SSD. Not to mention wifi 6 and usb c. Offering a true next gen console at a low price of $399.

Same price as Series X. You're supposed to compare the disc drive versions. They are the same price, as most people predicted.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Same price as Series X. You're supposed to compare the disc drive versions. They are the same price, as most people predicted.
Right. I'm saying I like what Sony chose to cut costs in. In this case a disc drive and some TF. You get the same exact specs on both consoles with Playstation. You don't with Xbox. Not saying both aren't great deals and offer a great product at a great price. There's a reason I'm getting the Series X. I want true next gen so thats what I have to get. With Sony I'm getting the $399 version because its the same specs just without a disc drive.

Reactions: Jussi

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario

As someone who isn’t purchasing either console anywhere near day 1 I prefer what Xbox has done. I don’t care about USB C nor is WiFi 5 horrible by any means. As long as your WiFi is setup properly you shouldn’t really have WiFi problems nowadays.

I would prefer the more powerful GPU.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
As someone who isn’t purchasing either console anywhere near day 1 I prefer what Xbox has done. I don’t care about USB C nor is WiFi 5 horrible by any means. As long as your WiFi is setup properly you shouldn’t really have WiFi problems nowadays.

I would prefer the more powerful GPU.
I won't be using wifi either but it will help others who are forced to do so. I'm not talking about setting up properly, thats a given. I'm talking about the pure speed advantage wifi 6 offers. Its reported to be around 250% faster than wifi 5. As time goes by, more and more people who use wifi, will be switching to wifi 6 which will make connections better. The more gpu power is insignificant to me as the difference is very minimal.

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
I won't be using wifi either but it will help others who are forced to do so. I'm not talking about setting up properly, thats a given. I'm talking about the pure speed advantage wifi 6 offers. Its reported to be around 250% faster than wifi 5. As time goes by, more and more people who use wifi, will be switching to wifi 6 which will make connections better. The more gpu power is insignificant to me as the difference is very minimal.

You can only get the speeds your ISP allows, unless you have a bad setup then there is nothing wrong with WiFi 5.

I have 500mb/s internet with my ISP. On ethernet or wireless I achieve the exact same speeds.

With Xbox having the more powerful console they have to take the shortcuts to bring the price down. They are already losing money on the console.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
You can only get the speeds your ISP allows, unless you have a bad setup then there is nothing wrong with WiFi 5.

I have 500mb/s internet with my ISP. On ethernet or wireless I achieve the exact same speeds.

With Xbox having the more powerful console they have to take the shortcuts to bring the price down. They are already losing money on the console.
You do? That doesn't make sense. The wifi on the ps4 is insanely slow. I literally have my ps4 a foot from my router and only get 30-50 Mbps over the wifi while I get 300 Mbps wired (this is in the built in speed test the ps4 has in the settings).

Maybe different versions of the ps4 had a higher quality wifi card?

Edit: I just realized this is the xbox thread lol,

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
You do? That doesn't make sense. The wifi on the ps4 is insanely slow. I literally have my ps4 a foot from my router and only get 30-50 Mbps over the wifi while I get 300 Mbps wired (this is in the built in speed test the ps4 has in the settings).

Maybe different versions of the ps4 had a higher quality wifi card?

Edit: I just realized this is the xbox thread lol,

I had an Xbox one X and have a mesh network setup (bridged modem). Every since going mesh my network is insanely stable and fast.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada

Normally I'd say this would be a bad thing, but they need a change.

And for players on Playstation or other platforms, I wouldn't get too worried yet. It's possible they'll still be releasing these games everywhere, look at Minecraft, it's on every system imaginable.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Normally I'd say this would be a bad thing, but they need a change.

And for players on Playstation or other platforms, I wouldn't get too worried yet. It's possible they'll still be releasing these games everywhere, look at Minecraft, it's on every system imaginable.

Will be hilarious if the next Elder Scrolls is Xbox exclusive.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Microsoft hasn't shown themselves to be as selfish as Sony in the gaming world the last few years. Sony has really tried to hurt Xbox with all their exclusivity/timed exclusivity deals, stuff that Xbox hasn't really done in quite a long time. I can't see a world where the next Elder Scrolls isn't on PS5, no worries there.

The benefit to Xbox fans here is having Bethesda's huge titles added to Gamepass. Meanwhile, Microsoft just dropped their dick on the table and told Sony to cool their jets with the exclusivity bullshit.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Microsoft hasn't shown themselves to be as selfish as Sony in the gaming world the last few years. Sony has really tried to hurt Xbox with all their exclusivity/timed exclusivity deals, stuff that Xbox hasn't really done in quite a long time. I can't see a world where the next Elder Scrolls isn't on PS5, no worries there.

The benefit to Xbox fans here is having Bethesda's huge titles added to Gamepass. Meanwhile, Microsoft just dropped their dick on the table and told Sony to cool their jets with the exclusivity bullshit.

Microsoft should return the favor by making Elder Scrolls and the next Fallout games all exclusive.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada

That's because they have very different strategies right now, it's not because Microsoft is somehow morally superior to Sony. They'd be doing the same things if they needed to sell hardware the way Sony does.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The Sony fan boys worrying about every bethesda game being exclusives are missing a key factor; microsoft makes more money selling them on all platforms rather than 1.

I can't see them doing it. Logic says they would have done the same thing with Minecraft given thats an even bigger IP but they're like "nah you just pay us to have it"

The idea of having bethesda games available on game pass day 1 is probably the real endgame prize here.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
That's because they have very different strategies right now, it's not because Microsoft is somehow morally superior to Sony. They'd be doing the same things if they needed to sell hardware the way Sony does.
I never suggested it had anything to do with moral superiority. As a consumer, I don't really care about their reasoning. All I know is that Xbox has been more consumer-friendly than Sony for a long time now.

I hope this doesn't come across as "fanboyism" or whatever, I buy all of the major consoles and can appreciate their various strengths. I'm just tired of Sony's timed exclusive nonsense. If I want to play a game on Xbox instead of PlayStation, I'd like to be able to do so without missing out on content just because Sony parked the Brinks truck in front of a developer and asked them to withhold things from Xbox gamers.

Reactions: GreytWun

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Yeah, you can either spend $70 or get a GP sub. And if you spend $70, you’re funding Game Pass.

I nearly skipped this generation entirely and have been pro physical.

But with games going up in price again to probably $100 CDN it hard to ignore game pass... I'll be getting a Series X for sure

Reactions: GreytWun

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
It’s crazy how much value game pass has, love what MS is doing. I wonder how many other studios will eventually take the leap.

imagine elder scrolls, doom, fallout come out and you can just download it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad