Microsoft Xbox Discussion - It is my nature

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I want a Conkers bad fur day sequel. Xbox needs a 3D platformer to compete with ratchet and Clank.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Now that you mention it, I actually have both in front of me, white and black. The black one doesnt work with bluetooth on PC, so its defeinitely the original version. I didn't realize they were different.

While the shoulder buttons aren't as overly clicky on the white controller, I still prefer the DS4 shoulder buttons massively.

Feeling the face buttons again, they're okay, not nearly as bad as the shoulder buttons, Ive been using DS4 mainly on PC ever since I found all steam games support it, but that reminds me of another thing I dislike about the white controller, its got this rough yet not at all grippy texture on the back.

I like the dpad, but its also overly clicky. I prefer a dpad thats got more softness and travel to it. The DS4 dpad has good feel, but its not an actual dpad which is annoying.

FYI, it's not just white controllers, all black ones are v2. As for the rough surface, I and all of my friends love that. It keeps the controller from getting sticky from palm sweat during hot summer periods and cleaner. I find it much grippier than a slick surface.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Apparently Lockhart/Series S will have a GPU significantly less powerful than the PS4 Pro, not sure what they're gonna do with that, 1080p machine?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Apparently Lockhart/Series S will have a GPU significantly less powerful than the PS4 Pro, not sure what they're gonna do with that, 1080p machine?

It's less powerful than the One X but won't have a Blu-ray drive and could cost only 199 dollars/euros. It will also be able to do 1440p.

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
Random gaming question. I have been playing on a 55 inch tv that we have in our living room. I feel like it way too much screen and actually puts me at a disadvantage. Is it true that a tv screen can be too big, and if so is there a standard size that people generally use to give them the best advantage?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Random gaming question. I have been playing on a 55 inch tv that we have in our living room. I feel like it way too much screen and actually puts me at a disadvantage. Is it true that a tv screen can be too big, and if so is there a standard size that people generally use to give them the best advantage?

Depends how far you're from the tv. For any tv from 49" upwards, the distance should be 2 meters and further, the bigger the tv is.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Generally speaking, for competitive gaming the entire screen should only by in the center of your field of vision , since your vision actually naturally blurs on the edges (although you don't notice it)

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
Keep in mind this is very dependent on how close you sit to your TV.

Correct. I have a 4k monitor and TV. Really hard pressed to tell the difference, the upshot to 4k TVs, is that they're cheap, and have lots of other features that not all 1080p sets got.

I look at 4k, if you're in the market for a new TV, just get 4k HDR, you'll probably find more use out of the HDR, than the increased resolution.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Microsoft's new Santa Monica studio boasts some incredibly impressive industry talent, including the writer of Red Dead Redemption, and the level designer from God of War, led by former Tomb Raider boss Darrel Gallagher. What this all-star developer is working on is anyone's guess at this point, but much like the Halo footage, we've been told to expect great things from this studio

Reactions: x Tame Impala

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Late? Like in the month? I think it’s Microsoft week or something like that.
Yes, there rumours earlier on that it would still take place during the same time frame as E3, which is around this week I believe yet they're delaying all the way until the end of July. That makes sense why it's so late, but the real question is why is Microsoft's week like so late in July?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yes, there rumours earlier on that it would still take place during the same time frame as E3, which is around this week I believe yet they're delaying all the way until the end of July. That makes sense why it's so late, but the real question is why is Microsoft's week like so late in July?

E3 took place early June last year. Everything's late because there's some virus going on which has caused delays. Also, what's the rush? Are you in a hurry to be somewhere? Have a little patience...oh wait, I forgot what site we're on.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Game Pass is fantastic, even on the PC side of things (which is what I use). Keeps me coming back to my Xbox account and giving Microsoft some money every month (well, most months):laugh:.

If the rumour is true and Cyberpunk hits Game Pass quickly after launch, I wonder if that will be for PC too....

I'm guessing not, as CDPR will want as many PC sales through their own platform GOG as they can. Pretty hard to blame them for that since they don't have to give a middle man a cut...unless Xbox is offering them something pretty substantial of course.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I am just wondering how these game companies make money by placing their games on this game pass. I mean i get old games, but new games have been being put on their as well such as Crackdown, The Outer World and now supposedly Cyberpunk.

Does Microsoft pay them in order for this to happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad