Microsoft Xbox Discussion - It is my nature

Discussion in 'Geek Emporium' started by SniperHF, Jul 11, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. Easy E

Easy E Registered User

It's only good for the month right?

2. SwolePatrol

SwolePatrol Eberle=Clutch

you have to sign in on YOUR account on HER xbox and set HERS to your accounts home xbox

3. Pay Carl

Pay Carl don't lose touch

Wow that's awesome, my favorite single player game ever
    No, you have to download it in the couple weeks its available, but its permanent after that. You can even delete it off your xbox once its downloaded and you'll be able to redownload for free

4. Warden of the North

Warden of the North The Matthews Show

As long as you have an active Gold membership you can play it.

5. macleod50

macleod50 Registered User

Who else is looking forward to Super Mega Baseball 2?

Surprised me to see a brand new game on the free list.

6. Gonzothe7thDman

Gonzothe7thDman Registered User

Got the One X for my 4k HDR tv a few months back, and honestly, wishing I went the way of PS4 Pro. If I didn't have my EASHL friends on XBL, I would make the switch. Where are the good exclusives?

7. Commander Clueless

Commander Clueless Most Displeased

I'm experiencing a similar feeling.

I went ahead and sold off the PS4 Pro because I wasn't using it much, and picked up a One X. Which I now don't use really at all.

Then you see God of War come out for PS4 and wonder what the heck Microsoft is doing. Sea of Thieves is a lot of fun, but Sony apparently understands the desire for great single player games.

The One X is a fantastic piece of hardware, but that's of little use when I really don't have much to play on it. Game Pass helps, but I've exhausted most of what I wanted to do with it already (Halo 5, basically), aside from maybe replaying 360 games.

8. Gonzothe7thDman

Gonzothe7thDman Registered User

Pretty much same here.

I have a high end gaming PC, but i basically use it for Rocket League and replaying old games I beat years ago. I remember when I was younger, like 11-12-13 watching my Uncle play games like Half Life and Diablo amongst others, and pining so hard to be able to be older and have money to buy my own console/gaming pc. Now I have both and feel like games just aren't what they used to be.

But like you said, you see God of War, Horizon, Spiderman, Detroit, and I am sitting here feeling like Im just missing out. The One X is used to play my DDP Yoga DVD's, and some NHL Online stuff but thats about it.

9. GreatKeith

GreatKeith You can win trades?

Accountant
    I held back on upgrading to a One X because the exclusives for this generation were lacking and Microsoft hasn't done much to rectify that. Even the exclusives they did have were just okay. They really need to have a monster E3 because all mine is good for right now is Diablo III.

10. Commander Clueless

I play a lot on my PC, although a lot of that is also Rocket League. :laugh:

I've had a bit of a lull lately in games as well, which is probably a good thing considering the Steam backlog I have....

I was suckered in by the tech and, to the One X's credit, it runs exceptionally well. Price-to-performance, it's a great deal. Unfortunately, as you mention, there's just not a lot of interesting games for it right now.

11. Iron Mosher

Iron Mosher Registered User

Since my Xbox was updated today all my controllers are going crazy in the Dashboard. Anyone having this problem?

12. Rhaegar Targaryen

Rhaegar Targaryen Registered User

I got an Xbox One a year and a half ago. I had a PS4 and like Xbox a lot more. However, the controller's durability is definitely a problem. I got a second white controller, and after six months the right stick had a problem where it constantly thought it was being pushed up a little bit. It caused a ton of problems you wouldn't expect.

The original controller that came with it has held up, but the A button gets stuck in every few weeks and needs rubbing alcohol to be applied to help it.

13. Warden of the North

I dont get the nostalgia thats driving the sales of the new Duke controller. Its a god awful controller design that Microsoft quickly ditched the first go around because nearly everyone hated it. I had one. No one wanted them and immediately bought S controllers when they came out.

Blehhhhhhh

14. WubbaLubbaDubDub

WubbaLubbaDubDub And that's why I always say, Shumshumschilpiddydah

Honestly I've had my eye on the razer controllers for awhile now, I just can't justify the price.

15. Big McLargehuge

Big McLargehuge Registered User

Somewhere along the line having a memory of something had to be mistaken for having nostalgia for it.

MetalheadPenguinsFan likes this.
  16. tmurfin

tmurfin So Good! Mony Mony!

As someone who bought PS4 at launch, and X1 a couple months after launch, I gotta say the controllers for Xbox are garbage for reliability in comparison.

I ended up giving my PS4 to my dad, along with the two controllers I had since launch. He always lets my nieces and nephews play and they wreak havoc on everything, but 5.5 years later, those controllers are still kicking. All the buttons work (no rubber left on analogs), charging is a little wonky at times, but manageable. Whereas my Xbox One, I’ve had to buy a new controller, every 9-12 months since I’ve had the system. Without fail. Dead buttons, drifting analogs, just dead, etc. And I’m not the hardcore gamer I used to be. I get maybe 3-5 hrs a weeks gaming, if I’m lucky.

Couple days ago I got lucky and picked up a dirt cheap mint condition PS4 off a relative, and got back into it. Ugh the exclusives, my wallet didn’t like me :laugh:, hello Crash, hello GoW. And one of the free PS+ games is Beyond: Two Souls, something I wanted to play since I saw the trailer at E3, so far, a very good single player game.

Xbox reeeeeeaally needs to catch up with exclusives, and no, getting CoD DLC a week early doesn’t cut it.

17. Commander Clueless

I haven't had any real reliability issue with any of my PS4 or Xbox One controllers, save the rubber wearing off of the PS4.

I will say if you give me the option, I'd take the Xbox One controller 10/10 times. I like them so much better.

That said, I'd easily take the PS4 exclusives. :laugh:

tmurfin and WubbaLubbaDubDub like this.
  18. tmurfin

I still really prefer the feel/comfort, and triggers/bumpers of the DualShock, but the analog placement and analog feel are much better on the Xbox, imo of course.

19. The Mars Volchenkov

The Mars Volchenkov Registered User

I still have my launch XB1 controller that I use every day. Still works great. Never broken a controller with any console to be honest.

20. tmurfin

Maybe I’ve just had **** luck. Really not sure, I’m not overly hard on controllers, my throwing days were left with Gamcube :laugh:

21. HawksFan74

HawksFan74 Tread Lightly

Controllers - Best Buy warranty or some other company. Trade in every couple years.

22. Warden of the North

Im on my second controller in 2.5 years. The first one fell off the table and broke the right bumper. Worked fine up until that point. Ive never had any controller for any console break except for me dropping them or them falling off stuff.

Ive known people who wore out the analog sticks in under a year. I dont understand how its possible, but they did.

23. Iron Mosher

I've gone through 9 Elite controllers and about 6 regular controllers. I've broken triggers, buttons, always get drifting analog sticks. I think driving games are really hard on them.

And speaking off, did anyone see the add for the Limited Edition Forza Elite controller that's $300???!!! No ****ing way I'd pay that.

24. WubbaLubbaDubDub

WubbaLubbaDubDub And that's why I always say, Shumshumschilpiddydah

For that much it better have a steering wheel and pedals lol

25. Iron Mosher

I Spent $1000 bucks on a Fanatec wheel with pedals and a Playseat for the 360...only to have it not work on the Xbone so I sold it to a friends since it still worked for PC.

WubbaLubbaDubDub likes this.