Microsoft Xbox Discussion - It is my nature

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Anyone playing state of decay 2? I'm having a ton of fun with it. Not GOTY or anything but you can kill a lot of time playing it.

Microsoft offered me another 2 week trial of gold so I've been trying all the free games. Halo lost my attention real quick and I haven't touched sea of thieves since the beta.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Took the plunge on Game Pass with the additions of The Division and ESO.

I have limited experience with those types of online games so it'll be good to give a better understanding of how they work.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I've been thinking about renewing my Game Pass for a month to try out State of Decay 2. Not usually my type of game, but perhaps interesting enough for a go.

I should probably just try to make a dent in my backlog....

Reactions: Iron Mosher

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Anyone here a big fan of Halo?

I know I am/was but colored me unimpressed with yesterday... It has been three years since the last game that we should all forget and we are just now getting a teaser? The game should be launching soon.

And that art style ugh... That is not what it looked like with bungie...was just ugly

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I've been thinking about renewing my Game Pass for a month to try out State of Decay 2. Not usually my type of game, but perhaps interesting enough for a go.

I tried it a long time ago and last week I had a thing from Xbox saying they're giving me another 2 week trial. Been playing the shit outta state of decay 2 and I was actually considering buying fo4 for xbox. I'll probably end up getting gamepass for awhile.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I tried it a long time ago and last week I had a thing from Xbox saying they're giving me another 2 week trial. Been playing the **** outta state of decay 2 and I was actually considering buying fo4 for xbox. I'll probably end up getting gamepass for awhile.

Get Fallout and mod the everyliving heck out of it.

Its great without mods, but way better with them

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
Anyone here a big fan of Halo?

I know I am/was but colored me unimpressed with yesterday... It has been three years since the last game that we should all forget and we are just now getting a teaser? The game should be launching soon.

And that art style ugh... That is not what it looked like with bungie...was just ugly

It's on a brand new engine that they built that's one of the reasons for the length.

Plus rumors already swirling for a late 2019 release.

shello

Mar 5, 2011
Dana Point, CA
Anyone have any suggestions for Xbox 360 games? Preferably some that you wouldn't find on the "best Xbox 360 games of all time lists". I'm recovering from a fractured ankle so I'll have lots of time to do nothing

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Anyone have any suggestions for Xbox 360 games? Preferably some that you wouldn't find on the "best Xbox 360 games of all time lists". I'm recovering from a fractured ankle so I'll have lots of time to do nothing

Burnout Paradise.

Reactions: shello

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
Wolfenstein II is breaking my xbox. It is causing the fans to rev up to the point where my box shuts completely down within two minutes of hitting the start button. I cleaned the fans as best as I could and the same thing happened. Neat.

This has never happened with any other game.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Wolfenstein II is breaking my xbox. It is causing the fans to rev up to the point where my box shuts completely down within two minutes of hitting the start button. I cleaned the fans as best as I could and the same thing happened. Neat.

This has never happened with any other game.
My PS4 (original) sounds like a hairdryer. Cleaned it and it still sounds like a overheating hairdryer. Can't say I've ever had it shutdown on me though.

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
This is horseshit. I have exactly zero issues with other games. A game should not cause a system to shut down. So far Wolfenstein is a waste of money for me.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
God of War on my Pro after about 45 minutes decided it wanted to be a jet engine. This is everytime I would play.

Shit happens. I just turned up the volume and bricked it out.

Iron Mosher

Sep 29, 2017

Im really liking SofD2. Been trough 2 erm, uh, trials so far.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
OK, my internet connection isnt great. I can stream HD video, but not do much else at the same time. Downloading digital games is basically an overnight/while im at work proposition for me.

So over the weekend I download State of Decay 2. Thats fine, I had company all weekend so didnt get any time to play anyways. Last night I go to fire it up "requires 8gb update". So I start it up and go to bed, presuming it will be ready for me tonight.

No sir!

Get home from work, go to launch

"reguires 6gb update"

:facepalm:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
OK, my internet connection isnt great. I can stream HD video, but not do much else at the same time. Downloading digital games is basically an overnight/while im at work proposition for me.

So over the weekend I download State of Decay 2. Thats fine, I had company all weekend so didnt get any time to play anyways. Last night I go to fire it up "requires 8gb update". So I start it up and go to bed, presuming it will be ready for me tonight.

No sir!

Get home from work, go to launch

"reguires 6gb update"

:facepalm:
Story of my Life man. It's so frustrating. I have like 6 games that need updates or now that gamepass released a few games I need to download 32gb for dirt 4...which isn't happening any time soon.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Story of my Life man. It's so frustrating. I have like 6 games that need updates or now that gamepass released a few games I need to download 32gb for dirt 4...which isn't happening any time soon.

Like, I appreciate companies are updatimg games, but come on, 14gb of update spread over two seperate files? There needs to be an option to play offline for more games and bypass the update at least until your choosing

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Like, I appreciate companies are updatimg games, but come on, 14gb of update spread over two seperate files? There needs to be an option to play offline for more games and bypass the update at least until your choosing

These days those updates tend to be of critical nature, fixing major issues that have "suddenly" poppd up or fixing previous updates. I don't don't know if anyone here still palys Star Trek Online on Xbox One but they're constantly releasing new content and "episodes" or missions for it but the updates might break something that wasn't previously broken. For example, recent new mission somehow managed to break the cut scene camera so that it would go haywire. :laugh: I'm sort of hoping Microsoft would pay for an exclusive proper 4K-update of the game engine (which is 8 years old already).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->