OT: MIchigan Sports Thread: UM wins Natty Championship

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
it's crazy how quickly the Lions have turned from being a laughingstock all my life into basically the opposite of that

i've never been big on Football in general even disregarding how much of a joke the Lions have been but how can you read stuff like this, think about how the whole team probably has a similar attitude, and not love that team?

and I say this as someone that generally views teams saying stuff like how they're primarily looking for good culture fits or whatever as essentially a meme
Damn right. It's exactly what you should want: every aspect of your franchise focusing every off-season moment through the singular lens of seizing their window of opportunity and winning a championship, right here and now.

Be bold. Turn over every rock there is, whether in the draft or in free agency or in trades, to finish transforming the roster into THE team to beat. And go out there and win a Super Bowl.

As crazy as it sounds when referring to the Lions, there's absolutely no reason they can't do it. So watch the big game as criteria of your mission statement - this is the caliber of opponents we are going to defeat. Then make your plan and execute it over the next 12 months.

Reactions: Ricelund

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Oh I realize it’s a #CTESPN tweet.

:D

Ha, I feel you. And I think we all felt this a little.

1707721436065.png

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Only in Detroit

Detroit Pistons forward Isaiah Stewart was arrested and cited after an altercation with a Phoenix Suns player prior to Wednesday’s NBA game between the two teams.
Player altercations are not uncommon in NBA. What is the difference maker here? Off court? Are the Suns trolling the Pistons?

As for the Super Bowl...Lions would have won. It was there for the taking. I hope this is motivation for '24 season.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Player altercations are not uncommon in NBA. What is the difference maker here? Off court? Are the Suns trolling the Pistons?

As for the Super Bowl...Lions would have won. It was there for the taking. I hope this is motivation for '24 season.
He punched him before the game in the player entrance as they were walking into the building. That is very uncommon, if not downright unheard of.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
He punched him before the game in the player entrance as they were walking into the building. That is very uncommon, if not downright unheard of.
This cannot be good news for the Isaiah Stewart rookie cards I bought a few years ago. Blind buy after reading about him in these very forums!

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Green Bay is right behind Detroit. Just the way it needs to stay all season. :neener:

Well at least from last year we've gone from, "Lol the Packers are going to suck so bad and Love looks terrible" to "the Packers might be a top team but not as top as Detroit."

That's all I ever asked for was a little recognition. This is progress.

As for Detroit, they'll be wearing a much bigger target on their back this year. But I think they'll be ready for it.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Yes. I even fixed the last one that seemed broken and it's still messed up.

Looks like any attachments are borked. It will work if the image is hosted on another site.
Lol I realized I attempted to post a photo of me wondering if photos are working.

I'm tired.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Pistons game had me so pissed that I had to watch the Kane goal like four more times.

Edit: First time returning to this thread since the NFC Championship game, a night I refuse to acknowledge happened.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Guy is out here dreaming of bussing dogs around but unfortunately he has to play in the NHL to pay the bills. I hope he keeps playing like a gamer and gets that dream payday from Detroit.
I mean….

Better than all those unimaginative answers…. car salesman, real estate agent, lawyers. For a dream job? Blech.

I’ve got time for Lyon’s bus version of Homeward Bound and Ras’s dark comedy real life hospital show.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad