OT: MIchigan Sports Thread: UM wins Natty Championship

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Man, I thought you were being way too optimistic when you said he might stay but damn good news for the Lions. Bad news for my Pack.

I mean, I had it at 5% and under. With the 5% being generous.

How shit is that Washington job? Seems everyone is turning down that job.

Jobs will be available every year. The interest for him is still there as well.

In addition, the following may open up next season:

Philadelphia
Dallas
Buffalo
Kansas City?

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Jobs will be available every year. The interest for him is still there as well.

In addition, the following may open up next season:

Philadelphia
Dallas
Buffalo
Kansas City?
True. And maybe he does not like this class of QBs for the draft. If I'm leaving a playoff contender where my signal caller is running my offense very smoothly, I want either another veteran that I think will pick it up very well, or a kid that I'm thrilled about as perhaps being one of the next great QBs in the league.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
hate-you[1].gif

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I mean, I had it at 5% and under. With the 5% being generous.

The rumors coming out now are saying Johnson wanted north of $10 million for a head coaching gig and that scared teams off.

If that's true, then it's clear he didn't really want the Commanders job unless they gave him a blank check. Basically, "overpay me or I'm just going to stay where I'm happy."

Alternatively, that could be Washington doing damage control saying his demands were too much. NFL teams are always "leaking" the details when things don't go their way.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Speaking of, I'm really surprised they didn't roll out the red carpet for Jim Harbaugh.
Bears gonna bear. I guess the Bears do have some sort of personal connection to Harbaugh, so I have to think they knew he was available, but I bet they also knew his price tag. I would bet that is what really killed any possible talk of Harbaugh to the Bears.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Speaking of, I'm really surprised they didn't roll out the red carpet for Jim Harbaugh.

Apparently Harbaugh has been a fan of Herbert for a while.

That plus Chicago's win streak seems at the end seems to have bought their coach some time.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Apparently Harbaugh has been a fan of Herbert for a while.

That plus Chicago's win streak seems at the end seems to have bought their coach some time.

All I know is they roll it back with Fields as well then the new stadium should look like a circus tent. Talented athlete, no doubt, but he literally can't adjust to defenses and stares down his first read (DJ Moore always) until he throws or runs.

Fields is the only NFL QB I've actually been able to watch him make his reads in real time and feel like he's not going too fast for me.

Sorry @Winger98 , you're out here catching strays.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Bears ownership hire consultants to hire the bargain bin GM and coaching candidates then point at the shitty consultants when they fail.

They hired Bill Polian to hire their current coach and GM

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Jonatan Berggren is our Lord and Savior,
May 11, 2023
What it seems like is Johnson never wanted a HC job this year. So he priced himself out of the market. So either he got his HC job and a ludicrous paybump or he stays with Detroit for a nice, tidy sum and doesn't have to run the show yet.

I wouldn't be surprised to see "Ben Johnson gets a raise" in the next couple months here.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
All I know is they roll it back with Fields as well then the new stadium should look like a circus tent. Talented athlete, no doubt, but he literally can't adjust to defenses and stares down his first read (DJ Moore always) until he throws or runs.

Fields is the only NFL QB I've actually been able to watch him make his reads in real time and feel like he's not going too fast for me.

Sorry @Winger98 , you're out here catching strays.

has an exciting new way for the Bears to save money revealed itself?

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Sooo, I don't follow the Lions roster situation nearly as closely as the Wings..... are the Lions standing to lose any key players this off-season?
One of the best situaations in the league. 7th in cap space, Johnson coming back and now with Mike Mcdonald gtting hired in Seattle, it seems more unlikely that they lose Glenn as well. Four picks in the top 100 as well

They might be running it back with the same roster, just guys like Sewell, Hutch, Branch, Laporta and Gibbs have a year of experionce under their belts

Reactions: jaster

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Sooo, I don't follow the Lions roster situation nearly as closely as the Wings..... are the Lions standing to lose any key players this off-season?

One of the best situaations in the league. 7th in cap space, Johnson coming back and now with Mike Mcdonald gtting hired in Seattle, it seems more unlikely that they lose Glenn as well. Four picks in the top 100 as well

They might be running it back with the same roster, just guys like Sewell, Hutch, Branch, Laporta and Gibbs have a year of experionce under their belts

I think the biggest question mark at this point is Ragnow's health. We have to hope he doesn't retire.

Reactions: jaster

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002

I imagine it would be real hard to walk away from this roster if he could gut it out at all. After all the years of futility here, he deserves this more than most. Lets hope he can stay relatively healthy next season.

If the Lions can get themselves in a moderate secondary, this team could do some real damage next year. Adding another threat on the D-Line would be good too, but I think the secondary should be the main focus.

Reactions: Konnan511

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
it's crazy how quickly the Lions have turned from being a laughingstock all my life into basically the opposite of that

i've never been big on Football in general even disregarding how much of a joke the Lions have been but how can you read stuff like this, think about how the whole team probably has a similar attitude, and not love that team?

and I say this as someone that generally views teams saying stuff like how they're primarily looking for good culture fits or whatever as essentially a meme

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad