OT: Michigan Sports Thread: The 1-3 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014

Excellent news if true.

That seems strange. I know Hinch needed a job SOMEWHERE to get back into baseball, but I can't imagine he would've jumped at the Detroit job if he already couldn't stand the guy who would be his boss.

Maybe feathers have gotten ruffled a bit since he arrived, but with the team overachieving relative to most expectations, the implied degree of animosity still seems excessive.

Reactions: Winger98

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
That seems strange. I know Hinch needed a job SOMEWHERE to get back into baseball, but I can't imagine he would've jumped at the Detroit job if he already couldn't stand the guy who would be his boss.

Maybe feathers have gotten ruffled a bit since he arrived, but with the team overachieving relative to most expectations, the implied degree of animosity still seems excessive.

Also, frankly, I'm not sure I trust Hinch to have a big say on who the GM should be. I know I'm probably pretty alone in this but the whole sign stealing crap still rubs me the wrong way - less that they were doing it, and more that Hinch's excuse was that he suggested they not do it but, dang it, what was he supposed to do just being the manager and all?

I know folks are going to shoot back with the idea that everyone cheats but I don't care. If the Tigers manage to win something I don't want to wake up two weeks later by it being cheapened by the same sorta crap the Astros pulled.

The guy seems like a good hire for directing the team on the field, but if he doesn't like the GM...well, maybe that's a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad