Michel Therrien Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
The worst part is that these people are themselves being massive racists & xenophobes by calling a whole population "xenophobes" based on nothing but their misled impressions and hatred of that population's difference.

And they dont even realize that. :help:

I haven't said much so far, and I will keep my remarks brief at this point. All I want to say is that trying to understand other people can help in these situations.

It is perfectly understandable that the French-speaking majority in Quebec wants to preserve their language and culture.

It is perfectly understandable that the French-speaking minority in Ontario and New Brunswick in particular wants to be able to live in French as much as possible and keep their communities alive.

It is perfectly understandable that the English-speaking minority in Quebec wants to be able to live in English as much as possible and keep their communities alive.

Voluntary action and social pressure are normally considered more civilized ways of achieving one's goals than acts of force, terror or intimidation, whether by individuals or groups of individuals.

A business such as the Montreal Canadiens deciding that it will attempt to respect its customers and the community it finds itself in, by acting in a particular way, is working within the set of actions I call voluntary.

Laws that restrict people's rights and threaten them with fines and imprisonment are not voluntary, but political. It is understandable that people who feel targeted by these laws may harbour resentment against people who defend the laws or even demand stricter ones. Unfortunately for both sides, these boards are not the place to debate the laws.

To the point at hand, Michel Therrien is a pretty competent coach, though he will never please all the people all of the time, and even though he certainly seems not to listen to me when I have brilliant ideas to put forward. It is perfectly understandable that Therrien remains the coach of the team, as the results have been above-average or better, by any objective measure.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Names have been posted before, go find them. MacLean is available too, but I dont think he'd want to coach someone who called him a fat bug eyed walrus.
Btw, you really dont have to quote multiple paragraphs of text, and bold the sentence you're replying to. You could, you know, just delete the text you're not responding to.

Maclean was not available at the time of MT hiring or re-signing. MB will not fire MT after the two season we had, not after an unexpected ECF appearance and a more than decent beginning of season. And Maclean has not shown to be better than MT. You fail, again.

or I could simple quote people any way I want and not care wether you like it or not ;)

Yep

Lighthearted
Sep 12, 2009
Planète XY 1000 Z
It was amazing. They needed another hour. I have a new found respect for MT and AV after this.

Also, BTW, he cannot say "respect" in french either! :laugh: He said it 3 times and never used the "T".

It seems pretty interesting. I wish they would add subtitles for our anglo friends!

Sample :

Rebroadcast of the episode : today 10:30PM, Wednesday 31st 10h30AM and thursday 1st 4:30PM

Pricef*

I haven't said much so far, and I will keep my remarks brief at this point. All I want to say is that trying to understand other people can help in these situations.

It is perfectly understandable that the French-speaking majority in Quebec wants to preserve their language and culture.

It is perfectly understandable that the French-speaking minority in Ontario and New Brunswick in particular wants to be able to live in French as much as possible and keep their communities alive.

It is perfectly understandable that the English-speaking minority in Quebec wants to be able to live in English as much as possible and keep their communities alive.

Voluntary action and social pressure are normally considered more civilized ways of achieving one's goals than acts of force, terror or intimidation, whether by individuals or groups of individuals.

A business such as the Montreal Canadiens deciding that it will attempt to respect its customers and the community it finds itself in, by acting in a particular way, is working within the set of actions I call voluntary.

Laws that restrict people's rights and threaten them with fines and imprisonment are not voluntary, but political. It is understandable that people who feel targeted by these laws may harbour resentment against people who defend the laws or even demand stricter ones. Unfortunately for both sides, these boards are not the place to debate the laws.

To the point at hand, Michel Therrien is a pretty competent coach, though he will never please all the people all of the time, and even though he certainly seems not to listen to me when I have brilliant ideas to put forward. It is perfectly understandable that Therrien remains the coach of the team, as the results have been above-average or better, by any objective measure.

Thank you sir for restoring my faith in this board!!

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
You guys obviously don't know how to have a discussion without getting political, so this is closed for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad